User Controls

About NIS

Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    Welcome to niggasin.space. This place is ostensibly a backwaters forum where no topic which can be legally discussed is off limits. In practice, because of overlap in territory with other internet outlets, discussion is largely centered around fringe topics and miscellaneous bullshitting. That's pretty much the heart of it, although there's something of a story behind this place. To fully contextualize what exactly this thing is you have to understand:

The Curious Case of TOTSE

TOTSE (sometimes &T), an acronym for "Temple of the Screaming Electron", was a dialup BBS and repository of text files started in the late 80s. You can read the wikipedia article for the just-the-facts version of this account. The text files it hosted covered a wide range of subjects, many of them objectionable to the prevailing sensibilities of the time. Some were detailed technical articles on exploiting phone or computer systems of the era, some were on the manufacture of drugs. As many were plainly false or posted for comedic effect (a fact not always understood by readers) as were legitimate but ultimately very little content was turned away.

The freedom of expression and "forbidden" content attracted a particular collection of people who participated on the BBS. The community was very large by the standards of the day, and had a lot of diversity, but I'll characterize participants as largely young males, often teenagers, middle class, and to a degree socially marginalized. The culture fluctuated with time, no small part of this story happened before the majority of posters on this site were born, but a persistent element of the community has been freedom of expression. Discourse was often crude, often misguided, frequently inane but fundamentally informed by the belief that given a critical audience and an level field for communication the best ideas would emerge. For many of us TOTSE was a formative experience.

There are a thousand stories of posters who have come and gone, pranks pulled, legends formed and forgotten and more than one death. Enough to bore you, more than are worth retelling here, make a post about the old days some time and someone is bound to talk your ear off. After many years of operation TOTSE was closed in 2009, a fact some of us still haven't gotten over.

Exodus and Latter Days

The closure of totse started a pattern that's been repeated several times since: the community fragmented and occupied several sites, gradually coalescing around one or two. What follows is the genealogy of communities tracing lineage to TOTSE in some way:

In 2009 TOTSE begat zoklet, run by a former staff member, as well totse.info and totse2 (administartion unknown). Zoklet emerged with the largest portion of the community with totse2 remaining viable for several years.
    At some time before 2014 some members of the community formed "totseans" taking their name from the demonymic form of totse, the totsean webspace remains open as of writing.
    In 2014 Zoklet closed around the time totse2 also closed. A former poster on totse2 took opened "sanctuary" or "intosanctuary" which took on most of the community, a group of zoklet moderators also opened the short lived "longlivezoklet". "Tainted Browser" opened soon afterwards.
    In late 2014, amidst site drama, another former totse2 poster opens "Raw Data for Raw Nerves" or "rdfrn" taking its name from a former TOTSE slogan. Sanctuary closes shortly after.
    In late 2015 rdfrn abruptly closes and niggasin.space opens.

As of 2017 niggasin.space and totseans are the only two known remaining communities spawn from TOTSE.

And then a funny (fucked up) thing happened

Some lame ass site called datehoteliers or something(mentioned as DH on here) or whatever announced they were going to shut down their site. The loser members there scrambled to find another place to post as their lives were NOTHING without shitposting everyday. Some dick named Rock found NIS and advertised it on DH for all those lamers to see. It was no big deal at first because I didn't know but once the site shut down I had a shit ton of new registrations and my membership grew exponentially. I was like WTF? I didn't know what was going on! I let it ride for a minute just to see who these niggas were all about. So after a few days I figured out that they were just people like the rest of us except they weren't much into hard drugs or pedophilia. That DH crew has some hot chicks, losers, weirdo's and faggots but I figured that they fit in somewhat so I let them stay, FOR NOW!
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Just remember none of this is important.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    For anything- at all.
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    This whole website is unimportant, but we play anyway..
Jump to Top