User Controls

Local drunk decides to end daylight savings time

The European Commission will recommend EU member states abolish daylight saving, where clocks are advanced by one hour in summer, its president Jean-Claude Juncker has said.

"We carried out a survey, millions responded and believe that in future, summer time should be year-round, and that's what will happen," he told public broadcaster ZDF, adding that the European Commission planned to decide on the matter later today.

"I will recommend to the commission that, if you ask the citizens, then you have to do what the citizens say," Mr Juncker said.

An online poll suggested that more than 80% of Europeans were against the annual ritual of adjusting clocks forward by one hour in the spring and then back an hour in the autumn, a practice used across most of Europe and North America.

https://www.rte.ie/news/europe/2018/0831/990719-daylight-saving-time/
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    I fucking hate it.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    DST is a pain in my ass and it's one more bizarre illogical item in the absolute clusterfuck that is the human convention of time.

I say take it one step further: abolish synchronized timezones. Simultaneity is an illusion, a physically incoherent idea. Instead we should measure time by cryptographically verifiable lamport clocks. Cast off your shackles of your weak human nervous system, transcend samsara, embrace the inherent asynchronicity of the physical world!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Studies have found that DST contributes to improved road safety by reducing pedestrian fatalities by 13% during dawn and dusk hours.

Another study found a 7% decrease in robberies following the spring shift to DST.
    Ensign Galm African Astronaut [specifically erupt this tetrachloromethane]
    Originally posted by Lanny DST is a pain in my ass and it's one more bizarre illogical item in the absolute clusterfuck that is the human convention of time.

I say take it one step further: abolish synchronized timezones. Simultaneity is an illusion, a physically incoherent idea. Instead we should measure time by cryptographically verifiable lamport clocks. Cast off your shackles of your weak human nervous system, transcend samsara, embrace the inherent asynchronicity of the physical world!

Malice?
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Boo, where exactly will I be able to spot you walking along the road, just in case I would decide to "accidentally" veer at that point?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    lulz, local drunk
    Originally posted by stl1 Boo, where exactly will I be able to spot you walking along the road, just in case I would decide to "accidentally" veer at that point?

I don't, I'm not a poor person.
    Timzons feel great when you get back from a plane ride and you get that feeling that you can only get at 2am at the airport during a layover

Everyone is connected and on the same boat during that moment and it is beautiful
Jump to Top