User Controls

Linux users are mentally ill

PrettyHateMachine African Astronaut
    http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/184124341
    dudez_0 Yung Blood
    You must be quite mentally ill yourself for 1. linking to /pol/, and 2. using a botnet as your main OS; really shows where you're at intellectually.
    I'm using ubuntu 18.04 and it's perfect for an everyday OS, I'm loving it!

You can keep on enjoying your personal data being sold ;)
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    >thread with hundreds of posts about fake vaginas
    >no technical discussion, lots of complaining about politics, zero forks

In the trash it goes!
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    i agree with OP. all the linx people are like ohhh yeah just use open office and some shitty "wine" program to use all ur favorite apps ( actually good versions of software that you know and love )
    HTS highlight reel
    "Taking open sores to new levels" is the best post in that thread, no debate.
    dudez_0 Yung Blood
    Originally posted by A College Professor i agree with OP. all the linx people are like ohhh yeah just use open office and some shitty "wine" program to use all ur favorite apps ( actually good versions of software that you know and love )
    We're just advocating open source alternatives that respect your privacy rather than a big corporation who only cares about money and not about you. If you choose to ignore that, that's up to you. What apps do you use on your OS that are unable to use on any linux distribution?
    dudez_0 Yung Blood
    Originally posted by HTS "Taking open sores to new levels" is the best post in that thread, no debate.

Shouldn't it be; "Taking open soros to new levels" perhaps ;)
    old MFC applications ( games ). also I have a vr HMD , i haven't looked into using it on linx cause i consider linx rubbish already. but all i know is configuring anything slightly out of the total mainstream becomes a grueling process in linx, better be ready to write essays on one of their fanboy messageboards and write in a soothing way to crotchety old men so they will help u. its like linx try to have a desktop as windows does but then you spend all ur time drudging thru commandline stuff and editing textfiles like ur in msdos mode all day just to get your mouse to work.

meanwhile ur using a thumbdrive to move drivers back and forth from a real machine ( Microsoft Windows) until you get the network card working 3 days later oh but ur probably gonna need to reformat the thumbdrive into a shitty antiquated file system if you want it to work on linx, otherwise drag out the cd drive and some blank discs. hope it's not a usb drive tho or ur gonna need a diskette to put the drivers on the linx machine.
    dudez_0 Yung Blood
    Originally posted by A College Professor old MFC applications ( games ). also I have a vr HMD , i haven't looked into using it on linx cause i consider it rubbish already. but all i know is configuring anything slightly out of the total mainstream becomes a grueling process in linux, better be ready to write essays on one of their fanboy messageboards. its like they try to have a desktop as windows does but then you spend all ur time drudging thru commandline stuff and editing textfiles like ur in msdos mode all day to get your mouse to work.

By your perception of linux you're clearly not properly informed. There are a lot of different linux distro, arch kinda suites your description. Ubuntu is very similar to windows when it comes to being user-friendly and GUI interfaces. You never have to use the command line in ubuntu if you don't want to. Why don't you just try it our for one day, it can't hurt that much can it?
    i tried ubungu bout.. 13yrs ago because I learned that they will MAIL YOU FREE OF CHARGE cd discs with the os because like, open source man!

which was cool but then i literally had to manually tweak config files to get an old mouse to work. then the network adapter and so on
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by A College Professor but all i know is configuring anything slightly out of the total mainstream becomes a grueling process in linx, better be ready to write essays on one of their fanboy messageboards and write in a soothing way to crotchety old men so they will help u. its like linx try to have a desktop as windows does but then you spend all ur time drudging thru commandline stuff and editing textfiles like ur in msdos mode all day just to get your mouse to work.

You wouldn't have these problems if you weren't a scrub
    dudez_0 Yung Blood
    Originally posted by A College Professor i tried ubungu bout.. 13yrs ago because I learned that they will MAIL YOU FREE OF CHARGE cd discs with the os because like, open source man!

which was cool but then i literally had to manually tweak config files to get an old mouse to work. then the network adapter and so on

Well, 13 years ago... things change pretty fast you know. why don't you try to just run a fresh distro of ubuntu 18.04 and try using it for a week or so and tell me how it went, all it'll give you is experience, so i don't see why not :)
    PrettyHateMachine African Astronaut
    Originally posted by A College Professor i tried ubungu bout.. 13yrs ago because I learned that they will MAIL YOU FREE OF CHARGE cd discs with the os because like, open source man!

lol I got those back in 03/04 and ordered like 100 then would hand them out to random people I came across
    Originally posted by Lanny You wouldn't have these problems if you weren't a scrub

typical linx attitude. windows all you have to do is type in the product key and pick ur network. linx is either professionally modified/tuned for a specific hardware set and polished for such by professionals to make it where any normal person would want to use it.. or it's like having a project car, fine as a hobby but most people can't afford the time to make it something reliable/functional for normal use. but thats okay because its fun to work on stuff and learn about it.

me personally ill stick to microsoft windows for desktops and lappys
    dudez_0 Yung Blood
    Originally posted by A College Professor typical linx attitude. windows all you have to do is type in the product key and pick ur network. linx is either professionally modified/tuned for a specific hardware set and polished for such by professionals to make it where any normal person would want to use it.. or it's like having a project car, fine as a hobby but most people can't afford the time to make it something reliable/functional for normal use. but thats okay because its fun to work on stuff and learn about it.

me personally ill stick to microsoft windows for desktops and lappys

Now you're just being a fucking retard and choosing to ignore my answers, in ubuntu you'll be connected to wifi in no-time. You clearly can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that there are different, i repeat different linux distros for different purpouses. Just try ubuntu 18.04 already and see what it's really about since you're just making yourself look like a fool now.
    Originally posted by dudez_0 Well, 13 years ago… things change pretty fast you know. why don't you try to just run a fresh distro of ubuntu 18.04 and try using it for a week or so and tell me how it went, all it'll give you is experience, so i don't see why not :)

well if you say so. but then i need to lrn to image my disc and partition it and get some kind of bootloader thing and then try to put my windows install back on one of the partition and hope it didn't break. or if they still do live CDs i can use it for throwaway sessions????????

---
    edit: omg wtf im not ignoring you im just telling lil sporty like it is cause hes being a crochety linx shill. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE I WAS GETTING TO IT
    dudez_0 Yung Blood
    Originally posted by A College Professor well if you say so. but then i need to lrn to image my disc and partition it and get some kind of bootloader thing and then try to put my windows install back on one of the partition and hope it didn't break. or if they still do live CDs i can use it for throwaway sessions????????

Yup, you can run a live CD or a live USB, it says all about it on their website. You can just watch any youtube tutorial that'll show you how to use a live version of ubuntu on your USB. Best o'luck
    dudez_0 Yung Blood
    Originally posted by A College Professor well if you say so. but then i need to lrn to image my disc and partition it and get some kind of bootloader thing and then try to put my windows install back on one of the partition and hope it didn't break. or if they still do live CDs i can use it for throwaway sessions????????

edit: omg wtf im not ignoring you im just telling lil sporty like it is cause hes being a crochety linx shill. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE I WAS GETTING TO IT
    Yeah sorry, I got a little upset there :/, my bad. Anyways here's a simple tutorial you can follow: https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#0
    Originally posted by dudez_0 Now you're just being a fucking retard and choosing to ignore my answers, in ubuntu you'll be connected to wifi in no-time. You clearly can't seem to wrap your head around the fact that there are different, i repeat different linux distros for different purpouses. Just try ubuntu 18.04 already and see what it's really about since you're just making yourself look like a fool now.

actually i heard linx don't support one of the major wifi chipmakers so good luck if you have it. basically if you have a usb one then good luck to you. i think they don't like atheros over at linx but my memory is froggy. now adays my lappy has a intel centrino so hopefully thats okay on newbuntu
    dudez_0 Yung Blood
    Originally posted by A College Professor actually i heard linx don't support one of the major wifi chipmakers so good luck if you have it. basically if you have a usb one then good luck to you. i think they don't like atheros over at linx but my memory is froggy. now adays my lappy has a intel centrino so hopefully thats okay on newbuntu

I'm not sure regarding that matter, you'll have to see for yourself :)
Jump to Top