User Controls

Society has gone fucking nuts.

Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/active-shooter-video-game-prompts-outrage-amid-spate-school-shootings-n878156

A video game.

Seriously?

WTF.

Active shooter video game.
    Don't give a fuck but thanks for sharing to all our fellow niggas here.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Postal has been around for a lot longer.

Society isn't going nuts. Society is what makes people go nuts.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    the exact same thing happened with the columbine video game like 10 years ago
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    but people are society

Originally posted by NARCassist but people are society

People are people. Society is a system dreamed up by people. A system which will continue to narrow the sphere of human freedom.

Freedom means being in control of the life and death issues of one’s existence; food, clothing, shelter and defense against whatever threats there may be in one’s environment. Freedom means having power; not the power to control other people but the power to control the circumstances of one’s own life. One does not have freedom if anyone else (especially a large organization) has power over one, no matter how benevolently, tolerantly and permissively that power may be exercised.

It is said that we live in a free society because we have a certain number of constitutionally guaranteed rights. But these are not as important as they seem. The degree of personal freedom that exists in a society is determined more by the economic and technological structure of the society than by its laws or its form of government.

Constitutional rights are useful up to a point, but they do not serve to guarantee much more than what might be called the bourgeois conception of freedom. According to the bourgeois conception, a “free” man is essentially an element of a social machine and has only a certain set of prescribed and delimited freedoms; freedoms that are designed to serve the needs of the social machine more than those of the individual. Thus the bourgeois’s “free” man has economic freedom because that promotes growth and progress; he has freedom of the press because public criticism restrains misbehavior by political leaders; he has a right to a fair trial because imprisonment at the whim of the powerful would be bad for the system.

It should not be assumed that a person has enough freedom just because he says he has enough. Freedom is restricted in part by psychological controls of which people are unconscious, and moreover many people’s ideas of what constitutes freedom are governed more by social convention than by their real needs. For example, it’s likely that many leftists of the oversocialized type would say that most people, including themselves, are socialized too little rather than too much, yet the oversocialized leftist pays a heavy psychological price for his high level of socialization.
    I know, reading is hard:

Someone stole my idea
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Maybe a guy who went to live in the woods alone and started bombing people isn't the best authority on society? not that his perspective wasn't interesting.
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    I am a free man unencumbered by the farming machine,, other than my income and property taxes but that aint even payin some rich cocksuckers mortgage for a month
    Originally posted by Nil Maybe a guy who went to live in the woods alone and started bombing people isn't the best authority on society? not that his perspective wasn't interesting.

Argue the argument not the man who wrote it.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm?noredirect=on

I'll have to read that one day.
    Originally posted by Rock_N_Rollover https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm?noredirect=on

I'll have to read that one day.

Maybe after you read it you won't think society is falling apart and will instead want it to fall apart.
    Originally posted by Obbe Argue the argument not the man who wrote it.

I can't. I don't believe in freedom. the whole concept whatever way it's defined always seems flawed to me. I took issue with "society is dreamed up" which is clearly not the case at least the way it's defined in the dictionary.
    Originally posted by Nil I can't. I don't believe in freedom. the whole concept whatever way it's defined always seems flawed to me. I took issue with "society is dreamed up" which is clearly not the case at least the way it's defined in the dictionary.

You know what, I actually think I agree with you. Freedom is impossible. It's all inevitable. We are going to lose our humanity, ourselves becoming engineered products as we work towards building God. I think Kaczynski didn't need to make the effort.

What do you think about that video?
    It might be easier to name a group or person that you think has absolute freedom. If you can’t do that then...
    BeigeWarlock African Astronaut
    Is it coincidence that they are releasing it June 6th. 6/6

these are sick selfish and soulless people.

Put them down. Put them all down
    Originally posted by Obbe What do you think about that video?

It's use of the farm analogy is pretty overbearing but gets the idea across I guess. That said I don't think The State is intentional, so to speak. It's an inheritance now, like agriculture. The techniques of power have been getting refined for centuries toward ever greater control, tracking and mobilisation of the human cattle. I guess I agree with it but wish it was a bit more aloof and not as propaganda-y?

Fuck ANTIFA.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1034052659538472960
    https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/09/01/southern-poverty-law-center-our-aim-in-life-is-to-destroy-these-groups-completely/

The SPLC "mortally embarrasses" groups by equating mainstream conservative, Christian, and other organizations with the Ku Klux Klan and white supremacists.

Make no mistake, this is not a "hate group monitoring" organization, it's a far-Left defamation racket that exists to target any group it disagrees with politically.

Jump to Top