User Controls

smeels like jeeff huntir

A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]

some1 smart pls explain this cuz this seems preety fishy to SWIM
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Maybe if u would have put ur thread in the Help & Suggestions forum someone could've helped u.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Originally posted by DontTellEm Maybe if u would have put ur thread in the Help & Suggestions forum someone could've helped u.

hmm I can't remember which forum it was but gayass Laℵℵy don'tsnt like me to post in one of those first forums in the list so i think i just try to not go to the first 3 or 4 too much.

total laℵℵy move lol
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    interesting

try running tracert -w 1000 8.8.8.8 and paste the output, or just pm it to me if you're worried about personal info

also, what are the first two parts of the IP address websites are showing you have (ie. [255.255].255.255)?

if you're using a 4g/etc. connection they tend to do a lot of weird shit in terms of routing and proxying
    It's the feds they're on to you leave town now.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Since ISPs were running out of IPv4 address, the Department of Defense loaned out a whack of their IP addresses to be used strictly on their internal systems (non-public facing). That's why the first hop in the trace is the DoD. It's not really the DoD on them, though. However, if the ISP were to expose those IPs to the public, the DoD could hijack all that traffic by reclaiming them. What a coincidence!!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    no, it doesn't show up on the tracert, only appears to be the modem reporting that IP for some reason. it's possible it's misreporting, but given that tracert does not report any hops at all between him and google or NIS, seems like something strange is going on in terms of how the ISP has routing configured.

do you have a source for the DoD allowing others to use IPs from their pool?
    Originally posted by aldra …do you have a source for the DoD allowing others to use IPs from their pool?

https://blog.erratasec.com/2013/12/dod-address-space-its-not-conspiracy.html#.W456aNQrJkg
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by -SpectraL https://blog.erratasec.com/2013/12/dod-address-space-its-not-conspiracy.html#.W456aNQrJkg

interesting, so this is possibly what happened.

You have your standard external IP address, but you've also got an IP address in the 28/8 range that the ISP uses as a 'private' network (it's officially assigned to DNIC but they've leased the addresses out to ISPs because they don't need them) - this is probably so that you can access data from them independent of the internet, ie. being able to check your data usage and plan details even if your access to the internet has been blocked.

TL;DR: It's likely nothing to be worried about.
    See? I'm not really as stupid as I'd like you to believe, am I? ;)
    esbity African Astronaut
    I have an app on my phone that checks all connections and does a whois on them. Shit loads are DOD but its just routing like SpectraL said.

Hopefully.
Jump to Top