User Controls

Internet radio station/radio general

PrettyHateMachine African Astronaut
    What are the legalities of hosting an internet radio station?
    Would FBI agents bust through the door if I play licensed music?
    I'm thinking about someday doing an online radio station, not just music but talk too maybe people can call in and talk and stuffs

Does anybody here still listen to radio?
    Sometimes I'll turn on AM and see what people are talking to, then I'll ask myself who listens to AM radio in this day and age.
    Think of how prolific and monolithic FM radio used to be, now the sounds just echo off white walls and empty out into unattentive ears.
    When only just a decade and some years ago millions would tune in each day to listen to their state's alternative rock station and listen to the latest jams, now they just play spotify from their phones to their car via bluetooth.
    A lot has been lost from the depopularization of radio, gone are the hosts you would grow fond of, gone is the excitement of listening to a new and interesting song on your favorite station and wondering who it's by, gone is the character and feel just like with tvs and magazines.
    The normie migration to the internet has really ruined media.
    I got into my favorite band of all time thanks to the local (now defunct) radiostation X-103 (indy's new rock alternative)
    I was in the car with my okaa on the way home, when this song started playing

I WAS SO HYPED UP I WAS BOBBING MY HEAD UP AND DOWN SWINGING MY ARMS UP AND DOWN LIKE A MANIAC
    That song was like the perfect drug to my shota dopamine receptors
    I then bought the album and was totally disappointed that the rest of the album sounded absolutely nothing like THTF but thanks to that I grew into it and later got into bands like Skinny Puppy and Merzbow and so on and so forth

There were this dude-bros who would host that show, catering to Gen-X with their masculinity and attitude, goddamn I miss the whole Gen-X/early MOON PERSON teenhood period that was so goddamn fucking great.
    Really, there was something about Gen-X that made the early 00s so wonderful, they were assholes themselves but the aesthetics were great and SJW faggotry didn't exist whatsoever.
    Now it's like everything has entered the stoneages, you can't be mean or sexist or racist at this rate we'll rehash the victorian ages.

Ahhhhh I digress ....

I know most fleshnet people are workers and can't afford to spend most of their time hosting a radio station on the wired, but sometime I hope to do so and maybe set off a trend.
    For the record, no, the current era of shoutcast "radio" does not count, streaming a playlist of songs IS NOT RADIO you gotta have the hosts and the personality
    Another idea for my radio station is that I'll play independent music, helping give small musicians more exposure and maybe more money

I'm gonna have novelty sections too for things like jokes, stories, news, maybe I'll do crank calls idk
    If I go back to being a hikikomori NEET I'll host it every Friday, with the weekdays being playlists and prerecordings.
    Eventually I might even get into streaming an actual television channel over the internet.
    Actually I have an idea

I'll host the m3u file on mega or somethign and play whatever the fuck I want
    Should I use a proxy, or would that even be viable for streaming audio idk

I'll take requests too and if you make anything PM your songs and I might play them
    Does anyone have fond memories of listening to the radio?
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    my favorite radio station is flash fm.
    Siouxsie_Q African Astronaut
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine Does anyone have fond memories of listening to the radio?

Yes, mainly in '83----'84
    mso8 Houston
    OH NOEZ, instead of having to listen to a host that interrupts you listening to your trashy music that you didn't even get to choose with ads, cringy dad-jokes and The Moar You Know (tm) bullshit facts that plague every facebook wall in this day and age, people get to choose their own favorite music, can listen to it all for a low price or ads and they don't even have to download any of it if you give a shit about that.
    The radio stopped being cool like 40 years ago. It functions as a noise machine so you don't have to eat your instant ramen in silence at 4 in the afternoon.

The only time that the radio is truly good is when it plays an unexpected banger at 2AM while you are driving somewhere, nothing beats that. But get real dude, the radio sucks ass 98% of the time.
    Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    OP are you talking about podcasts or what?

If you want to do podcasts just use Spreaker, or a Soundcloud Pro account, unless you get shoahed. TRS seems to get along fine using libsyn.

Or just stick the files on mixtape.moe

There's no reason not to do a podcast and see what it sounds like. You might have to spend a little money on a decent mike, and spend a little time getting used to editing, getting your levels right, recording skype conversations, and not leaving lots of dead air lying around.
    Originally posted by Cootehill OP are you talking about podcasts or what?

If you want to do podcasts just use Spreaker, or a Soundcloud Pro account, unless you get shoahed. TRS seems to get along fine using libsyn.

Or just stick the files on mixtape.moe

There's no reason not to do a podcast and see what it sounds like. You might have to spend a little money on a decent mike, and spend a little time getting used to editing, getting your levels right, recording skype conversations, and not leaving lots of dead air lying around.

No this is not a podcast, this is live radio over the internet.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    deerhunter played w nin they are pretty cool live

my favorite nin song is happiness in slavery the guy they used in the vid is also the same guy getting hung in godfleshes vid

the 90[s were crazay

nin did the music for quake 2 also
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine Does anyone have fond memories of listening to the radio?

yeah listening to the b 52's in the car w my mom
    The 80s and 90s were the absolute greatest decades for music in all of human history

The aesthetic of the live shows and music videos, post-industrial in full-swing, Gen-X attitude and aesthetic.

Everything now is SHIT and DEAD
    We might as well all kill ourselves and hope for reincarnation
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine The 80s and 90s were the absolute greatest decades for music in all of human history

The aesthetic of the live shows and music videos, post-industrial in full-swing, Gen-X attitude and aesthetic.

Everything now is SHIT and DEAD
    We might as well all kill ourselves and hope for reincarnation

oh pashore you are so negative, we're gonna think positive today, mmmmmmk?!
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby oh pashore you are so negative, we're gonna think positive today, mmmmmmk?!

how can you feel positively at all in this day and age
    Originally posted by PrettyHateMachine how can you feel positively at all in this day and age

because i have a heart that beats and god on my side.
Jump to Top