User Controls

Streaming and the normieization of the internet have ruined underground culture

PrettyHateMachine African Astronaut
    Before only people who truly cared about a certain aesthetic or interest would seek it out and the culture would flourish because only people who truly cared for it were there.
    Now with algorithms recommending normie plebeians anything from boku no pico to noise music, the appeal is gone and the feeling that those things belonged to you and your circle has diminished.
    Is there any way to get around this in this day and age?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    yeah, don't watch tranny cartoons
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra yeah, don't watch tranny cartoons

They're little boys and it's ANIME not "cartoons" you STUPID FUCK
    call your chinese cartoons whatever you want
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine Is there any way to get around this in this day and age?

Yeah. Try not being an elitist hipster snob. Get around it by getting over it, loser.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    Thanks to technology information is so much easier to access than anyone would have believed 30 years ago. As a result the barriers to entry to different subcultures are lower.

For instance I don't need to know someone who knows someone who know's William Luther Pierce's mailing address to get National Alliance literature, I can just hit up the website. I don't need to buy cassettes or meet him to hear his speeches, I can download them on archive.org (actually I should do that before they get shoahed).

Before computers people communicated with letters, zines (sometimes with only a few hundred subscribers) and other pieces of paper.

So nowadays stuff is way easier to do, so we become more extreme, more edgy. It's changing us at a physiological level. Look at Generation Z - they move faster, think quicker, and get bored easier.

So apparently normies have easier access to the underground? Well first of all, what is the underground? Why is it underground? Maybe the underground should be looking to take over. Maybe the underground should be making life uncomfortable for the above-ground?

Second of all I don't know if I even agree. I mean it's true, access is easier, but there is so much information floating around a lot of people are distracted. It's not about access anymore, it's about separating the bullshit from reality.

Separating good information from bad only gets harder when you have more information than you could possibly deal with.

I see good trends right now though. People are forming their own networks to communicate, bypassing the jedi media. The jedis and their thralls are losing their mind, blaming literal Russian hackers for the fact that they can't monopolise access to information anymore, and as a result have lost control of the narrative. It's wonderful, and something we want to see continue.

We need to make these people pay - it is cosmic justice.
    Originally posted by Cootehill So nowadays stuff is way easier to do, so we become more extreme, more edgy. It's changing us at a physiological level. Look at Generation Z - they move faster, think quicker, and get bored easier.

When I was in downtown a few months ago playing Pokemon Go some extremely jedi (he must have been, no way a European could have a nose like that) looking kid stepped out of his car and in what seemed like a hurried panick, rushed over to me staring at his smartphone mumbling about Pokemon Go.
    I pretended to understand what he was saying, so I just walked alongside him for a little bit.
    He was all over the place like a fly, never really taking the time to absorb the moment or surroundings, just zip zap pow here then there.
    At first I thought it was a jedi thing but it could definitely be brain changes from growing up with constant internet and computer use.
    I grew up on the computer as well, but with smartphones the way they're set up is to present the user with a neverending stream of new stimuli and content, this could cause serious issues and it already shows with the younger generations.
    I can feel it in myself too and I don't even use a smartphone anymore, maybe it's just me feeling the effects of living in a faster paced society.
    Once I get moved into a place I want to start focusing on ways to slow down and reset my brain.
    I cannot stand the pace of modern living, it's not that I can't keep up with it, it's just that it's stupid and unnecessary.
    Do Gen Z kids ever sit on a bench and just stare?
    I have a friend who has never been able to do things like that, he calls me "ate up" for talking about how I love admiring the moment or environment and appreciating the little details,
    To people like him and Gen Z, a "normal" person is one who is constantly preoccupied with something.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    How was boku no picu ever appealing to you fam? Also if you just like things because normies don't like them, well idk what to say about that. But just like teh things you like man. What does it matter how popular it is?

If this were Nazi Germany and it were 1939 would you be like: "Pfft, look at all these normies being Nazis, i'mma be a commie now."
    Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine When I was in downtown a few months ago playing Pokemon Go some extremely jedi (he must have been, no way a European could have a nose like that) looking kid stepped out of his car and in what seemed like a hurried panick, rushed over to me staring at his smartphone mumbling about Pokemon Go.
    I pretended to understand what he was saying, so I just walked alongside him for a little bit.
    He was all over the place like a fly, never really taking the time to absorb the moment or surroundings, just zip zap pow here then there.
    At first I thought it was a jedi thing but it could definitely be brain changes from growing up with constant internet and computer use.
    I grew up on the computer as well, but with smartphones the way they're set up is to present the user with a neverending stream of new stimuli and content, this could cause serious issues and it already shows with the younger generations.
    I can feel it in myself too and I don't even use a smartphone anymore, maybe it's just me feeling the effects of living in a faster paced society.
    Once I get moved into a place I want to start focusing on ways to slow down and reset my brain.
    I cannot stand the pace of modern living, it's not that I can't keep up with it, it's just that it's stupid and unnecessary.
    Do Gen Z kids ever sit on a bench and just stare?
    I have a friend who has never been able to do things like that, he calls me "ate up" for talking about how I love admiring the moment or environment and appreciating the little details,
    To people like him and Gen Z, a "normal" person is one who is constantly preoccupied with something.

So fucking true.

I mean I am hyper as fuck, constantly thinking. When I go kayaking or walking I need some electronic stimulation otherwise I feel as anxious as an alcoholic lost in the desert.
    But these kids man. I used to play a lot of Battlefield 1942 and Unreal Tournament 2004, but these kids play Fortnite and DOTA and Team Fortress and they're so quick that they're like some sort of electronic demons or something.
    They're just faster. I'm 34 and I feel about 80 years old watching them.
    Yeah, I think some people are hardwired to need lots of stimulation at all times, like the kids who can't sit still in school. They got that crackhead gene.

Others like myself would rather enjoy the moment while considering things.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Cootehill I used to play a lot of Battlefield 1942 and Unreal Tournament 2004, but these kids play Fortnite and DOTA and Team Fortress and they're so quick that they're like some sort of electronic demons or something.

You'd be surprised how "fast" you can get when you play the same game a lot. I feel like this only related to age because kids have more free time to play vidya and it's socially insentivized due to all their friends doing the same thing. If you needed to play a lot of Fortnite to remain socially relevant among your peers, you'd be playing a lot more Fortnite and be a lot better at it. You know?

That is to say, I don't think kids have any particularly relevant inherent physiological/neurological advantages. They just have the time and desire to train their brains that way.

You're too busy paying taxes, having sex, and getting drunk to be as fast as a kid.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Just because you don’t understand something doesn’t mean you aren’t normal.
    this is your world

tear it apart
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    I miss karen asshole and the pump screw on my oldmobile doesn't work as well anymore fam... =(
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by HTS That is to say, I don't think kids have any particularly relevant inherent physiological/neurological advantages. They just have the time and desire to train their brains that way.

no,

reflexes slow down after youve hit a certain age.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by aldra this is your world

tear it apart

your world lies in your ass.

ill help you tear it apart.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by benny vader no,

reflexes slow down after youve hit a certain age.

Yeah, but that certain age is like 60.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by HTS Yeah, but that certain age is like 60.

no, its sometime in your mid 20s.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/brains-speed-slows-_n_5161246
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    OP, you posted on 4chan in like 2007, you were never part of "the underground" you aspie edgelord. You have like one actual friend and don't leave your house while you still had one, the only thing you have ever experienced in your life is mass culture.

The "underground culture" that people remember so fondly is actually almost always the death spiral of an actual insular subculture. That's what the glory days of totse and 4chan were, communities that were small and boring ballooning and in that instant between being a backwaters and being inducted into general relevance people think it's an amazing thing the normies are killing. You're the normie that killed it and it sucked dick on either side of it's particular eternal september.

Originally posted by HTS You'd be surprised how "fast" you can get when you play the same game a lot. I feel like this only related to age because kids have more free time to play vidya and it's socially insentivized due to all their friends doing the same thing. If you needed to play a lot of Fortnite to remain socially relevant among your peers, you'd be playing a lot more Fortnite and be a lot better at it. You know?

That is to say, I don't think kids have any particularly relevant inherent physiological/neurological advantages. They just have the time and desire to train their brains that way.

You're too busy paying taxes, having sex, and getting drunk to be as fast as a kid.

It's a commonly accepted, even among professional gamers who have all the time in the world to practice games, that reaction times increase as you age. Mind you, if you're comparing like 14 years olds with 20 year olds it's not reaction times that are making the difference in competitive play and that extra practice and general cognitive ability older players have is more important, but there's a reason pro games tend to "peak" somewhere in their 20s. Research on the subject seems to support this idea as well.
Jump to Top