User Controls

Branson duck boat accident

WellHung Black Hole
    The area was warned of deadly storms 8 hours in advance... I don't feel bad in the slightest wen stupid, arrogant people decide to foolishly challenge Mother Nature....and die in the process. Darwinism at its finest.
    Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    Too edgy for me.

Some of the victims were kids.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Cootehill Too edgy for me.

Some of the victims were kids.

So? Why does everyone make exceptions for children? The rest of the animal world does not do that... fuck them...they're people too.
    Siouxsie_Q African Astronaut
    It's very sad indeed. But I was wondering why there wasn't quick responders and/or weather reporters that took possible quick storms serious. Possibly in the future they need to watch for any signs of storms approaching and ban the duck rides until surely safe of stormy weather.
    stare rape African Astronaut (banned)
    Who gives a fuck

A thousand people per year die on stairs, why should we give a fuck about some dumbshits in a boat
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Siouxsie_Q It's very sad indeed. But I was wondering why there wasn't quick responders and/or weather reporters that took possible quick storms serious. Possibly in the future they need to watch for any signs of storms approaching and ban the duck rides until surely safe of stormy weather.

Great point, pumpkin.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    The Captain also instructed crew and passengers that life vests would not be required.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by -SpectraL The Captain also instructed crew and passengers that life vests would not be required.

The captain should be convicted of involuntary manslaughter and sent to prison.
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    One woman who survived lost all three of her children and a total of 9 family members.

I am at a loss for words. Bereaved.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by cupocheer One woman who survived lost all three of her children and a total of 9 family members.

I am at a loss for words. Bereaved.

That woman has not endured enough adversity in her life. She needed to be challenged by something like this.
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Originally posted by WellHung That woman has not endured enough adversity in her life. She needed to be challenged by something like this.

God will forgive you for that, it isn't a part of my job responsibility.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Passing the buck like a normal Christian would, Cup? How altruistic of you...
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    They had vests available but not required to wear them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/us/duck-boat-branson-accident.amp.html

Too bad you weren't on the boat.
    Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    Originally posted by Rock_N_Rollover They had vests available but not required to wear them.

They had lots of time to put them on.

A lot of the time life vests are bad as they are bulky and cause you to float - so in a sinking or capsized ship they cause you to get stuck. Even with the inflatable ones, people always inflate them too soon.

And in a storm you will get waves breaking over your head anyway.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Rock_N_Rollover They had vests available but not required to wear them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/us/duck-boat-branson-accident.amp.html

Too bad you weren't on the boat.

You're cruel... I would never say such a thing about you.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Cootehill They had lots of time to put them on.

A lot of the time life vests are bad as they are bulky and cause you to float - so in a sinking or capsized ship they cause you to get stuck. Even with the inflatable ones, people always inflate them too soon.

And in a storm you will get waves breaking over your head anyway.

Exactly.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Ends up the cause is the very same cause that caused the major duck boat fatality in 1999 - Coast Guard not enforcing its own regulations, weak to non-existent inspections, zero oversight of duckboat establishments, which is required by law.
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    anyone who rides a duck is taking there lives and the lives of there loved ones on said duck with them into there own hands,, the Duck is the most dangerous amphibian vessel ever created and it was only made to TRY and get troops to shore, it wasnt made for pleasure, only for WAR.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by POLECAT anyone who rides a duck is taking there lives and the lives of there loved ones on said duck with them into there own hands,, the Duck is the most dangerous amphibian vessel ever created and it was only made to TRY and get troops to shore, it wasnt made for pleasure, only for WAR.

i read it as your talking about dick.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    looks like they're big enough that they'll suck people down as they sink too
Jump to Top