User Controls

Trusted member information list

There should be a place for trusted members to list sources for things. Something like how /r/rcsources used to have a trusted vendor list. We could list on there sources for Crouton and other things. You'd need to be a well established member of the community to view it though. Now that I am typing this out it sounds like too much hassle to be worth it, but w/e.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    muh muffins came out good, I give em the nod of approval.
    CandyRein Black Hole
    Sitting in my car listening to the storm and toking to 105.7 no clue of this song.. sounds nice tho 🙂

I don’t know why I haven’t gone in the house yet lol high/stuck I guess

I’m sure I’ll make it in after this next song
    *toke*

Dang my bad I thought this was what you listening to thread
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I like it in theory but it does lend itself to a forum elitism, not to mention the legal implications. There's a reason /r/rcsources doesn't have this anymore. I'd think that the circulation of such a list maintained by such members would be less contentious.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by CandyRein Sitting in my car listening to the storm and toking to 105.7 no clue of this song.. sounds nice tho 🙂

I don’t know why I haven’t gone in the house yet lol high/stuck I guess

I’m sure I’ll make it in after this next song
    *toke*

Dang my bad I thought this was what you listening to thread

I liked this post until I found out it wasn't intentional.

Why don't you smoke weed in your house? Do you have kids?
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    It won't happen Lanny, don't like trouble and that would most certainly be trouble.
    CandyRein Black Hole
    No..I don’t usually smoke in the car, I went on a weed run and ended up testing the product in my motor vehicle, perhaps I wasn’t ready to go into the storm to enter the house because I don’t have an automatic garage remote thing so i wasn’t getting out the car to open the garage which has a door leading to the house so I was gonna get wet regardless because my umbrella wasn’t on me

I completely forgot where I was going with this
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Originally posted by Zanick There's a reason /r/rcsources doesn't have this anymore.

Because reddit censors everything?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    RDProgrammer/10
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Zanick I like it in theory but it does lend itself to a forum elitism

Don't be ridiculous there is a forum elite, if you feel that there isn't you're probably not a part of it.
    Glokula's Homabla African Astronaut
    i forum elite
    Originally posted by Sophie Don't be ridiculous there is a forum elite, if you feel that there isn't you're probably not a part of it.

I'm not denying the existence of a core group of posters with seniority and high regard, it's obviously a feature of our community. I just think that making it explicit and adding perks would be an unwelcome segregation in our user base.
    But if I wasn't clear, I'm not bothered by the idea of those same users maintaining such a list together in private.
    Originally posted by Zanick I'm not denying the existence of a core group of posters with seniority and high regard, it's obviously a feature of our community. I just think that making it explicit and adding perks would be an unwelcome segregation in our user base.

I know what you meant after giving it 1 second more thought after posting what i posted.
    Glokula's Homabla African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie I know what you meant after giving it 1 second more thought after posting what i posted.

light boy
    Originally posted by Glokula's Homabla light boy

Heavy boy. Get fit.
    I don't mean to come across as a stick in the mud, it's a worthwhile form of resistance against bad policy and we should all be doing our fair share of drugs.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Sounds illegal.

Id report it to the proper authorities
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Yeah, I have my doubts about it. I'm tempted to say it would devolve into illegal shit that would land my ass in jail pretty quick. The case that even makes me consider it is RCs, where there's a reason you might want to limit exposure to an "inner circle" not strictly for legal reasons so much as for simply wanting to avoid exposure to the open web. Despite how garbage vB3 "groups" were I liked the idea of ad-hoc subforums that were operated by users and distinct from the main boards so if you wanted to make the goatse fanclub group you could do that and self-contain your threads there.

There's a fair amount of code that has to go into something like that though. You could probably re-use the post/thread infrastructure and maybe even tables but I can think of a couple of places where there's an assumption that a thread belongs to a public forum and those would have to be changed in not-super-obvious ways.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Just make a private Pastebin and only send it through PM's or Facebook group chat
Jump to Top