User Controls

How did/do you look for a job?, motivation, effort, reward.

Alright so my mom is starting to get sick of my bullshit, I have done absolutely nothing all summer for the last 60 days. I'm supposed to get a job in the next 2 weeks or I'm out for good.

All I do is abuse drugs, drink coffee until it hurts, scrape bong resin, play video games and TRIPLE PAGE FLUSH shitpost ALL DAY. I have even gotten into the habit of posting on reddit (I'm banned from all the good sub's) and looking at Facebook (I'm permabanned from interacting in any way) They are the two biggest cesspools on the internet.
    If you have a job, how did you get it?. Did you apply for 10 jobs a day and apply lots of effort towards that goal or if you just sat around all day like me, what did you do?.

I haven't looked at a single job ad all summer. If you are unemployed how do you spend your days?.

A good resume helps a lot.

I, well, I dunno, I just quit two good paying jobs within the past 4 months because they pissed me off. I have a lot of connections so I had an interview today and I'll probably start at my new job on the first of september.

I wasn't working for 3 years straight and only did street shit, picked my shit up and sent out about 50 applications. It was hard at first because I was too honest but then I realized that perception is reality and stepped my game up. Now, once I get an interview I usually get the job. I weasle my way in like a snake.

What kinda job are we talking about?
    Anything really, I don't even have a resume lol.
    Are you a good eye to eye liar? You'd probably have to be good at that and faking a resume to get a good job but that's actually pretty easy.

If you want a a Bill Krozby level job, maybe go around and ask for it straight up. Try to not look like shit, though. You'll be forced to be a low wage slave that way, though.
    Yeah I'm a great bullshit artist, I'm not looking for anything too fancy just a big box retail stockroom type thing. I would be happy working at Walmart or IKEA but they are so corporate I just can't worm my way into a place like that. There's also hundreds of other people looking for the same job.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Most people hate it but you can usually get a job working in a kitchen almost anywhere. Cooks have one of the highest turnover rates so places are always looking. Washing dishes is fun if you can listen to music- it's easy, just very repetitive. Pizza places can be fun too. No matter what, you're gonna have to actually 'work' at these places, but if you can find a groove and do your thing, you can get used to it and it's not that bad. The first few days/weeks will always suck because you're not used to working and all of it will seem shitty. It's a matter of sticking around for a little while and getting accustomed to the job. Once it becomes routine, it's never as bad as it is to begin with.
    By listening to this verse.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Just do this.

Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Make looking for a job your job. During normal work hours, do several activities related to your job search. Apply to at LEAST two jobs per day. Do some networking and talk to people. When you apply to a place, follow up.

For my very first job, I applied at several entry level places. Then I would go back and talk to the manager. At one place, which ended up being my first job, I caught up with the general manager after checking a couple times. He grabbed my application and said let's go talk. He told me that with so many applications lately, he doesn't even look at them unless they follow up with him. We talked for a bit, which I guess was an impromptu interview, and he hired me on the spot. I went back that same day to start my first shift.

Could give more tips, but that'll do.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    ^this... just make a day out of it.. it sucks but you gotta do it. plus you can do a lot online
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Front page flush ♣♠♥♦
    For my very first job, I applied at several entry level places. Then I would go back and talk to the manager. At one place, which ended up being my first job, I caught up with the general manager after checking a couple times. He grabbed my application and said let's go talk. He told me that with so many applications lately, he doesn't even look at them unless they follow up with him. We talked for a bit, which I guess was an impromptu interview, and he hired me on the spot. I went back that same day to start my first shift.

What was the job?.
    I just got a call for a job offer. Could start on monday.

That's the ultimate point you want to reach. That once people know you're on the market again they come to you.

If I can do it, you can do it, too. Just keep on hustling no matter what.

My first job was welding trash containers. I have wiped old peoples' asses. I have worked on a field with Polish seasonal workers, cutting and planting. I've done a lot of dogshit jobs. Now I run shit. I'm at a point where I could wear a Hawaiian shirt and flip flops to an interview and I'd still get the job because I have a reputation of fixing things fast and making it rain mullah, nigga.

How many places have you been to since you started this thread? Phone calls, emails etc. What have you done?
    What was the job?.

Cook at a fast food joint.

Also, even if you are just going in to apply, dress yourself so that you don't look like you came off the streets. Look presentable as if you were going to have an interview. Find out what the normal dress code is (not counting uniforms) and dress one step above that. If it's casual (jeans and the like), dress business casual (khakis/slacks and a collared shirt). If it's business casual, dress business professional (wear a tie or a jacket with the tie optional). If it's business professional, then avoid khakis and wear a jacket along with your tie.

Based on what you said, I would put you in khakis and a golf shirt or polo shirt. No tennis shoes. The point is don't overdress, but look like you have something to offer them and they would be proud to have customers see you. Even if you wouldn't be interacting much with customers.
    I don't even own a pair of jeans lol. I also just woke up and its 12pm, watched a trump rally, feeling good.

How the fuck do you job search while sober?. Its so damn boring. If I had money I would go out and buy some jeans and alcohol and actually look for work.

Too bad my government is a failure though, a $300 loan that I can pay back, not even welfare just some kind of temporary assistance would help me out so much.

My mom is retarded though and refuses to sign any paperwork with government on it, just like my dad. They are both fucking idiots and just expect me to get a high paying job when all my clothes are 4 years old and I don't even have money to take the bus. All I need is for one parent to say I'm renting a room off them and I would get $500?! EVERY MONTH.

Nope fuck that though, that's "too easy" (that's literally what my mom said). I don't even care if I get kicked out anymore. I will do what I did in January and apply for welfare as a homeless person, get only $200 a month and blow it all on drugs and alcohol. There are heroin addicts and sick old homeless people that get more dole money than me.

But I'm just an unemployed youth so fuck me I guess, I'm literally the bottom rung of society, nobody gives a fuck if I die. Even criminals that steal for a living are doing better than me, just because they aren't young.

Nobody has it worse than me.
    You claim all kinds of street shit but you can't steal a pair of jeans? Dude, you're a fuckboi.

You haven't done shit and blame everyone around you. Keep making excuses and maybe one day when I visit the US (first class flight) I'll walk past by you sitting on the street and I'll have the chance to spit in the hat laying infront of you and kick your fucking face in.

Donald Trump will gas street rats like you within 3 months of being elected.
    I know its all on me it just pisses me off that everyone else has money and I don't, and its government derp dollars. I actually applied for some places today and bought a pair of kahaki pants.
    You claim all kinds of street shit but you can't steal a pair of jeans? Dude, you're a fuckboi.

You haven't done shit and blame everyone around you. Keep making excuses and maybe one day when I visit the US (first class flight) I'll walk past by you sitting on the street and I'll have the chance to spit in the hat laying infront of you and kick your fucking face in.

Donald Trump will gas street rats like you within 3 months of being elected.

Lol he's Canadian you artard. And Donald trump won't win, you know very little about geo-politics and American history I can tell. You big derpadew1
    I know its all on me it just pisses me off that everyone else has money and I don't, and its government derp dollars. I actually applied for some places today and bought a pair of kahaki pants.

kahakis suck, but you gotta do what you gotta do what you gotta do. I quit my job because I hate kahkis. I'm going to try and work at this bar/ pizza place down the street. And if that doesn't work, I'm just going to apply at every bar In Austin until I get hired.

Good job man. I was about to get pissed off and say something like we can't help you if you can't help yourself, but I see you're putting out some effort.

One of the best things I learned early in life is that no one is going to look out for me better than me. Don't count on anyone to take care of you, especially the government.

It starts with a goal. Figure out what you want in life. Then figure out what it would take to get what you want. Then chart out the steps it would take to do the things to achieve that goal.

You're on the right path. Don't let us down now.
Jump to Top