User Controls

what is a job that I could get that I could learn woodworking/metalworking skills?

I'm watching all these DIY videos on youtube of arduino controlled lightshows and shit and as far as my electronic skills I'm set but I don't have much experience with working with my hands and creating actual object. They use tools and materials I've never used and I'd like to work somewhere for a little bit just to see if I could learn some shit.
    Enterita African Astronaut
    prisoner to nazi meth distributors, forcing yourself to imagine yourself as a woodworker to escape to a better place

boy, what did this forum do without me?
    WellHung Black Hole
    You need to learn the skills before you can get the job son.... you got it backwards.
    Originally posted by WellHung You need to learn the skills before you can get the job son…. you got it backwards.

you're tripping, i'm a white male, i've literally never been denied a job i've applied for except for once when i was 16 and my dad made me wear these stupid dress up shoes to the interview and i told him it looked dumb but he was like NO THEY'LL THINK UR PROFESSIONAL LOL and the dude literally mocked me for wearing them
    joerell African Astronaut [twine our circinate supersymmetry]
    Don't listen to WH...he's psychotic. I knew a guy who had the same interest and started in basic cabinet making. He improved and moved to entertainment and began building props for movie sets. Now he works for musicians and creates specialized stage work for various bands when needed. Not sure if it still exists, but there is a school in Cali which specializes in this and with guaranteed jobs if you finish.
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Cat burglar?
    apt Tuskegee Airman
    nigger
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    If you are already familiar with electrical work, you might try getting into HVAC work. You need to utilize skills in electricity, troubleshooting, soldering, brazing, the refrigerant cycle, plumbing, installation, repair and replacement, customer relations and service, etc., etc.

It is one of the most "Jack of all trades" jobs there is. You can eventually start and run your own company if you wanted. The downside is being "on call" and never knowing when your day will end. There will also be 60 plus hour weeks in 100 degree weather and almost no work at other times. You also need to be able to save money for the slow times.

You can go to a trade school at night while working for an HVAC company. The schools usually last two years.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Look up welding and fabrication shops, go bang on doors and they will let you sweep the floor and start grinding welds.

As far as learning woodworking, not saying they don't exist but the only "woodworking" jobs I can think of are like assembly line style stuff slamming cabinets together where you don't learn so much. Like the highly skilled woodworker that can build awesome one-off pieces or something from plans? I dunno about getting into that.

Edit;
    If you are just looking for hobby skills and not a career, welding or woodshop classes at community college
    Originally posted by A College Professor Look up welding and fabrication shops, go bang on doors and they will let you sweep the floor and start grinding welds.

As far as learning woodworking, not saying they don't exist but the only "woodworking" jobs I can think of are like assembly line style stuff slamming cabinets together where you don't learn so much. Like the highly skilled woodworker that can build awesome one-off pieces or something from plans? I dunno about getting into that.

Edit;
    If you are just looking for hobby skills and not a career, welding or woodshop classes at community college

Do these types of places usually drug test?
    Ghost Black Hole
    I used to be a wood finisher
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    they teach you these things in prisons.

arbeit makes free.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Literally walk up on a construction site and ask for the Foreman and then ask if they're hiring. You'll start as a laborer. It's hard work, but if you're a hard worker, truly dedicated to learning the trade, you'll work your way up until someone takes you under their wing. That's literally how it always happens.

Source: I used to be a brick mason prior to opening my electronic repair business. I started out as a laborer, hauling blocks and bricks and shoveling "mud" (mortar). Someone took me under their wing and I began laying the brick. Commercial masonry, mostly, but residential too.
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    YouTube
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Grimace Source: I used to be a brick mason (male prostitute) prior to opening my electronic repair business. I started out as a laborer (bottom bitch), hauling blocks (deep throat) and bricks (anal) and shoveling "mud" (mortar (getting fisted)). Someone took me under their wing (by gay mafia) and I began laying the brick (becoming a male madame). Commercial masonry (street corner), mostly, but residential too (house calls).

close captioned
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top