User Controls

What is a moral argument against carding?

Madman African Astronaut
    I mean with the current state of capitalism its all a fucking scam so why not? Its ripping off insurance companies and not actual people so the power dynamics of an individual vs. company with lots of capital is a grey moral area for me. Its like personal vs. institutionalized racism/sexism, power dynamics matter and I need someone to tell why it is my moral obligation to give a shit when the larger power is getting fucked.
    Madman African Astronaut
    Your actions become internalized, don't treat people with the respect they deserve, represent yourself and your beliefs when you interact with anyone. How do you feel people should be treated and do you believe it enough to represent it when your ego says no? Does this apply to companies tho? I'm still pissed about companies being given the same rights as individuals that happened during obama years. Someone guide me.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    for the longest time credit card providers refused to increase security in any way because they were afraid any change to the 'ease of card use' would lead to less people using them. they considered losses to carders to be a cost of doing business and absorbed them.

And by 'absorbed' I mean they passed the costs on to consumers in the form of fees, higher interest rates and more aggressive debt collection. trickle-down economics works, just in the opposite way it's described. trickle-down sodomy would be more accurate
    Madman African Astronaut
    I have to laugh at the absurdity, I finally understand trickle down economics after years of knowing it didn't work like they said it did. Everytime there is a data breach I am happy because I hate the credit unions and want everyones data to be leaked so they are ineffective as possible. I had a debt collector call me once about a hospital bill for like a few stiches and I fucked with them so hard that they only called once and never again.
Jump to Top