User Controls

Keeping a journal/diary

Apparently a lot of people of high SES do this, like this Kavanaugh guy, who started when his father, who also kept one suggested it.

Part of it is to defend against rape allegations and the like, part of it is to encourage you to do more in a day, and to be mindful of where your time goes.

I probably should start. Anyone do this?
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING 2.0 - The GMO Reckoning Apparently a lot of people of high SES do this, like this Kavanaugh guy, who started when his father, who also kept one suggested it.

Part of it is to defend against rape allegations and the like, part of it is to encourage you to do more in a day, and to be mindful of where your time goes.

I probably should start. Anyone do this?

I'm in soyb.❤
    The only journal worth keeping is a lab journal.
    playingindirt Tuskegee Airman [nevermore overpopulate your whitweek]
    for someone like him reasonable doubt is all it takes to walk away from a charge like that even if he did it. it being so long ago it would be hard to prove.
    we can only speculate whether it is true or not.

unfortunately it is the opposite for average citizens. it would be more like guilty until proven innocent.

and I wouldn't recommend writing a journal if you tend to be extremely honest about your feelings and you don't intend for anyone to know how you feel.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    i keep a journal so i cant get rapedl ol
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Lol smh
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by A College Professor i keep a journal so i cant get rapedl ol

I stuff it down the back of my pants
    smart people keep 2 sets of diaries.

like creative accountants.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I write everything down, from grocery lists to imagined conversations to my deepest, darkest fears, and I've achieved a lot of clarity since I've begun doing so. It makes introspection substantially more productive.
    Originally posted by Zanick I write everything down, from grocery lists to imagined conversations to my deepest, darkest fears, and I've achieved a lot of clarity since I've begun doing so. It makes introspection substantially more productive.

thats what facebook is for.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny thats what facebook is for.

I'd rather record my thoughts where nobody can see them. They aren't for public consumption, just my own.
    Originally posted by Zanick I'd rather record my thoughts where nobody can see them. They aren't for public consumption, just my own.

why not ?
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny why not ?

Actually, that's not entirely true. Whenever I have an important email or letter to send, I refine my language several times in my journal before sending it. As a result, my written communication has improved quite a lot. Sometimes I even observe this process for my forum posts, but that's usually just for what I write to Karen.
    Originally posted by Zanick Actually, that's not entirely true. Whenever I have an important email or letter to send, I refine my language several times in my journal before sending it. As a result, my written communication has improved quite a lot. Sometimes I even observe this process for my forum posts, but that's usually just for what I write to Karen.

isnt english your only language ?
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny isnt english your only language ?

I'm not referring to "language" as in English, French, Latin, etc. I really mean my word choice, grammar, and syntax.
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Theory.

Lol. That's okay too.
    I like to put my shit in a letter.
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    I mean Thank you, & I understand. I get it.

I meant that before, but I came across wrong.

Do u see how that works? 😋
    Originally posted by Zanick I'm not referring to "language" as in English, French, Latin, etc. I really mean my word choice, grammar, and syntax.

i mean like shouldnt you be able to do all that in your head since its your main language ?

i rearrange what i say all the time like how you describe but i did it all in my head before i utter them out.

idk. or were you trying to be extra pretenscious when expressing yourself thru typen medium ?
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny i mean like shouldnt you be able to do all that in your head since its your main language ?

i rearrange what i say all the time like how you describe but i did it all in my head before i utter them out.

idk. or were you trying to be extra pretenscious when expressing yourself thru typen medium ?

I do it in my head just fine, but writing it out somewhere is helpful. You can configure your syntax mentally for a few sentences but when it gets to be a paragraph or longer, you're going to run into trouble. There's nothing pretentious about having a process to help with that, and it's far from the only benefit. Sometimes I record something to give me a snapshot of a mental state at a particular time that I can refer back to. Sometimes I dig through my journal and feel as though a different person wrote some of the entries. It's extremely valuable to think of where I am in relation to where I used to be.
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Lol. What about when someone types for u?

🤗
Jump to Top