User Controls

Asians have understood and mastered the American Dream

I am strictly talking about east Asians, not South Asians, AKA Indians and Pakis.

Asian American families are fucking rocking at middle class attainment.

Of course it varies from family to family, person to person, but these are general observations.

Unlike the stereotype with Chinese families, which is true to some extent, Asians have very reasonable expectations and understand family values, and how they help their families prosper.

They are very focused on becoming small business owners, and encourage it as a legitimate pathway to success and prosperity. Many Asian families are centered around their own small business; the entire family might work in the business and make their living there. When the younger generation become adults, they become contributors to and beneficiaries of their business. What better way to breed work ethic and genuine concern for your business's well being... Than to make you a part of it, both financially and through family ties.

As a result no, they don't live in giant mansions all the time, but these families can in fact afford to send their kids to expensive schools, because they bank on exactly that. Some of these Asians do in fact go on to become highly successful lawyers. Some of them don't, but they don't generally fall into complete ruin. Why? A solid family structure and family business for everyone to fall back on and act as a little safety net.

As a result, they have managed to maximize their upsides and minimize their downsides as far as upward mobility is concerned. It's almost never negative for Asians unless you are already looking at people who are at the top of the food chain. They're basically all able to come out punching to be a millionaire out of college, and if they don't... They can still live a pretty comfortable life.
    Vigilante Yung Blood
    I can attest to the stereotype to describe, in my own observation of Asian families within my locale. It's hard for me to put myself in their shoes considering most of the Asian foreigners I'm familiar with had immigrated here to pursue their fortune, whilst my lifelong goal of moving to their side of the world is nearly in reach. Their strong family structure is very apparent, in that all generations actively work together for the benefit of the unit. Reflecting on my own family and upbringing.. My family tried, but honestly.. dysfunctional as fuck. Not to undersell the Asians though, it's not that their dedication towards upward mobility comes without sacrifice, they often work tirelessly. They're understanding that life = work is on a level that, atleast in my opinion, eclipses that of Americans.
Jump to Top