User Controls

SHOPLIFTING

Sevn Yung Blood [confab my linked clunch]
    anyone serious about it? Looking for a good site to order a golf detacher
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    What's a golf detacher?
    It removes those plastic tags they put on merchandise in stores
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Oh I've never heard it called that I've simply known it as a sensormatic tag detacher.

Upon review its a different type of tag. I forgot about the fact that there's clearly more than one type of anti-theft tags use.

Blamp.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    You don't need a detagger. All you are doing is wasting time, heatbagging and drawing attention to yourself. And if LP is right on top of you, no de-tagger is going to help you. Theoretically, the best way would be to just cut the tag off quickly with a pair of pliers, bag the merch, and exit immediately, alarm or not.
    GiGA KROZ Houston
    I only lift weights breh
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by -SpectraL You don't need a detagger. All you are doing is wasting time, heatbagging and drawing attention to yourself. And if LP is right on top of you, no de-tagger is going to help you. Theoretically, the best way would be to just cut the tag off quickly with a pair of pliers, bag the merch, and exit immediately, alarm or not.

What if you go somewhere that has electronics and clothes in the same store and you get a bunch of clothes and drape em over your arm and you're just looking around and then you get some expensive electronics with tags and put them under the clothes then go try the clothes on in the dressing room and remove all the tags there and put the electronics in your pockets and pants and wherever and then put the clothes back and leave? That seems doable.
    I’m gonna go steal a bunch of bluetooth speakers and try on pajamas tomorrow
    Originally posted by mmQ What if you go somewhere that has electronics and clothes in the same store and you get a bunch of clothes and drape em over your arm and you're just looking around and then you get some expensive electronics with tags and put them under the clothes then go try the clothes on in the dressing room and remove all the tags there and put the electronics in your pockets and pants and wherever and then put the clothes back and leave? That seems doable.

It's 50/50. There's going to be LP watching everything being picked up in electronics, or they're not. If they do, they will follow that item wherever it goes. It's not like the clothes draped over the arm is going to change anything, in that scenario.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by -SpectraL It's 50/50. There's going to be LP watching everything being picked up in electronics, or they're not. If they do, they will follow that item wherever it goes. It's not like the clothes draped over the arm is going to change anything, in that scenario.

I think that's why it's good to shoplift as a male female couple? Do you have any insight into that, like perhaps you're less likely to take note of a couple shopping than a guy by himself?

A couple who isn't me used to go to Walmart and fill their cart with everything they wanted that clearly didn't have tags, then they'd just leave and nobody once said anything. They'd just wheel the cart out. The guy always felt confident because he had a regular looking female with him as opposed to doing it alone as a sketchy looking dude.
    Originally posted by mmQ I think that's why it's good to shoplift as a male female couple? Do you have any insight into that, like perhaps you're less likely to take note of a couple shopping than a guy by himself?

A couple who isn't me used to go to Walmart and fill their cart with everything they wanted that clearly didn't have tags, then they'd just leave and nobody once said anything. They'd just wheel the cart out. The guy always felt confident because he had a regular looking female with him as opposed to doing it alone as a sketchy looking dude.

That definitely helps. Especially if it's busy; LP will choose easier pickin's and you'll go undetected. However, the exits will still be closely watched, so theoretically, it's best to bag everything in the same bags as the store issues.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by -SpectraL That definitely helps. Especially if it's busy; LP will choose easier pickin's and you'll go undetected. However, the exits will still be closely watched, so theoretically, it's best to bag everything in the same bags as the store issues.

I forgot to mention that they literally did that as they went along. Just had 8 bags in their cart and filled them along the way.
    Originally posted by mmQ I forgot to mention that they literally did that as they went along. Just had 8 bags in their cart and filled them along the way.

That's probably your very best chance of getting away with it right there. Probably an 85%+ chance of getting away clean. But OP is talking about security tags.
    I've apprehended over five thousand people for shoplifting, internal theft and credit card fraud, so I know ALL the tricks. Ask me anything.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Right. I'm saying on the same on the same token, doing the aforementioned electronics/ dressing room bit as a couple should have a better ratio of success as opposed to a solo venture.
    Originally posted by mmQ Right. I'm saying on the same on the same token, doing the aforementioned electronics/ dressing room bit as a couple should have a better ratio of success as opposed to a solo venture.

Dressing rooms are pretty good, but in my opinion it's just wasting time and exposing yourself more for no significant gain. The key is get in and out of the store as quickly as possible without drawing undue attention. Dinking around in the changing booths won't change anything if LP is already locked onto the high value piece of merch. He will know you have it wherever you go.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Ok so for example, in a standard store like let's say Target, how many LPOs are on the floor and how many are watching cameras? What amount of detail in regard to camera watching is emphasized on the different areas of the store, ie electronics, sporting goods, clothing, etc?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Are there any areas that barely get watched at all, like shoes or something? How easy would it be for a person to try on some nice shoes, put the shitty ones in the box, and leave?
    The old leave-with-new-shoes/old-shoes-in-the-box trick doesn't usually work so well. You have about a 50/50 chance of getting nailed. With that one, it all depends on how you look, how you come across, how you dress, etc, and LP can tell from that whether you are worth wasting any time on. Again, if you're trying on shoes and intend to take them, you are just wasting time and creating further exposure. Theoretically, it would be better to simply put the shoes directly into a cart, wheel the cart to a blind spot and bag the entire box, and then pick up the bag and walk out with it. The best blind spots would consist of the shipping area in back after 6pm or just after the store opens... whoops, I was just looking for a clerk in there to ask a question (if stopped).. or the books/magazines section, or the pottery/housewares section, or the garden center section, or the automotive section.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    And my previous question? I'm way more curious about that one.
Jump to Top