User Controls

Octopath Traveler is game of the decade

PrettyHateMachine African Astronaut
    FUCK I was already to the point where I thought gaming was dead and that there would never come again a game that would give me that special feeling I had when I played all my favorite games growing up.
    This game has the same spark that games like Dragon Quest VIII, GTA 3, Shenmue 2 etc had.
    Fucking masterpiece and an absolute reason to own a switch if you don't already.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I've been thinking of picking it up, looked interesting from the trailers and could go for a good RPG. AAA price tag seemed a little much for an upstart sprite based RPG though.
    HTS highlight reel
    lol gimmicky nostalgic jrpg garbage 😏

And of course OP is infatuated with it.
    HTS highlight reel
    Of course. Makes sense. OP seems like the type who would like this because it's problematic trash. All he cares about is "pwning lefties epic style" by playing games he knows they won't like. Sad!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Fuck you guys, I actually want to know if this game is good, not listen to nostalgia wank and meme politicking.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Lanny Fuck you guys, I actually want to know if this game is good, not listen to nostalgia wank and meme politicking.

Buy it, you'll love it.
    It has such a charismatic charm to it that I haven't seen in a game in so long.
    The level design is so neat and the game design is very unique.
    Also I never watched the trailers or read anything about the game so IDGAF about the sjw backlash.
    Turn based combat is primitive and needs to evolve or go. I played the beginning of Xeoblade Chronicles and they changed it up so it's in real time and it's funner that way.

Pokémon Switch is reportedly doing something other than pure turn based combat as well, I'm excited to see that.

I love a cute story.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by HTS Of course. Makes sense. OP seems like the type who would like this because it's problematic trash. All he cares about is "pwning lefties epic style" by playing games he knows they won't like. Sad!

what

do you get to play as kawaii hitler or something?
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by aldra what

do you get to play as kawaii hitler or something?

Lanny deleted the post that prompted me to say that.

Someone posted a headline about how it's problematic. I'm assuming over the way they handled Primrose or something. Who knows.
    When will the leftist nazis realize they're incompatible with the American way of life and leave?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by DietPiano Turn based combat is primitive and needs to evolve or go. I played the beginning of Xeoblade Chronicles and they changed it up so it's in real time and it's funner that way.

Pokémon Switch is reportedly doing something other than pure turn based combat as well, I'm excited to see that.

I love a cute story.

Turn based tactical is a great genre and there are lots of interesting things to do with it. Turn based combat enables a lot of interesting mechanics that just wouldn't work in realtime systems.

Classical JRPG "line up and take turns choosing an attack" ala final fantasy up to like 9 and all the pokemon games is pretty garbage though. Even "advanced" strategies are usually just abuse of some mechanic and getting better either means discovering a new gimmick or grinding (usually grinding). I love a lot of games that used that system, FF7 and the Breath of Fire games are childhood favorites, but it's a poor excuse for a combat system.
    Tommy Lund Yung Blood
    Too bad it`s not this decade.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    My dude, someone was just saying you were dead.

Assuming you're real and not posting from the afterlife.
    Tommy Lund Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Lanny My dude, someone was just saying you were dead.

Assuming you're real and not posting from the afterlife.

As great as I am, not even I can post from the afterlife.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    That's a shame my dude.

Play anything interesting lately?
    Tommy Lund Yung Blood
    Quite a lot actually, but I think my GOTY is still Detroit: Become Human so far. That could change though, a lot of great titles to come this year. How about you?
    Originally posted by Tommy Lund Quite a lot actually, but I think my GOTY is still Detroit: Become Human so far. That could change though, a lot of great titles to come this year. How about you?

Lmao
    No
    Tommy Lund Yung Blood
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine Lmao
    No

No, what?
    Octopath traveler is goty
    Tommy Lund Yung Blood
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine Octopath traveler is goty

Well, it`s nice that you have found a game you like. :icon14:
Jump to Top