User Controls

What to listen for in Neutral Milk Hotel?

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I got through In the Aeroplane Over the Sea this morning to see what the fuss is about. The presentation was simple but the melodies were unconventional in a lot of instances. Beyond that and the lyrical choices, I'm not sure what to make of this. Can anybody with a more seasoned taste help me out?
    blaster master victim of incest
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by blaster master What you should listen for is all the homo erotic messages Jeff Magnum wrote into. King of CARROT Flowers lol.

The "mountain tops" are anne frank's tits dude, everyone knows that
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Also IDK, it was kind of a gateway album for a lot of people. The noisy clipped guitar and accordion drones kinda anticipated a popularization of noise and drone elements being used in more conventional genres. While it's a pretty /mu/-centric view I've seen the argument that ITAOTS was a roundabout influence on Death Grips' early to mid 2010s output. Like it seems kinda ridiculous idea and maybe suggesting a causative link isn't justified it does seem like there's a significant shared listenership there and on a production level there are some interesting similarities there.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top