User Controls

Legal Question-US

Madman African Astronaut
    Can you get fired for having track marks in the US? I bought some long sleeve shirts that are like under armour for sweating it but sometimes people ask me why I don't wear short sleeve shirts. In the past I've told people that I inject nootropics and go into a sphiel about making injectibles with bacteriostatic water and peptides. I have injected nootropics but thats not what the track marks are from. I have a "If you can't lose them, confuse them" policy. Most people have never heard of nootropics but I get real into it and use as many words as I can that I know they have never heard before. This is somewhat effective but I still don't like people being suspicious. I read about it some and past drug addiction is considered a disability and can't be discriminated against but that doesn't mean people can't make a hostile work environment for me. I even talk about how pioneers wore long sleeve shirts because they get wet from sweat and cool you down but some people just have serious problem with anyone and anything that is the slightest bit abnormal and are relentless about it. What do?

Also my track marks are older and I use scar gel on them so they are just kind of darker marks on my skin. Some people don't think twice but others think they are real clever and fancy themselves as sherlock holmes, they just can't grasp that they aren't clever and just a shithead, just like arthur connan doyle.
    Originally posted by Madman Can you get fired for having track marks in the US?

You can get fired for anything or nothing in most states, Tejas for example...don't need a reason to can you.

"In Texas, an employer does not have to have a reason for terminating your employment. Texas is an employment-at-will state, which means that either the employer or the employee can terminated the employment relationship at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice."
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Yeah, you can be fired for no official reason. If you get fired for the reason that you had track marks you can _try_ to make the case that it's discrimination but you'd have to get a lawyer and I have no idea how likely that is to work. If you think your employer might try to fire you if they found out it's better to just keep them from finding out. Alternatively you could try talking to your boss and getting in front of it, telling them that it's in the past. I imagine most people aren't such assholes that they'd hold past drug use against you as long as you're not planning on shooting anything up going forward.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Yeah. Tell your boss it's in the past and then show up the very next day higher than FUCK just because it'd be funny.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    get a tan.
    Madman African Astronaut
    Getting a tan Is what I thought but that actually makes scars worse. I'm not really worried about my boss, I'm a valuable employee at every place I work and I'm worth more than most employees because I take pride in my job and do it better than most people can. I'm more worried at other employees making it a shitty place to work.
    esbity African Astronaut
    Your unlikely to get termed for you lousy past. Although everyone will look down on you.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Madman Getting a tan Is what I thought but that actually makes scars worse. I'm not really worried about my boss, I'm a valuable employee at every place I work and I'm worth more than most employees because I take pride in my job and do it better than most people can. I'm more worried at other employees making it a shitty place to work.

FUCK 'EM!
    Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    Dont let people know about that sort of shit.

They don't want to see it, and it's none of their business even if they did.

If cornered, maybe say you have gang tattoos you can't let anyone know about. That's kinda dangerous and cool.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    might be easiest just to say you've got a skin condition
    Dude just get some concealer and dab it on with a sponge when you wear short sleeves. It will take maybe 20 seconds. Fuck nosy ass people.
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Fralala post a full body. Posting for a fren.
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Originally posted by DontTellEm Fralala post a full body pic. Posting for a fren.
    Girl don’t start following me around like a psycho drunk.
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    Lol. Cory posted that.πŸ€—πŸ˜‚
    DontTellEm Black Hole
    He's dumb! πŸ˜‚
    Ok
    just wear that shit with pride and if anyone asks just be like "aye what you know about this ~ese?"
    Red_Woman African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Madman Getting a tan Is what I thought but that actually makes scars worse. I'm not really worried about my boss, I'm a valuable employee at every place I work and I'm worth more than most employees because I take pride in my job and do it better than most people can. I'm more worried at other employees making it a shitty place to work.

Yeah tan makes scars even more evident. There are different ways to cover them though.
    a. as Lala suggested, use some concealer. But that could get wiped out during the day. Depending where the marks are and what you do.
    b. use fake tattoos (temporary tattoos) to cover them. You can use henna tattoos, for example.
    c. use a permanent tattoo

I would opt for option b, since they are temporary.
    Hellobadkitty Houston [fasten my mousey hotspur]
    Sally Hanson carries this spray for covering veins . Most drug stores carry it.
Jump to Top