User Controls

Too many subscriptions getting you down?

  1. Lanny victim of incest [my dexterously baritone judicature]
    This just in: new features no body asked for, mark all your subscriptions as read so you don't have 20 pages of threads you got bored of reading but someone kept bumping for god only knows what reason. Available now on a user cp near you.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  2. ohfralala motherfucker (banned)
    I was just about to start complaining. Also please ban WellHung. Thx
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  3. -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    I feel like this is a psychiatric TV commercial.
  4. Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]



    Oh.

    That kind of subscription.
  5. benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    ie; lanny is coming up with more and more ways to AVOID dealing this site rather than participating in it.

    next shell be coming up with ignore and block feature so that we wont have to deal with each other.
  6. Manonfire African Astronaut
    How come he doesn't want any admins to help him not be so busy
  7. benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Manonfire How come he doesn't want any admins to help him not be so busy

    works make her frei.
  8. Rivotril Houston
    Thanks Lanny.
  9. Lanny victim of incest [my dexterously baritone judicature]
    Originally posted by Manonfire How come he doesn't want any admins to help him not be so busy

    There has been so much bullshit drama on totse and descendants that comes out of having moderators. Drama over who is and isn't a mod, drama over who mods ban, drama over what mods say, drama between mods. Without fail it turns into an unholy shitshow, even if the individuals involved are perfectly reasonable. I was a mod and I generated stupid drama. Smart people I respect were mods and generated drama. You give one group of people power over another and what you get is obnoxious drama and if this site could function without me having admin powers I'd make it so. When I set this place up it was right after two sites got fucked by mod drama in the span of about a year, the experiment was and is centrally about avoiding that. I don't claim this is the correct way to run a website, god knows good places would turn into festering piles of shit under the same standard that's applied here, just that it's a necessary reaction to the unending sequence of bullshit that came before.

    I'm not 100% against moderators, and I think there are one or two people who are on the same page and would moderate in a way that's consistent with what I want for the site. But I consider that a last resort, maybe when I stop being able to read/post almost daily I'll do it, but the user base is small enough at this point that I don't think there's really any upside to it.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  10. cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    TOTSE -- TOTSE 2

    See archives
  11. Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    Originally posted by Lanny There has been so much bullshit drama on totse and descendants that comes out of having moderators. Drama over who is and isn't a mod, drama over who mods ban, drama over what mods say, drama between mods. Without fail it turns into an unholy shitshow, even if the individuals involved are perfectly reasonable. I was a mod and I generated stupid drama. Smart people I respect were mods and generated drama. You give one group of people power over another and what you get is obnoxious drama and if this site could function without me having admin powers I'd make it so. When I set this place up it was right after two sites got fucked by mod drama in the span of about a year, the experiment was and is centrally about avoiding that. I don't claim this is the correct way to run a website, god knows good places would turn into festering piles of shit under the same standard that's applied here, just that it's a necessary reaction to the unending sequence of bullshit that came before.

    I'm not 100% against moderators, and I think there are one or two people who are on the same page and would moderate in a way that's consistent with what I want for the site. But I consider that a last resort, maybe when I stop being able to read/post almost daily I'll do it, but the user base is small enough at this point that I don't think there's really any upside to it.

    The Celts used to sacrifice their kings to ensure a good harvest. They'd take them out to a bog, stab them and hang them at the same time.

    I always thought it was a good custom that all politicians and leaders should be subject to.
  12. stl1 African Astronaut
    Self-moderation.

    Install a block button to cut down on the drama.

    You can't fight (or allow others to) if you/they can't see each other.
  13. Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    Originally posted by stl1 Self-moderation.

    Install a block button to cut down on the drama.

    You can't fight (or allow others to) if you/they can't see each other.

    Niggas shall fight in the dark.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  14. A College Professor African Astronaut [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Originally posted by Lanny … I think there are one or two people who are on the same page and would moderate in a way that's consistent with what I want …

    pretty sure this is about me, and I live in your crawlspace secretly4
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  15. joerell African Astronaut [twine our circinate supersymmetry]
    Please no mods...it will make this site even more pathetic or turn it into Zocalo. I'm also sure no one here is capable of being fair...so keep this idea as a last resort. Pretty soon any free speech will no longer exist anywhere and yet I understand something has to be done to control extreme abusers. I therefore agree ban WellHung and Cup...all they do is spam the site, bump useless threads and create new reasons to fight. If not and you do add mods please restore the delete option and allow members to use it. BTW...WH and Cup both did his on DH also and basically ruined the forums...this is their only goal.
  16. joerell African Astronaut [twine our circinate supersymmetry]
    Originally posted by stl1 Self-moderation.

    Install a block button to cut down on the drama.

    You can't fight (or allow others to) if you/they can't see each other.

    So that idiots like Technologist and yourself can bash those you hate without giving the other side a voice or chance to defend themselves. Both of you did this on DH for years creating attacking crews or supporting trolls who lied about members who exposed you. You have no credibility and are full of shit.
  17. cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Originally posted by joerell So that idiots like Technologist and yourself can bash those you hate without giving the other side a voice or chance to defend themselves. Both of you did this on DH for years creating attacking crews or supporting trolls who lied about members who exposed you. You have no credibility and are full of shit.


    Joe,
    Are you implying that Tech and Stl are those two fools from DH that were always arguing with themselves over years old BS that didnt amount to a moles hill?
  18. Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    Put a limit on how many threads you can make in a 24 hour span.

    Delete the duplicates.

    Ban the idiots for 24 hours that make you needlessly scroll.
  19. cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Originally posted by Rock_N_Rollover Put a limit on how many threads you can make in a 24 hour span.

    Delete the duplicates.

    Ban the idiots for 24 hours that make you needlessly scroll.


    WRONG FORUM

    Try SUGGESTIONS
  20. joerell African Astronaut [twine our circinate supersymmetry]
    Originally posted by cupocheer Joe,
    Are you implying that Tech and Stl are those two fools from DH that were always arguing with themselves over years old BS that didnt amount to a moles hill?
    You're insane...STFU.
Jump to Top