User Controls

Best song out of the 70s

BeigeWarlock African Astronaut
    As far as Folk-Rock goes.

(Synopsis): A Canadian Man moves to San Francisco to make it in the 60-70s "San Francisco Rock Scene" and buys a farm from an old man, in the mountains of the San Francisco Peninsula. The rest is music history

Post your best 70s Folks Rock (generally a soft-blues style)

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Another great Live version of one of his songs

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!

or

There were so many tho...
    Oops. Sorry bdubbs. I missed the genre of folks rock in the OP.
    Bread | Guitar Man

Neil Young | Harvest Moon
    the pat-man Tuskegee Airman [overshadow that snuff-brown nestling]
    anyone else not a fan of dylan? maybe you had to be around back then but i dont get it. he wrote some good songs but as a performer he sounds like an angtsy untalented jedi.
    Madman African Astronaut

This might be from the sixties or some other time but it is definitely soft blues.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Anything Led Zeppelin or Rolling Stones. I know Zep had a lot in the late 60s.

Rock on.
    Kinks Enter's Waifu
    Originally posted by Boss_bebe74 There were so many tho…

There will be no doctors during the Apocalypse because it will be futile to try and mend the burned victims and cure them of radiation poisoning when there will be no food to feed that masses. It's best to just hand out suicide kits by FEMA.

Great song though
    Originally posted by Madman

This might be from the sixties or some other time but it is definitely soft blues.

Looks like a Dalio Painting

reminds me of Talk Talk.. I love this band! Mark Holland.

coolbreeze Tuskegee Airman

many ccr ones could be number 1 but this is my favorite one
    Funny and creepy film.. you guys should watch it. Brian DePalma's Phantom of the Paradise. reflected the 70s record industry pretty well.

Garrit Graham from Phantom of the Paradise

LOL William Finley with Paul Williams - Same film.

Don't forget your Skynard, Allman Brothers Can't you See by Marshall Tucker Band

The 70's has so much good stuff

Not quite folk, but this is an underplayed 70's GEM with spooky lyrics and a sick guitar solo
    I love this song. Havn't heard it in years. thanks for posting it.

Originally posted by DietPiano [video]Jackie Blue

Not quite folk, but this is an underplayed 70's GEM with spooky lyrics and a sick guitar solo
    [/video]
    Madman African Astronaut
    Originally posted by DietPiano

I'm from the ozarks and this band is great. This song got famous but all of their stuff is good.
    Originally posted by Madman I'm from the ozarks and this band is great. This song got famous but all of their stuff is good.

It's weird. It doesn't sound like something you would expect from the Ozarks. It sounds disco-ish. like someone from NYC or London.
Jump to Top