User Controls

The strange circumstances surrounding the murder of Jonbenét Ramsey

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    In the winter of 1996 in her family home in Boulder, Colorado, little Jonbenét Ramsey was murdered at the age of 6. She had been reported missing not 8 hours before she was found by her father in the basement of the home. Or so the girl's parents told police when they were questioned. At the scene was also found what appeared to be a ransom note, that had quite some oddities about it, in and of itself which i will get into in a little bit.

It was evident by the state of Jonbenét's body that she had suffered major head trauma, to the extent of it crushing her skull. Furthermore upon inspection she still had a ligature around her neck, her wrists, tying them together and her mouth had been covered with duct-tape. The medical examiner would later conclude that the head wound and strangulation both contributed to her death. It is important to take into consideration that the responding officer would write in his report, that the scene of death had looked staged in his opinion.

Now, it is unclear to me whether the responding officer was a homicide detective or Bob the traffic patrol man, either way... But when a body/death scene is staged, it is generally not to cover the nature or the circumstances of the crime up. Rather it's usually attributed to an underlying psychological need the offender has. The driver behind such behavior can be either pathological, a compulsion someone has to do something with the body afterward. Or it can be an indicator of remorse, depending on how exactly the scene is staged. I'm kind of going off on a tangent here but bear with me. The way i understand in which the body was found, was as if she had been murdered on the spot and someone had left in a hurry, since they forgot to take some important evidence with them, least of all the ligatures.

However, besides the violent nature of the scene, her body was covered with a blanket as well. So either, this offender took the time to break into the house, where there was no initial sign of a break in i might add, get Jonbenét to the basement, proceeded to murder her by first tying her up, then strangling her and then to top it all off literally bashing her skull in, which was overkill. But then, after she expires, he is in such a hurry to get out that the fastest way of concealing the body even for a little bit is to put a blanket over, or after all the violence, the offender suddenly can't bear to look upon his handiwork? Now IDK the significance of the blanket, but something isn't right with this picture.

Now, remember the ransom note? Here's where things get stranger. It was very long for a ransom note, more than two pages, and take a look at how it starts off.

Listen carefully! We are a group of individuals that represent a small foreign faction.

bussiness [sic] but not the country that it serves. At this time we have your daughter in our posession. She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must follow our instructions to the letter.

You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank

Oddly specific and it goes on like that for a while, and i think it is safe to assume that this "evidence" is meant to throw us off track. What's more, i read somewhere that the "$118,000.00" number was the exact amount of money the father was getting paid for that year's bonus. But i have no way of confirming whether it was true or not. Still interesting.

If we grant that the ransom note was planted then it doesn't seem far-fetched that the positioning of the body, post-mortem, could indeed in this case be for the purposes of masking the events that had transpired. Also, think about it, Jonbenét is reported missing. Yet it would take her parents 8 hours to realize that she was laying lifeless in the basement? u Wot m8?

It didn't help alleviate suspicions that when the police turned up the heat they immediately lawyerd up. Well that's it then right? Case closed. Daddy lost his temper, bashed his little girl's skull in and went to great lengths to point every finger away from himself. The mother, would obviously be complicit.

Yeah, you'd think that, until when in December of 2003 trace evidence from the victim's underwear was analyzed and it was determined that the DNA present there neither belonged to the father, the mother or the brother. What does that mean? Well it means that no matter what happened, we cannot definitively rule out the possibility of there being a third party outside of the family involved in the death of Jonbenét.

It's a real whodunnit, and in fairness the police during the course of the investigation had developed what appeared to be evidence of a break-in. But the details, again are fuzzy at best. Perhaps you find these statistics more compelling. Over a hundred burglaries in the Ramseys' neighborhood took place in the months leading up to JonBenét's murder. And there were no less than 38 registered sex offenders living in a three mile radius around her. Not only that, she was a little beauty queen, and her mom would often take her out to pageants before this whole tragedy.

So the question remains, who on that winter night so many years ago, murdered little Jonbenét Ramsey? What do you think?

We may never know. Join me next time, on Murder Mysteries with Sophie.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Cliffnotes

The brother did it.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Cliffnotes

The brother did it.

If i am going to put effort into writing a thread i don't wanna include cliff notes, and maybe but he would have been 9 at the time, think he would have been capable of that at that age, or parts of it?
    Originally posted by Sophie If i am going to put effort into writing a thread i don't wanna include cliff notes, and maybe but he would have been 9 at the time, think he would have been capable of that at that age, or parts of it?

Mary Flora Bell (born 26 May 1957) is an English woman who, as a child aged 10–11 in 1968, strangled to death two young boys in Scotswood, an inner-city suburb in the West End district of Newcastle upon Tyne. She was convicted in December 1968 of the manslaughter of Martin Brown (aged 4) and Brian Howe (aged 3).
    STPOPP READING THIS!!! the dirty jobes sandler went out and chopped his neighbor's dad into deli slices via tomato knife. A tomato knife is a genuine cooking utencil from italy only available on food network. I got mine last week and LOVE it. Anyway the DiRTy JOnEs SAndLer comes out at night in look of people who brush their teeth sometimes. DO NOT forget to rep8ste this or the dirtt joones sandlot will come to yur house tonight and sleep in yoyr bed!!!
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Mary Flora Bell (born 26 May 1957) is an English woman who, as a child aged 10–11 in 1968, strangled to death two young boys in Scotswood, an inner-city suburb in the West End district of Newcastle upon Tyne. She was convicted in December 1968 of the manslaughter of Martin Brown (aged 4) and Brian Howe (aged 3).

You don't have to convince me, i believe some kids are mentally and physically capable of murder. I was merely asking the question for conversation's sake.

I should be a crime-writer.
    Yes there have been plenty of children who murdered. Go to Central America or parts of Africa...they give them AK47s there to do it.
    Originally posted by DietPiano STPOPP READING THIS!!

I really did try to put effort into writing this you know. For your murder mystery enjoyment. Don't stab me bro.
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    She also had a heart drawn on her hand, and undigested pineapple (her favorite) in her stomach.
    Originally posted by DontTellEm She also had a heart drawn on her hand, and undigested pineapple (her favorite) in her stomach.

I remember that, the pineapple part.
    threads useless without picts.

The DNA evidence is likely just contamination, like how one worker in a factory that made swab kits was implicated in crimes all across Europe.

Family did it.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny threads useless without picts.

Good point, but the thread wasn't meant as a lolis of ages past fapfest. But i hardly blame you if you mistook it for that. Pictures are great and all and she really is beautiful, but it's still pretty fucking sad she didn't live to see life past 6yo.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING 2.0 - The GMO Reckoning The DNA evidence is likely just contamination, like how one worker in a factory that made swab kits was implicated in crimes all across Europe.

Family did it.

I'm inclined to believe so as well. It would have been a lot easier for a third party to get her out of the house and then proceed to do whatever, than to stick around and risk getting caught red-handed, quite literally i might add.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Good thread but I wish you would have gotten to the point faster. I'll never leave my house again to avoid getting falsely accused of a crime.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    nk?
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    ter
    Originally posted by Sophie Good point, but the thread wasn't meant as a lolis of ages past fapfest. But i hardly blame you if you mistook it for that. Pictures are great and all and she really is beautiful, but it's still pretty fucking sad she didn't live to see life past 6yo.

the reason i included a pict of her is to act as a reminder that we are not talking and speculating about a cat or a car here.

she was actually a person, once alive and was born to a set of parents.
    Originally posted by RisiR † Good thread but I wish you would have gotten to the point faster. I'll never leave my house again to avoid getting falsely accused of a crime.

Thank you. When i was writing, it just came out in a sort of stream of thought, with the occasional google thrown in to see if i got my facts straight.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Fuck off, Doug. Nobody cares about what you think about anything. You're literally retarded and a nigger.
Jump to Top