User Controls

Evolution and Modern man

Madman African Astronaut
    Evolution being random genetic mutation and over time these mutations creating organisms that fit their niche in the environment best. Since the beginning that environment was mother nature who was harsh but fair. For some time now mother nature has not controlled our environment and man has been the creator. Mother nature is responsible for this amazing biological hardware that is all life on earth but now man in general but even more so the powers that be have been creating that environment. Is there any kind of plan for this environment, is there an architect? I see modern man not looking past financial quarters and not taking responsibility for our environment which is responsible for how we will continue to evolve. Is modern man capable of taking our evolution in our own hands and creating environments which leads to the best possible outcome? This is definitely not what I see now and I have little faith that we will be guided towards what is best for humanity. I see the people that seek power in our society as sadists that get off to having power and using however they like. I don't see the most qualified leaders taking that role in our society. The most qualified people would get off to other things besides power so the role would be a burden for them. I think sadism and selfishness is rewarded and man is not qualified to be the creator of his environment. Was mother nature ever qualified? She had eons to do what she did, what will the world look like once man has had the same amount of time. Is the environment we create a healthy one that will be the best for humanity as a whole or will we crash and burn because we are too stupid to look to the long term?

One note, I hate the term "survival of the fittest" and I don't think it was a term that darwin actually used although I might be wrong. I think a lot of people see it as "survival of the most badass" which is not the case at all and if it was was humans would never have existed and dinosaurs would still be king. Survival of the fittest can literally mean the best at hiding and eventually it will mean the best at surviving an apocalyptic event which is what our mammalian ancestors did.
Jump to Top