User Controls

lol, wiggers were actually a thing.

NARCassist gollums fat coach

The Uyghur Khaganate (or Uyghur Empire or Uighur Khaganate or Toquz Oghuz Country) (Modern Uyghur: ئورخۇن ئۇيغۇر خانلىقى), (Tang era names, with modern Hanyu Pinyin: traditional Chinese: 回鶻; simplified Chinese: 回鹘; pinyin: Huíhú or traditional Chinese: 回紇; simplified Chinese: 回纥; pinyin: Huíhé) was a Turkic empire[7] that existed for about a century between the mid 8th and 9th centuries. They were a tribal confederation under the Orkhon Uyghur (回鶻) nobility, referred to by the Chinese as the Jiu Xing ("Nine Clans"), a calque of the name Toquz Oghuz or Toquz Tughluq.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_Khaganate
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    I wonder if any wiggers were sold during the slavery days.
    we real Uyghurs from FAR EAST SIDE

Yeah, that's not correct. I took a Chinese history/culture class and my teacher from beijing/shanghai pronounced it oui-gealrs. I've never heard it pronounced wiggers.

If a chinese word sounds like it has an r to you, you're hearing it wrong.
    Originally posted by gumbo Yeah, that's not correct. I took a Chinese history/culture class and my teacher from beijing/shanghai pronounced it oui-gealrs. I've never heard it pronounced wiggers.

oh right, you took a class and now you're a fucking expert, lol.

so what, you got like a degree with honors and shit yeah?

benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by gumbo Yeah, that's not correct. I took a Chinese history/culture class and my teacher from beijing/shanghai pronounced it oui-gealrs. I've never heard it pronounced wiggers.

阿明
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Do.Chinese keyboards have like, 6 million keys?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by NARCassist oh right, you took a class and now you're a fucking expert, lol.

so what, you got like a degree with honors and shit yeah?

No, it's just common knowledge that uyguhr doesn't sound anything like wigger. There are still uyguhrs you know. It's not like nobody uses that word. All you have to do is watch literally anything with them in it and you will be able to tell.
    Originally posted by RisiR † Do.Chinese keyboards have like, 6 million keys?

They utilize prediction systems to guess what pinyin you're trying to use.

Like if you type in 'nar' with english characters you'll get both 哪儿 and 那儿 as suggestions and then you just pick.

I have a Chinese keyboard for when I talk to my chinese friends or do papers and it's pretty fucking irritating. Horribly convoluted language compared to English. Mao should've scrapped the characters altogether if he wanted to make it easier for the working man to read. Instead, the Chinese implemented English into Chinese to make it better.

Dey shud just spek england
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    ^

Originally posted by benny vader ^

I like how you've stopped trying to do anything but facepalm because I have continually proven that you have no idea what you're talking about. Literally posting the Chinese name of a former Ugandan president as... evidence? Do you understand that Ugandans are not the same as Uyghurs? Different continents, Benny.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by gumbo I like how you've stopped trying to do anything but facepalm because I have continually proven that you have no idea what you're talking about. Literally posting the Chinese name of a former Ugandan president as… evidence? Do you understand that Ugandans are not the same as Uyghurs? Different continents, Benny.

whats the chinese word for 'arab' ???
    Go up to a Uighur and crack the joke that they're a Wigger. I dare you Nancy.
    Originally posted by benny vader whats the chinese word for 'arab' ???

阿拉伯人
    Originally posted by jedi.Goldstein Go up to a Uighur and crack the joke that they're a Wigger. I dare you Nancy.

Wouldn't work. Firstly, because most uyghurs don't know what a wigger is. Secondly, because Narc is too uncultured to even pronounce uyghur, let alone meet one.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by gumbo If a chinese word sounds like it has an r to you, you're hearing it wrong.

Originally posted by gumbo 阿拉伯

rr - larr - perg

smh.

Originally posted by benny vader smh.

Lol, you clearly have never studied Chinese in even the slightest. Which wouldn't be an issue were you not trying to correct me on mine.

Google this: ɻ

It is not an 'R' sound. It is a cross between L and R, and it's why so many Asians have trouble with R sounds, and it's basically how you'd pronounce an English R if you were really, really hammered. English speakers also have a hard time differentiating between ɻ and R, but if you study an Asian language you will eventually pick up on it.

Even in Northern China it is not a full R sound. You do not curl your tongue for it like you would for the hard R in wigger. You keep it mostly flat and pressed to the roof of your mouth.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by gumbo Even in Northern China it is not a full R sound. You do not curl your tongue for it like you would for the hard R in wigger. You keep it mostly flat and pressed to the roof of your mouth.

o, you mean like 人, for ren.

and btw, we can pronounce r just fine provided that you use l in place of r and vicey versay.
    Originally posted by gumbo Lol, you clearly have never studied Chinese in even the slightest. Which wouldn't be an issue were you not trying to correct me on mine.

Google this: ɻ

It is not an 'R' sound. It is a cross between L and R, and it's why so many Asians have trouble with R sounds, and it's basically how you'd pronounce an English R if you were really, really hammered. English speakers also have a hard time differentiating between ɻ and R, but if you study an Asian language you will eventually pick up on it.

Even in Northern China it is not a full R sound. You do not curl your tongue for it like you would for the hard R in wigger. You keep it mostly flat and pressed to the roof of your mouth.

wrong

Tonghe Wang, worked at The New York Times (2012-2016)
    Answered Nov 27, 2017

From a descriptivist standing point, the widely accepted English pronunciation is [ ˈwiːɡər]. But I don’t like it and it has a different meaning in informal context.

This word is read natively as [wiː ’ɣʊr] by the Uyghur people. But this voiced velar fricative [ɣ] is hard to pronounce for most non-Uyghur people.

My professor pronounce it as [wiː ’gʊr], which, in my opinion, is a good approximation.

Listen: pronouncing-uyghur.mp3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/860882m537a6jo4/pronouncing-uyghur.mp3?dl=0

https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-pronounce-Uyghur

i'd trust her better than i'd trust your knowledge on the subject golm

benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by NARCassist wrong

i'd trust her better than i'd trust your knowledge on the subject golm

the actual pronunciation is

huey.
Jump to Top