User Controls

We have a moral obligation to try and save a person who's drowning.

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    So says grolsch of the comment section. Most others disagree and say it's best to just let them die because you'll probably die too if you try and save em..

I don't know man if it was someone I loved I don't think I could resist trying to save them even if it was unlikely. I just couldn't fucking watch someone drown and not do anything, even if doing something is possibly a death sentence for me too.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=CNRna_1530054606
    It depends on the circumstances surrounding the situation. If I was in the drowning person's shoes and would genuinely judge it as being fair for me not to help them (because it was too risky etc), then I'd go with that, or the opposite. Going counter to that judgement would make me immoral. If I was far away from shore and the person was a child, I wouldn't want them to endanger themselves trying to help me, for example.
    EllariaSand African Astronaut
    all comes down to your interpretation

Scrawny The 👻 Houston (banned) [tame my contributory fire-wheel]
    cucked.

Humans don't have gills so don't in the water dumb fuck. I can't swim so if I saw someone drowning I would just make memes, im not risking my life for some fucking gay fish

Lanny Bird of Courage
    I thought this was going to be a Singer drowning child thread.

But yeah, the lake situation is fucked. Just grab that nigga from behind, he can't "pull you down" then and unless you can't swim there's no risk of you drowning in a small lake. Something like getting caught in a strong current is different though.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    not if they're goyim
    itybit African Astronaut [daze my amino pe-tsai]
    I'd have to try and do something if I was close enough to help
    A johnson brother was drowning in the river, the first jumped in to save his brother, then the second to save the first, then the third, till all 5 Johnson boys drowned in the river. Poor Johnson boys.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by DietPiano A johnson brother was drowning in the river, the first jumped in to save his brother, then the second to save the first, then the third, till all 5 Johnson boys drowned in the river. Poor Johnson boys.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by mmQ I don't know man if it was someone I loved I don't think I could resist trying to save them even if it was unlikely. I just couldn't fucking watch someone drown and not do anything

Yeah I couldn’t sit back and watch either.

Except...

There’s a scene in Under the Skin where the family dog drowns in an ocean so the Mom runs in after the dog, then the Father runs in after the Mom...they all drown. They leave behind a baby by itself on the beach. I think I would have had to let the dog drown, unfortunately, but I honestly don’t know how I’d react in that situation.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by ohfralala Yeah I couldn’t sit back and watch either.

Except…

There’s a scene in Under the Skin where the family dog drowns in an ocean so the Mom runs in after the dog, then the Father runs in after the Mom…they all drown. They leave behind a baby by itself on the beach. I think I would have had to let the dog drown, unfortunately, but I honestly don’t know how I’d react in that situation.

Right which is why I find it interesting.

Of course it doesn't have to be drowning but it could be any scenario where someone is dying and yiu have the means to try and save them. Obviously you should weigh the risk/reward but at the same time, you're probably gonna try to save someone you really love even if it's high risk.

But if it's a stranger, do we no longer care as much, even though of course that person likely has someone that loves them so dearly they would try to save them if they were there.

So it boils down to value or whatever. I think this subject is far more intriguing than the meat VS vegetables subject.
    Item 9 African Astronaut
    Throw them something that floats and call it good, if they drown before you can find anything, well... you tried.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Item 9 Throw them something that floats and call it good, if they drown before you can find anything, well… you tried.

That's not even a troll it's a good thing to do.
    mikeyagain African Astronaut [unalterably regard the persecutor]
    I hate them thrashing bitches.. I have my hair to think about..
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Your hair looks like a faggots ass hair after a good ROMPING
    Scrawny The 👻 Houston (banned) [tame my contributory fire-wheel]
    Originally posted by Item 9 Throw them something that floats and call it good, if they drown before you can find anything, well… you tried.

I'm not getting close to the water and risking falling in and drowning.
    Originally posted by mmQ But if it's a stranger, do we no longer care as much, even though of course that person likely has someone that loves them so dearly they would try to save them if they were there.

I would try to save a stranger but that’s just me.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Scrawny The 👻 I'm not getting close to the water and risking falling in and drowning.

canadians can't swim lol. noobs.
    Originally posted by Lanny canadians can't swim lol. noobs.

Why would they need to swim? They can simply walk, skate and play hockey on water.

I'll concede that it has to be frozen first.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Just before you save them you have to knock them out, so just grab a chunk of wood or a good rock on the way in.
Jump to Top