User Controls

The nature of addiction

WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    Do you believe that it is truly a brain disease? Or Is addiction just utilized as an excuse...by someone who lacks adequate discipline and willpower... in managing their vices?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    It's just a thing.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    EllariaSand African Astronaut
    It’s an excuse for loser who can’t handle reality

Starts out as an escape.....eventually it permanently cripples you by destroying your brain
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    Glioblastoma is a brain disease.

Drug addiction can cause severe physical withdrawals.

I wouldn't ever call it a brain disease.

Call it brain damage.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by EllariaSand It’s an excuse for loser who can’t handle reality

Starts out as an escape…..eventually it permanently cripples you by destroying your brain

Why do you think "reality" is supposed to be experienced without interference?
    Originally posted by WellHung Do you believe that it is truly a brain disease? Or Is addiction just utilized as an excuse…by someone who lacks adequate discipline and willpower… in managing their vices?

If being an obese fat fuck is now classed as a disease (lolz at that) then it follows addiction to drugs is too...however you can call it what the fuck you like, weakness is weakness...be it sticking a needle in your arm or a pie in your mouth.
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    Almost Miller time
    Originally posted by mmQ Why do you think "reality" is supposed to be experienced without interference?

I take no issue with “enhancing reality” on occasion

Obviously I was referring to the weak ass morons who depend on drugs or alcohol on a regular basis as a means of escaping reality or as a necessary way to “cope”
    Yes there is quite a difference enjoying a few select vintages at a friendly wine and cheese evening than sitting homeless and pantless at the intersection drinking warm Olde English.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Yes there is quite a difference enjoying a few select vintages at a friendly wine and cheese evening than sitting homeless and pantless at the intersection drinking warm Olde English.

Or shooting heroin

I can’t think of a single “social occasion” where that is considered the norm
    Madman African Astronaut
    GEt out of here with your gay ass wine and cheese

Brass Monkey
    3 parts olde english 1 part orange soda

Irish Car bomb
    Add the Bailey's and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey's on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug ¾ of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug.

Intravenous Heroin Injection
    Mix your number 4 heroin with water and suck up into needle through a enhancement, spike vein, inhale exhale
    Wine and cheese selection

Stilton – Tawny Port or an aged LBV
    Gorgonzola Dolce – Marsala
    Roquefort – Sauternes

And if you are feeling a little frisky

Cooked blue cheese – White Crozes-Hermitage
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    physical addiction is a pretty well understood condition, it has physical symptoms and frequently requires treatment. How is it not a disease? Like I think you guys are trying to say it's not because you want to blame people with addiction for said addiction, and fine, you do you, but denying its status as a disease doesn't really do much for you there. There's nothing about calling something a disease that makes the afflicted not at fault for having it, e.g. HIV is uncontroversially a disease and a person can clearly engage in behaviors that put them at fault for contracting it.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    I think its more mental than anything but partially physical for some drugs.

Take alcohol for example i can quit but I'm just too much of a pussy sometimes to go through the hell, but i did have a seizure while quitting for 16 hours and I actually felt fine like everything would be cool but i just seized up

it was terrible, the pigs held me down and gave me a shot in my ass and literally handcuffed me to a hospital bed (thats how i woke up) with some asian bitch nurse saying they cuffed me because i tried to fight the cops, i have no recollection of any of it

Originally posted by Madman GEt out of here with your gay ass wine and cheese

Brass Monkey
    3 parts olde english 1 part orange soda

Irish Car bomb
    Add the Bailey's and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey's on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug ¾ of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug.

Intravenous Heroin Injection
    Mix your number 4 heroin with water and suck up into needle through a enhancement, spike vein, inhale exhale

I dunno man heroin especially is tricky, I've shot h for over ten years and the last 3 months i overdosed twice and was taken to the hospital, the paramedics actually brought me a kit to test it for fent and narcan incase i still decide to do it so someone can hit it with me.

But I think addiction is mostly mental, like i only became an addict because I've been depressed.
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Originally posted by Lanny

Originally posted by Lanny —–BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE—–
    Hash: SHA256

physical addiction is a pretty well understood condition, it has physical symptoms and frequently requires treatment. How is it not a disease? Like I think you guys are trying to say it's not because you want to blame people with addiction for said addiction, and fine, you do you, but denying its status as a disease doesn't really do much for you there. There's nothing about calling something a disease that makes the afflicted not at fault for having it, e.g. HIV is uncontroversially a disease and a person can clearly engage in behaviors that put them at fault for contracting it.
    —–BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE—–

iQIzBAEBCAAdFiEEaplk9V8kovCcp8BrznljHEc+lFoFAltt/lcACgkQznljHEc+
    lFrnJQ//TyM6D1sn/HqAIc4loKcrrQ/Xxgw+/TmlUN5RKOyVBh7TCYm4NCyZ/qhY
    7ubK06ARNmT8xC5Tu/a/kBe26HXLB8Wo4Ez9H66Lfmq8iJmQo02TP+BOgaIUJ1D+
    fg5wn9Kci/l+D+84MUldoARqWSX/F9A5/zmA8uablsN7EM+LJDmLUDLymeR1GJc0
    WpEtsnmrTYQ6tFX98WHxFpSwfJv4dSsZkeqf3+7FjkPjW7DHxIbYgEg+2cvbzjNa
    +Ck6MLiAkpdERr9OxShRYXXFjAelrdi/lvhupQbmoRaNSaVUUY8NRHhsellqify8
    /VyBwKjf4V2FS3FyxnRg9pC+XLzGVP5WmrxVArucoJ10zROo2yoCGrIOBc8pFHX5
    awOkSG7CZiym6cm7p46L3sugTc/r2Zm/zerA91O4o6H1aGVg7xqx5rHLTV/3N+/i
    /8sbXGEYgvwIji2FDwcAPGPp+YRzbZYAUZZR+4udAu79joKlfu2INQpIiCEkzS8e
    f10tqkc9JaV1x/D9axnNPUTf40L645R7gx4MOVojd880/d005BLN1Bp9mnydURwz
    iKAdq7ZDz5YeT6YynnpeyNSATjLBmgz652wSrFupp9Sk/2ng2+HIJ/bivnRooVFd
    OO8sI9MV7MfIB0wpltp3j5aT5fPHmpu59lt9rx4fHXB6B4vS1eg=
    =VrNk
    —–END PGP SIGNATURE—–physical addiction is a pretty well understood condition, it has physical symptoms and frequently requires treatment. How is it not a disease? Like I think you guys are trying to say it's not because you want to blame people with addiction for said addiction, and fine, you do you, but denying its status as a disease doesn't really do much for you there. There's nothing about calling something a disease that makes the afflicted not at fault for having it, e.g. HIV is uncontroversially a disease and a person can clearly engage in behaviors that put them at fault for contracting it.
    —–BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE—–

HIV, Lanny, is a disease, however, one need NOT engage in a behavior which causes one to contract the disease.

One may be born with the HIV.

Were you meaning to implicate the AIDS virus as the disease which could be contracted due to one's behavior?
    —–END PGP SIGNATURE—–

Originally posted by Lanny —–BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE—–
    Hash: SHA256

Sorry, Lanny. I was checking out your "key" stuff. smile
    addiction is different for everyone, but for me i personally believe it to be more mental than everything, I'm a sex addict and I've gone through severe withdrawals not having sex the last few months.

fecal matter and vagina juice get me high lol.

I have herpes and the clapper twice and even though its a "disease" i still get bitched out for it by the doctors when i need pills.

I gave herpes to 3 girls in one week but now they all claim they dont have it, but it lies dormant in the human body and only comes out at certain times (like if you're abusing your body)

1 in for adults have the genital herp but theirs still a huge stigma about it. Like I live in a good neighborhood but so many ppl get the clapper because the clapper is just a bacterial infection but a lot of ppl chalk it up to having teh aids!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by cupocheer Sorry, Lanny. I was checking out your "key" stuff. smile

That's OK, I don't read most your posts anyway :)
    That's okay. I don't mind.

You do realize, Im sure, that you dont have all your alts "keyed" right? lol
Jump to Top