User Controls

Attn Totse 2001

Enterita African Astronaut
    I just realized there is a user here who can help you more than anyone.

Somebody who was on Totse in 2001 and even earlier!

Have you talked to him about it yet?

-SpectraL.
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    No, I haven't. I have been reading his extensive post history, off and on. In the midst of that I have been acclimating myself to the who's who of TOTSE. Quite a history there.

If he knows me he'll find me.♡
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by Enterita I just realized there is a user here who can help you more than anyone.

Somebody who was on Totse in 2001 and even earlier!

Have you talked to him about it yet?

-SpectraL.

yes i talked to spectral and we both agree you're a faggot
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    Unless he pays cash I don't care.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by cupocheer No, I haven't. I have been reading his extensive post history, off and on. In the midst of that I have been acclimating myself to the who's who of TOTSE. Quite a history there.

If he knows me he'll find me.♡

I cracked your account on Totse, because you let the e-mail address you used to register your account expire. I re-created the e-mail account and used the Totse password reset tool to reset your password.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I cracked your account on Totse, because you let the e-mail address you used to register your account expire. I re-created the e-mail account and used the Totse password reset tool to reset your password.

l33t hacker
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I cracked your account on Totse, because you let the e-mail address you used to register your account expire. I re-created the e-mail account and used the Totse password reset tool to reset your password.

And I am much appreciative that you took the time out of your busy schedule to assist me. Thank you.
    Originally posted by cupocheer And I am much appreciative that you took the time out of your busy schedule to assist me. Thank you.

I didn't realize you still needed it, because you hadn't used the account for so long and I figured you had abandoned it. I hacked pretty well all the apparently-abandoned accounts from 2000-2005 and handed them out to people who couldn't post because Jeff had disabled registration and disappeared for over a year, and also to give to users the Fun Bunch has banned unjustifiably. Then they tried to find justification to ban me for giving out the accounts, but I had several decent mods like jackketch step in to support me.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I didn't realize you still needed it, because you hadn't used the account for so long and I figured you had abandoned it. I hacked pretty well all the apparently-abandoned accounts from 2000-2005 and handed them out to people who couldn't post because Jeff had disabled registration and disappeared for over a year, and also to give to users the Fun Bunch has banned unjustifiably. Then they tried to find justification to ban me for giving out the accounts, but I had several decent mods like jackketch step in to support me.

Why do you only have stories from 2006+
    Originally posted by Enterita l33t hacker

"Cracking" and "hacking" are not synonymous.
    Originally posted by Enterita Why do you only have stories from 2006+

I've got stories from before 2006. Like, in 2005, under the handle, SpectraL, I went up against the dreaded acidmelt in a direct confrontation, whereupon I reduced him to a quivering mass of hysterical foolishness and he not only deleted my account, but also started deleting a bunch of other users' accounts. By the way, acidmelt was an extremely shitty and tyrannical administrator, prone to fits of anger and rage and revenge. But I came right back under the -SpectraL moniker and challenged him again, and that time I won, with support from half the staff. Acidmelt was forced into a reluctant retreat, with his tail tucked between his legs. True story, before 2006.
    Originally posted by cupocheer "Cracking" and "hacking" are not synonymous.

They are not synonymous, but hacking does encompass cracking. Hacking is basically when you use any way possible to gain some kind of control over a protected system. Methods to gain such control could include methods such as cracking, phishing, backdooring, cloning, man-in-the-middle attacks, malicious scripting, shellcoding, or even social networking. Hacking is just a cover-all term used to describe the action of getting into a supposedly secure system.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I've got stories from before 2006. Like, in 2005, under the handle, SpectraL, I went up against the dreaded acidmelt in a direct confrontation, whereupon I reduced him to a quivering mass of hysterical foolishness and he not only deleted my account, but also started deleting a bunch of other users' accounts. By the way, acidmelt was an extremely shitty and tyrannical administrator, prone to fits of anger and rage and revenge. But I came right back under the -SpectraL moniker and challenged him again, and that time I won, with support from half the staff. Acidmelt was forced into a reluctant retreat, with his tail tucked between his legs. True story, before 2006.

kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by -SpectraL They are not synonymous, but hacking does encompass cracking. Hacking is basically when you use any way possible to gain some kind of control over a protected system. Methods to gain such control could include methods such as cracking, phishing, backdooring, cloning, man-in-the-middle attacks, malicious scripting, shellcoding, or even social networking. Hacking is just a cover-all term used to describe the action of getting into a supposedly secure system.

right
    Did someone say backdooring...
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    hacking just means to make something do something it wasn't designed to
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Bend over, big fella!
    Back on DH "hacking" was when some idiot gave their login info to a "close electronic friend"...then they fell out... and the person with the login info logged in to their ex friends account and deleted it or posted shit all over the forums.
    Originally posted by aldra hacking just means to make something do something it wasn't designed to

That would be compromising. The difference is hacking has the malicious intent. You can compromise something with no malicious intent and that's not hacking, but if you compromise it with the intent, that's hacking.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Originally posted by -SpectraL That would be compromising. The difference is hacking has the malicious intent. You can compromise something with no malicious intent and that's not hacking, but if you compromise it with the intent, that's hacking.

I finally understand your problem. You operate on a set of definitions of your own construction. Hacking is, in the IT sense, nothing more that unauthorized access to a computer or network regardless of the hackers intention once access is gained.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top