User Controls

The merchant of venice

Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    How many of you anti semitic fucks have actually read it? My foreskin is at least a pound of flesh and if you tickle me I might prematurely ejaculate

Itt we discuss the works of William Shakespeare. My favorites are Macbeth, hamlet and Titus androgynously gender fluid
    Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    Reading Shakespeare is sorta lame, but it's hard to find the plays performed.

I really enjoyed a Midsummer's Night Dream once, and I studied King Lear for school, never seen it performed tho.

Does the merchant in the merchant of venice echo?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Yeah, I never read a Shakespeare play that I can honestly say I enjoyed enough to read if it weren't a Shakespeare play.

I thought the film adaptation of Merchant of Venice with Jeremy Irons was enjoyable.

Macbeth had murder and witches and shit so that was kinda cool I guess
    Originally posted by Lanny Yeah, I never read a Shakespeare play that I can honestly say I enjoyed enough to read if it weren't a Shakespeare play.

I thought the film adaptation of Merchant of Venice with Jeremy Irons was enjoyable.

Macbeth had murder and witches and shit so that was kinda cool I guess

I liked Shakespeare as a kid but didn't want to admit it. As I've grown older I've learned to appreciate the incredible universality he was able to convey. 12th night was transcendent as it featured (there were all male actors at the time) a male actor playing a woman disguised as a man then having to prove it. I even like the John leguizamo and Leonardo dicap Romeo and Juliet because yes I am THAT gay.

Shakespeare is one of those things some people find boring either because they're stupid or because it's been so absorbed into culture it seems redundant. It's like watching the "are you talking to me?" Scene from taxi driver and yawning because everything else has ripped it off

Also, Mel Gibson in Hamlet was actually extremely good. I bet he wanted to play shylock

I should see the film adaptation of the merchant
    I've only read R&J and Hamlet, both in high school. I thought Hamlet was alright, but I don't recall some of it towards the end.

I saw a ballet of Midsummer Night's Dream on Broadway on a band trip as a freshman. I really enjoyed it, although there was no spoken story and very little figurative story either except immediately before and after the intermission.

Not that that's a detraction. It's supposed to be the gayest [archaically] play still showing, so naturally it has more kicks and less story than other plays.

We also went to Stomp, which was rapturous, and Phantom of the Opera, which I slept through.
    Baz Luhrman’s Romeo + Juliet was so good back in the day.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    OOOOOOOOOhhhh my gosh I'm just gonna put this out there and I know I'll probably regret it later ( πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ )but is there anyone else that can't hardly understand all that dry ass old english BS "heretofore, hath went and gone" schmucktalk them guys used to babble in?
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by ohfralala Baz Luhrman’s Romeo + Juliet was so good back in the day.

I want to rape u, fat girl.
    Originally posted by A College Professor OOOOOOOOOhhhh my gosh I'm just gonna put this out there and I know I'll probably regret it later ( πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ )but is there anyone else that can't hardly understand all that dry ass old english BS "heretofore, hath went and gone" schmucktalk them guys used to babble in?

It takes a second but you can understand it if you actually think of what's trying to convey. You can get Shakespeare books with modern cliff notes type things. Shakespeare uses metaphors and similes seamlessly which makes it harder to understand which is why it's used in English classes so often do to the many layers yet the direct momentum of the dialogue
    If you can't tell I'm kinda trashy so I don't have many people to talk about Shakespeare with
    Originally posted by A College Professor OOOOOOOOOhhhh my gosh I'm just gonna put this out there and I know I'll probably regret it later ( πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ )but is there anyone else that can't hardly understand all that dry ass old english BS "heretofore, hath went and gone" schmucktalk them guys used to babble in?

Wot

(not that I know what that word MEANS)
    Originally posted by Sudo Shakespeare uses metaphors and similes seamlessly

But does it use SMILIES?!?!?!?!!?!?!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sudo It takes a second but you can understand it if you actually think of what's trying to convey. You can get Shakespeare books with modern cliff notes type things. Shakespeare uses metaphors and similes seamlessly which makes it harder to understand which is why it's used in English classes so often do to the many layers yet the direct momentum of the dialogue

Shakespeare *used*...the dude is dead. And has been for a long time now...
    Originally posted by DietPiano But does it use SMILIES?!?!?!?!!?!?!

It auto corrected to smilies lol
    Originally posted by WellHung Shakespeare *used*…the dude is dead. And has been for a long time now…

R u a wizrd
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Shakespeare is the code-name for one of Jeff Hunter's six uncharted islands. John McAfee currently lives there as one of Hunter's prisoner puppets.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by A College Professor Shakespeare is the code-name for one of Jeff Hunter's six uncharted islands. John McAfee currently lives there as one of Hunter's prisoner puppets.

+1 for John McAfee reference
Jump to Top