User Controls

The report button

WHy is it on the left or am I just noticing that now
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    yeah its terrible

fuck you little sporty, dumpass
    the site bad gateway'd for 30 sec inbetween our shitpostings
    THE REPORT
    holy shit they are the same size on mobile and not mobile.

Like if you hold your phone up to the computer the pixel is the same size.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Yeah, it moved today. Changes like this always break user habits which is unfortunate, I'd be better to avoid it if possible, but the rate at which people were fatfingering the report button trying to reply (as evidenced by the deluge of reports I've gotten where people think they're replying to some post) is high enough that it kinda has to be done.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    P.S. if you're really salty about it, as always, you're welcome to mock up a better layout.
    Xlite African Astronaut
    I'm guilty in fat fingering the report button when it was on the right side. It only happened once though.
    Why don't we add some more annoying steps before its submitted? Like a question you have to answer.

Please type Lanny is a god below

That kinda thing. Makes it more difficult to accidentally end up on the report page without intentionally being disruptive. That plus the captcha should be enough deterrent, i think.
    uh click the button , it has that already. this is a fake crisis invented by lil sporty to make the website more annoying for his own sick pleasure
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    Having the report button directly underneath created content is just not good from a design psychology standpoint

Couldn't it just be placed near the post number or something
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    if the report button has been abused as of late I would check on the users hitting it,, if its code beta and Ell then its on purpose

I'm tellin you niggas them two are the antichrist
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by gumbo Why don't we add some more annoying steps before its submitted? Like a question you have to answer.

Please type Lanny is a god below

That kinda thing. Makes it more difficult to accidentally end up on the report page without intentionally being disruptive. That plus the captcha should be enough deterrent, i think.

yeah, I was surprised people would fill out the captcha without realizing they weren't on the reply page but I mean that's what happened. Also even if people hit the wrong button but realize it (i.e. making sure they know they're on the report page like you suggested) that's still a failure of the UI. I mean the cluster of three very similar looking buttons at the bottom right was never all that great of a design, it's easy to hit the wrong one even if you know where it is on mobile at least (which is why I bumped the size of the buttons on mobile).
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    Originally posted by Daily Having the report button directly underneath created content is just not good from a design psychology standpoint

yeah thats where it should go cuz now its right next to where the spoiler button goes so the problem will still exist
    Originally posted by POLECAT if the report button has been abused as of late I would check on the users hitting it,, if its code beta and Ell then its on purpose

I'm tellin you niggas them two are the antichrist

those 2 are cool tho
    Good mornin Lanny :coffee:
    Originally posted by A College Professor those 2 are cool tho

I dont even know you anymore
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Daily Having the report button directly underneath created content is just not good from a design psychology standpoint

I'm willing to hear the argument for that if yo have one. I'm not too attached to me design, but it's the best I've got at the moment.

There's already a button like that for me for some admin functionality like this:

And it's unable as hell, damn near illegible, impossible to hit on a phone, and ugly. I only put up with that one because I'm the only one who has to deal with it.
    It confusing me this change...now you need another button available next to it. I don't know what but something so its equal to the right with the "Thank" and "Quote" buttons. Can't have inequality amongst buttons my friend
    EllariaSand African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Lanny Yeah, it moved today. Changes like this always break user habits which is unfortunate, I'd be better to avoid it if possible, but the rate at which people were fatfingering the report button trying to reply (as evidenced by the deluge of reports I've gotten where people think they're replying to some post) is high enough that it kinda has to be done.

There does seem to be a sudden influx of butt hurt DH users here.......back there they’d flag posters into deletion when their feelers were hurt....I suppose for them the report button is the closest thing to detoxing they’ll get here.

Is that close to why you use it so much poley?
Jump to Top