User Controls

Website powered solely by solar

Here is a website which is served up by a OLinuXino miniature computer (like a Raspberry Pi) hooked up to a solar panel and a lead-acid accumulator. Because the production of the panel can be less than the power consumption of the server it is expected to go offline during cloudy days (an interesting gimmick).

The battery is currently at 77%

https://solar.lowtechmagazine.com/2018/09/how-to-build-a-lowtech-website.html
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING 2.0 - The GMO Reckoning Here is a website which is served up by a OLinuXino miniature computer (like a Raspberry Pi) hooked up to a solar panel and a lead-acid accumulator. Because the production of the panel can be less than the power consumption of the server it is expected to go offline during cloudy days (an interesting gimmick).

The battery is currently at 77%

https://solar.lowtechmagazine.com/2018/09/how-to-build-a-lowtech-website.html

i wonder how they like it if their bank accounts only works half the time.

no transaction on cloudy days.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny i wonder how they like it if their bank accounts only works half the time.

no transaction on cloudy days.

Some countries only have electricity only like half of the time.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Some countries only have electricity only like half of the time.

Like Cuba, Venezuela, North Korea, and many of the rural areas in China.
    Flatulant_bomb Tuskegee Airman
    I will be interested in solar power when it can lift a 747 off the ground and fly it across the ocean. On a sunny day of course.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Some countries only have electricity only like half of the time.

some people enjoy getting fisted by extra large negros.

doesnt make it a norm, or acceptable.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Solar power is perfect for the poor.
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    I looked into solar,because I’m a hippy and shit.

It would take about 16 years (compared to my coal electricity power bills) to pay dividends.

Solar is a lie!

I did download some plans to build a windmill behind my barn/shed to power the lights and run a radio.

Baby steps.
Jump to Top