User Controls

how to save on fuel expenses...

WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    I try to take notice of what the average running price is at all gas stations and whenever I see it drop significantly...i purchase gas. I tend to think I'm saving money this way... however I'm usually driving around with at least a half tank of gas. You get better gas mileage, the less gas you have in your vehicle...because there is less overall weight on the road. Do you folks believe that rarely letting my fuel supply get below a half tank will nullify my perceived savings?
    stare rape African Astronaut (banned)
    OCD prevents me from letting my car get below a half tank of gas

If you want to save on gas, get a small displacement motorcycle

My Ninja gets 60 MPG and that's with my fat ass and somewhat overaggressive riding

If you're willing to ride one of those 150cc scooters they get almost 100 MPG while still being able to keep up with most city traffic
    Originally posted by stare rape OCD prevents me from letting my car get below a half tank of gas

If you want to save on gas, get a small displacement motorcycle

My Ninja gets 60 MPG and that's with my fat ass and somewhat overaggressive riding

If you're willing to ride one of those 150cc scooters they get almost 100 MPG while still being able to keep up with most city traffic

I want you to answer my fucking question, you attention deficit disordered bastard.
    steal the gas.

or maybe just use quality fuel and keep to low rpms.
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian steal the gas.

or maybe just use quality fuel and keep to low rpms.

shut the fuck up, ya simpleton. Good thing the world's not counting on you to do anything more than dig ditches... you mental midget.
    Originally posted by WellHung I want you to answer my fucking question, you attention deficit disordered bastard.

If you're saving any money doing that, it's only pennies.

A gallon of gasoline weighs about six pounds. If your tank is 18 gallons, the difference in weight between a half tank and a full tank is about 63 pounds. It takes a negligible amount of extra fuel to carry that weight.

You're probably burning up your savings just by going to the gas station twice as often, plus whatever drinks and snacks and other bullshit you buy while inside

Edit: meant half/full TANK, not gallon. Say no to drugs kiddies
    I don't sweat the small stuff...my car shows a "range" on the display...when it gets down to about 50 miles I fill it up. I drive a lot so fill up 2 - 3 times a week.

I've thought about moving closer to work as a more economical solution than worrying about the price of gas...my daily commute is 80 miles or so...and then the usual running around on top of that (which in Houston which is very spread out can involve driving 20 miles just to go to a certain store etc).

I spend about $250-$350 on gas a month...then another $80 or so on toll road fees.

So if I moved say to 5 miles from work...that would be quite a saving.
    Damn, fuck that shit

I spend about 60 a month on gas and I thought that was too much
    Originally posted by WellHung shut the fuck up, ya simpleton. Good thing the world's not counting on you to do anything more than dig ditches… you mental midget.

Fuck you, nigger. I bet you get your cheap gas from 7/11.
    Originally posted by stare rape If you're saving any money doing that, it's only pennies.

A gallon of gasoline weighs about six pounds. If your tank is 18 gallons, the difference in weight between a half gallon and a full gallon is about 63 pounds. It takes a negligible amount of extra fuel to carry that weight.

You're probably burning up your savings just by going to the gas station twice as often, plus whatever drinks and snacks and other bullshit you buy while inside

How dare you make assumptions that I succumb to impulse buys at the gas station. I pay at the pump motherfuker and I get the hell out of there. Instead of helping me.... you r complicating the situation by introducing additional non relevant variables. You disappoint me son.
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian Fuck you, nigger. I bet you get your cheap gas from 7/11.

never.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I don't sweat the small stuff…my car shows a "range" on the display…when it gets down to about 50 miles I fill it up. I drive a lot so fill up 2 - 3 times a week.

I've thought about moving closer to work as a more economical solution than worrying about the price of gas…my daily commute is 80 miles or so…and then the usual running around on top of that (which in Houston which is very spread out can involve driving 20 miles just to go to a certain store etc).

I spend about $250-$350 on gas a month…then another $80 or so on toll road fees.

So if I moved say to 5 miles from work…that would be quite a saving.

Thanks for the clear well-articulated helpful response father.
    Not to mention the saving on car maintenance by moving closer, those savings could then be redirected to more important things, such as Asian Spa visits etc .
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    I buy almost all of my gas at Sam's Club.

It is oftentimes 30 cents or more cheaper per gallon.

If only Aldi's sold gas, right, Boo?
    Aldi does sell gas in Austria.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    I dont know why u r so ibssessed with aldi it looks like a tiny store with not too many choices.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    It just gives me gas here in 'Merica.
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    Originally posted by WellHung How dare you make assumptions that I succumb to impulse buys at the gas station. I pay at the pump motherfuker and I get the hell out of there. Instead of helping me…. you r complicating the situation by introducing additional non relevant variables. You disappoint me son.

Get a card that pays 5% cash back on fuel purchases.

If gas is over $2.00 a gallon your saving a little.

Sam's card is one. Only drawback is your have to wait to get your rebate. They pay out only once per year.

I let the membership expire but still use the card just for gas.

I get back about $250 on average.
    Originally posted by stl1 It just gives me gas here in 'Merica.

Then maybe you should move to Austria
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Originally posted by tee hee hee I dont know why u r so ibssessed with aldi it looks like a tiny store with not too many choices.

We're both cheap bastards.

Send nekkid pics!
Jump to Top