User Controls

When respect for diversity is taken to crazy extremes

Red_Woman African Astronaut
    I fully agree with this.

The idea of “cultural appropriation” is a dubious, harmful concept. Bin it
    https://www.economist.com/open-future/2018/05/15/when-respect-for-diversity-is-taken-to-crazy-extremes?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/

Had the Met gala opted for an Islamic theme (say, “Arabian Nights: Magic and Islam”), accusations of appropriation would have surely followed. This year Jared Leto, an actor, dressed as Jesus; had he dressed as Muhammad, even if in a plain and historically accurate thobe and turban, he would provoke all manner of disgust and denunciation. One can conjure any number of nightmare scenarios for galas themed around Judaism, blackness or, say, Aztecs—none of whom remain alive to be offended—no matter how sartorially sensitive the dresses.

That is because cultural appropriation is less about cultural disrespect or intolerance—for which much clearer terminology already exists—than about reinforcing the oppressor-oppressed binary through which social-justice advocates see the world. Because Christians and whites are groups deemed to have power, all manner of borrowing or parody is intolerable. And the inverse gets a free pass: nobody is upset when Asians wear European clothes, for instance.
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    Sjw’s are the worst

Cry baby,spoiled,Angry little brats.

I want my speedy Gonzales back!
    Red_Woman African Astronaut
    Who's speedy Gonzales? lol
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    And the inverse gets a free pass: nobody is upset when Asians wear European clothes, for instance.

this is not true.

i get upset all day every day when they dont allow me to wear my traditional cloth.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    apt Tuskegee Airman
    The author of this post has returned to nothingness
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    its cool to be victims these days.
    Madman African Astronaut
    being emo died like 10 years ago, stop wearing black everyday you stupid negros
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Madman being emo died like 10 years ago, stop wearing black everyday you stupid negros

its not like they can change their skins,

can they ???
    Originally posted by benny vader its cool to be victims these days.

It’s a form of attention for narcissists with no personnel pride

It helps defer from personnel responsibilty in many instances
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Madman must be talking to the Jigaboo.

He claims to wear black every day.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Archer513 It’s a form of attention for narcissists with no personnel pride

It helps defer from personnel responsibilty in many instances

who cares ???

attentions gained are attentions.

irregardless of bow it came by.
    itybit African Astronaut [daze my amino pe-tsai]
    What are SJW's?
    Madman African Astronaut
    SJW's are social justice warriors and they will achieve justice through blood for EVERY MICROAGGRESSION EVER COMMITTED.
    Madman African Astronaut
    Originally posted by benny vader its not like they can change their skins,

can they ???

Well no buts its still pretty lame, I bet they all listen to ICP
    itybit African Astronaut [daze my amino pe-tsai]
    Thanks Madman
    Madman African Astronaut
    Fur real tho, I'm sick of all these native americans and blacks appropriating my refined metal.

If your culture is good enough for somebody to copy it that is a compliment and it is how cultures have worked since the beginning.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by apt Can someone explain the psychology behind SJWism and the west's current obsession with diversity and identity politics?

Yeah, the basic premise is that being "socially aware and sensitive to others plight" means you are better educated and a better human than those of us who want anyone that's a fucking weirdo dead.

It's "cool" to be kind to faggots etc...that's they mentality of your average SJW...it's all really based on self promotion.

"Im better than you because I care" etc.

Bunch of faggot shit.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Boo 👍🏻

A sense of grandiose moral superiority.

Pumping up the Id and the ego,and protecting the fragile psyche.

Sjw’s are generally losers in life. A generation of entitled brats who were told they were special. The realization that they’re not is hard on their psyche and their lack coping skills.

It’s also sheeple,herd mentality. The whole libtard thing. The movie stars do it,so it’s cool.
    Originally posted by Archer513 Boo 👍🏻

A sense of grandiose moral superiority.

Yup. Archer said it nicer than me.
Jump to Top