User Controls

There is a direct correlation between intelligence and mental illness...

WellHung Black Hole
    Folks when you have a superior capacity you have a superior Superior capacity for the bad as well as the good
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    ehehhehehehehehehehe
    Someone's giggly.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Hey OP, interesting idea. Do you have something like, say, statistics to support this claim?
    Xlite African Astronaut
    Everyone has more or less the same potential for good or evil.
    Its just a matter of circumstances.
    esbity African Astronaut
    When one area of the brain lacks, it sometimes means that other areas exceed. Take a look at some blind people, some can hear very well.

I dont understand human relationships and body language, but I sure do seem to understand some other things...
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Lanny Hey OP, interesting idea. Do you have something like, say, statistics to support this claim?

I most certainly do. But, much like you refused to answer my inbox messages to you, I'm going to refuse to post a link to the statistics. That way, I feel like I have exacted some type of Revenge upon you.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by WellHung I most certainly do. But, much like you refused to answer my inbox messages to you, I'm going to refuse to post a link to the statistics. That way, I feel like I have exacted some type of Revenge upon you.

Lol, that's a really creative way of saying you have zero evidence in support of your thesis here.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    joerell African Astronaut [twine our circinate supersymmetry]
    There is a direct correlation between WellHung and mental illness. No proof needed...he displays it every day. He now thinks Jig is his father...what next.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by Lanny Lol, that's a really creative way of saying you have zero evidence in support of your thesis here.

That's a really creative way of saying I'm a jealous, butt hurt Beta-made bitch nigga who bans people that get more attention than I do.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by WellHung That's a really creative way of saying I'm a jealous, butt hurt Beta-made bitch nigga who bans people that get more attention than I do.

Trying to shift attention to me. Another tried and true tactic to try and get out of admitting that you have zero justification for believing the bullshit topic line for this thread beyond that it would justify your own mental deficiencies.

Go ahead, keep trying to change to topic in your own thread lol.
    WellHung Black Hole
    I've seen piles of evidence that support my claim. You must be extremely uneducated if you were not aware of this information.
    every time a DHer tries to argue with lanny
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Lol, I've seen piles of evidence that you suck dick in public bathrooms. You must be pretty ignorant if you don't even know that.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Awww...is Butthurt Lil Lanny gonna slap me with another ban? Dude, just finish off that handle u started drinking on this morning and you won't even remember posting with me.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Lanny Hey OP, interesting idea. Do you have something like, say, statistics to support this claim?

Karpinski, R. I., Kinase Kolb, A. M., Tetreault, N. A., & Borowski, T. B. (2017). High intelligence: A risk factor for psychological and physiological overexcitabilities. Intelligence. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intell.2017.09
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289616303324

joerell African Astronaut [twine our circinate supersymmetry]
    High intelligence in WellHung. LMAO.🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by HTS Karpinski, R. I., Kinase Kolb, A. M., Tetreault, N. A., & Borowski, T. B. (2017). High intelligence: A risk factor for psychological and physiological overexcitabilities. Intelligence. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intell.2017.09
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289616303324

Thanks HTS for taking like the time to find something to count as evidence! This is a lot more pleasant than "I got the ebidence i just aint gonna show it".

So let's review that study. Right off the bat we can read the methodology and see the sample is mensa members with IQ test scores in the top 2% of general population. This already means _no_ finding from this paper will support the claim that "direct correlation betwen intelligence and mental illness" since it surveys only one extreme end of the intelligence spectrum.

You might think this is being pedantic but it's important because saying two values are directltly correlated implies that fixing one skews the distribution of the other. More concretely, if we accept OP's claim we'd be comitted to the conclusion that if we sample the mentally ill we'd find their intelligence was above that of the general population. This is something the paper you linked says nothing about, only that the highly intelligent have mood disorders more often than the rest of the population and the social implication of these two things are very different.

It's also worth pointing out that there's no effort to control for the bias implicit in Mensa membership. I'd be surprised if people who joined mensa _weren't_ depressed and autistic at higher rates than the general population.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Don't ever question me, Lanny.
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    All those homeless genius’ pushing shopping carts around the inner city and shitting on the sidewalk πŸ˜‚
Jump to Top