User Controls

You know how we spend ungodly amounts of time on the internet?

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Yeah. What do you even do on the internet? If you're honest fam. Do you just shitpost on forums? Watch youtube videos? What kind of youtube videos do you watch? You probably should do something more useful with the time you spend on the internet. For instance, learning how to code is pretty do-able on your own, you can download ebooks, go to forums much like this one and actually learn something useful. Wouldn't it be cool you could code something nice? And it works? Also, don't mind me just shilling for computer science, and your fucking future. Because developers are in high demand, just the other day i was reading about an Italian company that offered to relocate developers and their family to Italy, with a massive salary and two hour lunch breaks. Wew lad, eat pasta and pizza all day and when you're off shout BELLA BELLA to all the pretty Italian girls, like the locals, because when in Rome do as the Romans do.

But anyway, this thread is pretty serious actually. In general i try to spread my free time evenly between 50% entertainment and 50% learning and figuring out how shit works, because why wouldn't you? We have all of humanity's collective knowledge at our finger tips let's do something with it for fuck's sake.
    I could learn it but I'd never be able to get past low-level skill. If I had a knack for computer-programming then I would. If I could master any skills I'd pick that, chemistry, or something like auto mechanic.
    I could learn it but I'd never be able to get past low-level skill. If I had a knack for computer-programming then I would. If I could master any skills I'd pick that, chemistry, or something like auto mechanic.

Isn't there a particular skill that you would be very interested in learning? You could do it you know, you have all the time in the world.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Not everyone has the same level of genetic cognitive ability.
    Not everyone has the same level of genetic cognitive ability.

I pity the fool who doesn't have my level of genetic cognitive ability. But all self-congratulation aside, i think even if someone has lower innate intelligence i am sure that, with enough time, even they can pick up a relatively complex skill.
    No, a concise definition for intelligence is "the ability to deal with complexity". You should give in mind various social factors, such as people clustering with those that are similar to them, and cognitive biases, like mind bias, curse of knowledge, flaws in theory of mind.

Many people don't have a proper grasp of just how dumb average is and why people are the way they are. The average 4 year university graduate has an IQ about a standard deviation above the mean, and they still tend to be fucking morons (think r/politics). The problem is how low the bar is set, the sad state of humanity.

Unfortunately most people are just hopeless with our current level of technology, good for not much more than grunt work, tending turnip fields or whatever it is the commoners do.
    Sure but wouldn't you say that if you explain a certain process, or method or what have you to someone in a lot of simple steps that you reduce the complexity? Making it possible for the person to learn what you are talking about? Also, i do tend to think most people on here are above averagely intelligent.
    That reminds me of a study conducted on savants or child prodigies, something along those lines. They found that the common defining factor was a working memory in the 99 percentiles, the amount of data you’re able to store and manipulate. Other findings suggested it was a form of, in their words, “moderated autism”. I found this while researching working memory and intelligence/genius; related to the substance PRL-8-53.

Think of an advanced problem in the STEM subjects, such as mathematics, sometimes you can’t split things further, simplify them. Of course you can’t split advanced equations in half and have two people solve them, then combine their answers to get the response and have each of them fully understand it. It has to be contained within a single mind. That is where the importance of and limits of human intelligence are truly illuminated. Psychometric thresholds.
    I play video games. I want to make video games. I also like drugs and watching cute girls on YouTube. What else is there to do?
    I play video games. I want to make video games. I also like drugs and watching cute girls on YouTube. What else is there to do?

For you i would say, learn about space (n_n").
    Also;

Think of an advanced problem in the STEM subjects, such as mathematics, sometimes you can’t split things further, simplify them. Of course you can’t split advanced equations in half and have two people solve them, then combine their answers to get the response and have each of them fully understand it. It has to be contained within a single mind. That is where the importance of and limits of human intelligence are truly illuminated. Psychometric thresholds.

Yes, but you don't start off in school with fluid mechanics, you first learn algebra and calculus and what have you. All in order to build a foundation up to the more advanced types of math. This is what i mean when i say a less intelligent person should just split the study material up into a bunch of less complex problems to learn the methodology and logic behind it all in order to move on to more difficult topics within the same field of study.
    For you i would say, learn about space (n_n").

I want to be an astronaut like elon musk
    what code should I be learning?
    Yes, but you don't start off in school with fluid mechanics, you first learn algebra and calculus and what have you. All in order to build a foundation up to the more advanced types of math. This is what i mean when i say a less intelligent person should just split the study material up into a bunch of less complex problems to learn the methodology and logic behind it all in order to move on to more difficult topics within the same field of study.

And many people reach limits along the way, they find they cannot advance and aren't suited.
    what code should I be learning?

That depends on a number of factors but if you want to pick one that will land you the highest paying job, Java, Python and Objective-C seem to be good choices. http://www.techworm.net/2016/06/15-highest-paying-programming-languages-2016.html

Also i am not necessarily saying you should learn to code. It's a useful and fun skill to have no doubt. But you could basically learn anything you want if you devote some time to it on the internet.

And many people reach limits along the way, they find they cannot advance and aren't suited.

I am sure you're right and some people have this. But i generally tend to find that if i put my mind to learning something i can pretty much pull it enough given enough time.
    Endotcom Yung Blood
    I usually play counterstrike 1.6
    I also use the internet to share photos on videos on snapchat, as well as facebook and sometimes instagram
    I usually play counterstrike 1.6
    I also use the internet to share photos on videos on snapchat, as well as facebook and sometimes instagram

What are you, sixteen?
    Ungodly certianly describes the amount of time I spend on the internet. Here is a handy chart for your reference

Dank chart :)
    >no vidya games
Jump to Top