User Controls

I'm a huge fan of skunks and raccoons...

WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    Folks, in my personal experience, I have found skunks to be among the friendliest of creatures I've ever encountered. They respond especially well to baby talk.
    Siouxsie_Q African Astronaut
    Technologist victim of incest
    My older brother had a de-sacked skunk as a pet years back. He named it Whitewall. It became somewhat domesticated, but mostly stayed nocturnal. Soft fur on their heads, but coarse hair on their bodies.

Where I live they’re tearing down the wooded areas and building homes, running the skunks out. Almost every night I can go out on my back deck and smell skunk spray in the air. Yuk. You have to be careful walking around here at night, you stumble upon one of these things and you’re gonna get it.
    When I first came to the US wife #1 was in the back yard and shouted to me in the house "Quick! there's a coon in the yard".

I quickly rushed out expecting to face some drunk black gentleman for fisticuffs but it was just a racoon eating some rotting fruit.
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    skunks are awesome,, coons,, the 4 legged kind are also.

Iv had both as pets,, ester was my pet coon,, she was crazy funny to play with,, I kept her till she had baby's but never really caged her till I moved from my rent house to the one I purchased, then I let her run wild and she got knocked up and took her down to the pond and showed her the hollow tree, she lived for several years , always showing up with her babys every litter to show them off.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Once on an early morning walk i came face to face with a skunk we both run away in opposite directions. That was my closest call yet.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by tee hee hee Once on an early morning walk i came face to face with a skunk

That was a tall skunk! I think I'd have run too.
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    she was prolly on the DL,, or the skunk was just high
    I always talk to skunks when we run into each other,, they never run from me ,, you dont have to worry about getting sprayed unless they are tail up and tail facing you
    giddyup Yung Blood
    Possum stew
    Raccoons' claws are as dexterous as a human hand. I have mistakenly left out sealed canned goods on my picnic table while camping overnight... if the container is openable by human hands...they were also able to gain entry. Crafty little devils.
    Originally posted by POLECAT I always talk to skunks when we run into each other,, they never run from me ,, you dont have to worry about getting sprayed unless they are tail up and tail facing you

This. I remained stationary or backed away slowly..put off friendly vibes.. and talked to them in a pleasant voice... and they have rarely run away from me. When camping in national parks and forests... where they are very familiar with humans... they come hang out with me at the picnic table and around the campfire. Of course I make sure to feed them scraps for their efforts...this certainly helps...lol😉
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Originally posted by WellHung Raccoons' claws are as dexterous as a human hand. I have mistakenly left out sealed canned goods on my picnic table while camping overnight… if the container is openable by human hands…they were also able to gain entry. Crafty little devils.

Yup.

Last time I went camping we put an opened bag of chips in the cooler and put the cooler under a picnic bench. During the night we woke up to some shuffling noises. We peaked outside and we saw a coon munching on chips.
    There was just enough room between the bench and the cooler top for the little bugger to get its paw into the cooler, push the top off and pull out the bag.
    Originally posted by tee hee hee Yup.

Last time I went camping we put an opened bag of chips in the cooler and put the cooler under a picnic bench. During the night we woke up to some shuffling noises. We peaked outside and we saw a coon munching on chips.
    There was just enough room between the bench and the cooler top for the little bugger to get its paw into the cooler, push the top off and pull out the bag.

Lolol...how adorbs, Mom! Wasnt ' the show ' certainly worth the price of admission? (An opened bag of chips)?
    ~L J~ African Astronaut [this acceleratory nonflavored troubadour]
    I hit a raccoon one night and you would’ve thought I hit a wall. Stupid thing ran right out in front of me. 🙄
    I hit one with my Jetta and it ripped the whole front bumper skin off the car,, another time my dog chased one up under my TDI Jetta and it fucked up the shift cables and I lost reverse till I got new cables
    Yea, it took out the undercarriage of my car, that I had at the time.
    Originally posted by ~L J~ Yea, it took out the undercarriage of my car, that I had at the time.

Perhaps you could post a photo of your undercarriage.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Perhaps you could post a photo of your undercarriage.

I have since then changed the undercarriage. :P
    Madman African Astronaut
    If you drill a hole in a fallen tree and drive three angled nails into it, then put something shiny in the hole they will reach in and grab the shiny and not let go and get stuck because they can't get their hand out while it has something in it. Now you have a pet coon that loves you.
Jump to Top