User Controls

What is responsibility, and how society is flawed in relevance to it.

Xlite African Astronaut
    Responsibility is being able to accept involvement and outcome of such.

If you fiddle with children, you should accept whatever comes from it as something that you are responsible for. If you get raped in prison, its not just because of the rapists, its also because of you. All parties involved are responsible.
    If you get hit by a car its not only the drivers fault, its also yours for being there in the first place.
    Being unaware of future events should not exclude you from taking responsibility for it <-- This is where society is at fault btw.

I was a doorman once and this chick came up to me telling me to find her purse because it had been stolen. She can tell me this, i'd like to know if there's pickpockets inside. However she didn't seem to understand that if she'd been more careful herself "not leaving the purse on her chair in the middle of a lights out club" it wouldn't have happened. Instead she stood there trying to wipe her responsibility off onto me by yelling at and provoking me, telling me i ain't doing my job even though standing there talking to her and treating her nicely was a part of my job: (service aspect)

This is where things gets interesting.
    Your thoughts are not your own. Your brain takes information from the world around it, and then mixes it together into thought.
    We think in terms and languages we didn't invent, but which were given to us by our society.
    We copy emotional response from our parents. The dread of death also comes from their fear of disease and attitude towards funerals and corpses.
    We send our kids to be educated by other children.
    As kids and adults we mirror ourselves in the people we hang with, we mimic their behavior, their speech, their opinions, and often even their judgemental views.

So, it turns out there's much more to it. It would seem as if society is at fault. Not the people themselves as they are merely a product of society.

Now the issue:
    We can't actually sue society because you became a drunk, horsefucking wife beater. Even though you are a product of society, society will not take responsibility for you. It will place you in the chair. Judge you and punish you accordingly for being what it turned you into.

So what the fuck do we do? And that ain't an easy question.
    Even if we presume to have solutions the world would still have to be in fire before people will actually get up and do something.

1: People needs to be properly educated on responsibility
    2: Society needs to prioritize research on child behavior and how the world around influences them, strive to prevent debilitating events "not all struggle". But assuming we figure out what makes a bad kid, we shouldn't have a hard time figuring out how to make the opposite. Future parents also needs proper education and graduation before being allowed to breed, with checkups throughout the child's life.
    3:Society needs to get rid of symptom treatment. If people are brought up under the right circumstances we can safely assume they will be a functioning member of society and so we won't have a shitloads of adults to treat for some made up illness or other psychological issues
    4: I don't fucking know, i'm out.

tl;dr: You will need an average of 100-150 iq to read and understand what i'm talking about.
    Additionally you will need some fucks to give.
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Lite -- you began your discussion quite well and then you trapped yourself in your own dissertation.

I'd be interested in reading your opinion again after you re-evaluate and re-post a corrected narrative.

Thank you for a partial thought inducing theory, however.
    Pretty much what she said ^

You used the word ain’t twice, gave up on your own thought process, and have horrible sentence structure. Nobody needs an above average IQ to understand that you’re basically grappling with the concept of nature vs nurture. You need a higher IQ to more clearly make your point, which is a point that’s been debated since the beginning of civilization.
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    This OP is exactly why I quit smoking weed.
    Relatively speaking, OP has potential, that is exhibted. However, the OP must set aside their own opinion of their particular worth.

Do I need to clarify further?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Bologna Nacho This OP is exactly why I quit smoking weed.

lol, I can see tangents where it looks like he's referring back to a thought he had before but didn't actually include
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    None of your suggestions are really possible in current western society though; it'd require a complete re-evaluation.

1. personal responsibility (to a degree) is actively discouraged because insurance is big business
    2. you're essentially replacing variable (chance of good to bad) parents with a state-enforced constant quality... that's determined by those same variable people that could be good or bad parents.
    3. many psychological issues are endemic to the way we live - to treat them at the source rather than symptomatically would likely mean the end of large cities and many 'modern lifestyles'.
    I didnt do.it! Dont think you can make me responsible for it.
    Xlite African Astronaut
    Originally posted by cupocheer Lite – you began your discussion quite well and then you trapped yourself in your own dissertation.

I'd be interested in reading your opinion again after you re-evaluate and re-post a corrected narrative.

Thank you for a partial thought inducing theory, however.

Your welcome.

Originally posted by ohfralala Nobody needs an above average IQ to understand that you’re basically grappling with the concept of nature vs nurture.

I'm not grappling with anything. I made some observations and decided to bring em up.
    Then i got tired.

Originally posted by ohfralala horrible sentence structure.

You're really hurting my feels, like really. I'm sitting here crying now cuz u dun did it.
    Bue hue, bue hue hue. Its a good day when self proclaimed intellects like yourself fails to actually provide anything constructive. It makes you realize you're not that smart.

Originally posted by ohfralala You need a higher IQ to more clearly make your point, which is a point that’s been debated since the beginning of civilization.

Which of my points?
    Since when exactly?
    How much higher iq?
    Who's been debating it?
    Which part of what i'm talking about has been debated, and what is the general consensus?
    Whats wrong with ain't?

Originally posted by Bologna Nacho This OP is exactly why I quit smoking weed.

It feels good though, man.

Originally posted by aldra None of your suggestions are really possible in current western society though; it'd require a complete re-evaluation.

1. personal responsibility (to a degree) is actively discouraged because insurance is big business
    2. you're essentially replacing variable (chance of good to bad) parents with a state-enforced constant quality… that's determined by those same variable people that could be good or bad parents.
    3. many psychological issues are endemic to the way we live - to treat them at the source rather than symptomatically would likely mean the end of large cities and many 'modern lifestyles'.

With my points i'm assuming we have enough research, knowledge and wisdom at our disposal if we were ever to begin such a process. Obviously i'm not expecting anything i say here to give any results. However, if i can by writing give someone an idea or inspiration then i've dun my part.

The alternative is to just leave things the way they are, which is what we're gonna anyway. I'm interested in solutions, implementing them though? I couldn't give a fuck about that entire process.
Jump to Top