User Controls

Why isn't it easier for members to complete tasks on internet sites?

cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Not everyone is computer savvy.
    esbity African Astronaut
    Lamy needs go make a web interface that allows us to use his server to run automated tasks against other sites. Like repetitive HTTP requests with some basic logic that checks the response for specific strings.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny, needs to upgrade this site.

It appears as if an uneducated, 1st year, has developed this shit. (Did I say developed? Sorry. My bad.)
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Perhaps it's because the ADA doesn't apply to non-commercial sites and accordingly such sites are not designed with the mentally impaired in mind. I'm actually not joking, along with supporting low dexterity and screen reader users, part of the design validation process in my day job involves considering the user experience of people with like alzheimer's or whatever. Nothing super fancy, there are some guidelines like "instructions should be visible on the same page as the thing they describe" and just normal state visibility considerations you should really be thinking about before that stage, but sometimes it takes thinking like a retard to consider these things.
    Are you attempting to belittle me, Lanny?
    Haxxor Space Nigga
    Originally posted by cupocheer Are you attempting to belittle me, Lanny?

I think you’re doing a fine job of that all on your own
    Thanx Hax ... at least some members still know how to compliment others.
    Evening folks. Enjoy your weekend.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Originally posted by Lanny Perhaps it's because the ADA doesn't apply to non-commercial sites and accordingly such sites are not designed with the mentally impaired in mind. I'm actually not joking, along with supporting low dexterity and screen reader users, part of the design validation process in my day job involves considering the user experience of people with like alzheimer's or whatever. Nothing super fancy, there are some guidelines like "instructions should be visible on the same page as the thing they describe" and just normal state visibility considerations you should really be thinking about before that stage, but sometimes it takes thinking like a retard to consider these things.

I can relate to this. In building my business, I have found that when I try to think like the DUMBEST customer I could possibly ever have, is when I make things clear enough. I was told that bit of advice from my sister-in-law. Design your website so that your DUMBEST customer can understand it.

So as I design posters or signs or even social media posts for the business, I always try to keep in mind my DUMBEST customer.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Originally posted by Grimace I can relate to this. In building my business, I have found that when I try to think like the DUMBEST customer I could possibly ever have, is when I make things clear enough. I was told that bit of advice from my sister-in-law. Design your website so that your DUMBEST customer can understand it.

So as I design posters or signs or even social media posts for the business, I always try to keep in mind my DUMBEST customer.

It appears Lanny needs to dumb it down even further for Cupo.

LOL
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Grimace I can relate to this. In building my business, I have found that when I try to think like the DUMBEST customer I could possibly ever have, is when I make things clear enough. I was told that bit of advice from my sister-in-law. Design your website so that your DUMBEST customer can understand it.

Yeah, empirically I think it works. I don't think that has to mean lowest common denominator design either, often the "make it work for the dumbest user/customer" design is actually also the easiest thing for the high functioning user too. "Don't Make Me Think" was a very influential book in the UI design world with the basic thesis that easy to use things are those which require the least cognitive resources to use, and that even highly intelligent people prefer to spend less cognition on interacting with things as it allows for more focus on the task they're trying to accomplish and the floor for use by people with less cognitive resources lowers to include more possible users.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Lanny Yeah, empirically I think it works. I don't think that has to mean lowest common denominator design either, often the "make it work for the dumbest user/customer" design is actually also the easiest thing for the high functioning user too. "Don't Make Me Think" was a very influential book in the UI design world with the basic thesis that easy to use things are those which require the least cognitive resources to use, and that even highly intelligent people prefer to spend less cognition on interacting with things as it allows for more focus on the task they're trying to accomplish and the floor for use by people with less cognitive resources lowers to include more possible users.

this is how natures evolutionary mechanism and darwinism are subverted.

instead of failing at life and dying out due to their natural inability to cope with advanced technology,

enablers and nature subverters like lanny are actively removing barriers and hurdles that are meant to keep these tards from being able to survive on a technological assisted basis and attain technologically assisted procreation ...

so now these tards are thriving.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    well fucking learn how to use the web instead of complaining that its not made so a retard can just use it. i mean do you expect cars to be made so that you can just get in one and drive it away without having had any driving lessons first?

benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by NARCassist well fucking learn how to use the web instead of complaining that its not made so a retard can just use it. i mean do you expect cars to be made so that you can just get in one and drive it away without having had any driving lessons first?

yes. thats y their coming up with self driving cars.

arent your trains driverless ???

NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by benny vader this is how natures evolutionary mechanism and darwinism are subverted.

instead of failing at life and dying out due to their natural inability to cope with advanced technology,

enablers and nature subverters like lanny are actively removing barriers and hurdles that are meant to keep these tards from being able to survive on a technological assisted basis and attain technologically assisted procreation …

so now these tards are thriving.

modern medicine is doing a similar thing only with potentially much more dire consequences for our species. enabling the weaker and defective human genes to survive and go on to procreate, where natures design would not allow them to, which in turn keeps the species stronger.

benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by NARCassist modern medicine is doing a similar thing only with potentially much more dire consequences for our species. enabling the weaker and defective human genes to survive and go on to procreate, where natures design would not allow them to, which in turn keeps the species stronger.

thats already a well known fact.

but few people realize the technological aspect of it.

and the biggest of them all are the like of steve jobbs and bill gates, without them stupid people like us, both you and me and all of DH retards would never be able to come online.

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I'm going to write an app that causes your phone to deliver an electric shock every time you post about how hard something is
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by aldra I'm going to write an app that causes your phone to deliver an electric shock every time you post about how hard something is

3.7V doesnt shock.
    Benny go run some tests and electrocute yourself.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by ohfralala Benny go run some tests and electrocute yourself.

go play on the freeway.
Jump to Top