User Controls

Who's the most stoic member of this forum?

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I made a poll then decided not to so as to not digitally jack off the members that I figured should be included. You know who you are anyway, maybe.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    IRL, probably me, I'm pretty damn unemotional and unexpressive. I've actually been described as a robot multiple times throughout my life.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    In the philosophical sense i would say Malice as well. By the by, there is an expression in the Dutch language and it has basically to do with stoicism but it portrays a stoic person as overly serious and somewhat emotionally absent.
    I'm literally Aristotle.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    IRL, probably me, I'm pretty damn unemotional and unexpressive. I've actually been described as a robot multiple times throughout my life.

I understand stoicism not to be without emotion, but to be without emotion regarding trivial things. Is there anything that you particularly DO get emotional about? Can you remember the last time you cried? Felt genuinely angry? What actually MATTERS to you?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    In the philosophical sense i would say Malice as well. By the by, there is an expression in the Dutch language and it has basically to do with stoicism but it portrays a stoic person as overly serious and somewhat emotionally absent.

Yes of course Malice came to mind for me as well. I was also thinking, perhaps, sploo. I don't know how much stoicism translates to autism but I think there's some correlation.
    I understand stoicism not to be without emotion, but to be without emotion regarding trivial things. Is there anything that you particularly DO get emotional about? Can you remember the last time you cried? Felt genuinely angry? What actually MATTERS to you?

I have a seething, explosive hatred of humanity. I genuinely have to near-constantly attempt to prevent my thoughts from ruminating on the many aspects of humanity rouse my ire, the desire to annihilate.

That's another similarity between me and Sophie, we both have massive anger problems. Haidt did an interesting study of political ideologies and personality profiles which included (right-)libertarians, ancaps will likely follow the trend and be at the extreme end. Low agreeableness, very skewed toward systemizing, dislike and anger for emotionalism/low propensity for rationalism/illogical behavior and stupidity, and likely a high level of pridefulness.

I also seem to lack a real sense of mercy and how, relative to the general population, insanely disproportionate my anger response is. Generally I go straight to wanting to brutally murder someone at an affront.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    spends all day researching8= drug instead of staring at desktop
    I have a seething, explosive hatred of humanity. I genuinely have to near-constantly attempt to prevent my thoughts from ruminating on the many aspects of humanity rouse my ire, the desire to annihilate.

I also seem to lack a real sense of mercy and how, relative to the general population, insanely disproportionate my anger response is. Generally I go straight to wanting to brutally murder someone at an affront.

This isnt stoic. This is jaded. If you were a real stoic you wouldnt brutally murder someone. A real stoic would just shoot them or precisely sever an artery and then be on their way.

EDIT: Maybe a stoic would choke them but it would be less the violent neck shaking trechea breaking choking and more the cutting of the blood supply to the brain until they are dead.
    Dissociator African Astronaut
    me, if I posted here more often when I'm sober, INTP stoicism top tier
    INFPX (the x makes it sound cool) supeiror alt
    INTJ is superior, 2nd highest average income behind ENTJs (I'd rather take the hit than deal with goddamn human beings all day).

The mouth of the just shall meditate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgement.
    The mouth of the just shall meditate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgement.

Hell yes. Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam et lingua eius loquetur iudicium.

When do we receive the crown of life?
    INTJ is superior,

Every INTJ I have ever met was douchecannoe who thought being intj actually did make them superior. None of them were as smart as they thought they were.

Thinking of yourself as and identifying as (note I do not say being) an INTJ pretty much guarantees you are a fucking cunt who needs their shit kicked in.
    ESTP Master Race.

Sadly my megalomaniac narcissistic tendencies tend to over shadow even my intellectual ability.

Can you taste the irony in that statement. CAN YA PUNK!?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    INTJ is superior, 2nd highest average income behind ENTJs (I'd rather take the hit than deal with goddamn human beings all day).

do these profiles even apply to autismos?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Daily reminder that taking myer briggs special snowflake test is the moral equivalent of accepting a engorged penis into your asshole and makes one a certifiable faggot.
    Daily reminder that taking myer briggs special snowflake test is the moral equivalent of accepting a engorged penis into your asshole and makes one a certifiable faggot.

Not special... Just a limited edition, i would argue.
    Dissociator African Astronaut

people that are like OH YEAH I'M ENTJ I'M SPECIAL like when people brag about iq, both tests imo are used to just give a rough estimate of a person's personality and intelligence and iq test should only be used to gauge intelligence in mental retardation to assess their needs and shit, MB test should be used to diagnose personality disorders, or to find a suitable mate with the same personality typw
    extroverts should all be killed.
Jump to Top