User Controls

Cummins ISB ( 6.7L ) Differences between model years / chassis builders

A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    So, RAM trucks around model year 2007 making 650 ft/lb , with fairly steady increases every year or so up to current iteration making as much as 930 ft/lb . What mechanical changes have made these increases possible? Is this all electronics tuning / programming ? They "de-tune" the manual transmission versions because they apparently can't handle as much torque as their automatic offerings.

Interested in Freightliners (MT45? ) with the 6.7L ISB but they come fairly low-performance compared to the new RAMs. Looks like they would come with an Allison 1000 which is probably the 'bottleneck'. Supposing the transmission was built up, how difficult would it be to turn the motor up?
    Posting in a redneck thread.
    One of my cars a Subaru WRX Sti was greatly improved by a super chip and tweaking. Don't know much about RAMS, yet my friend has one and even though it's hard chips can be used and especially with better air intake and exhaust. I would assume the same applies to new yearly models where the platform remains the same and the tweaks greatly improve performance watching the MPG. The diesel trucks can be boosted a lot more and won't damage the tranny. You have to know what you're doing and buy good parts.
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    I have 2 5.9 cummins trucks they never need anything other than an occasional lift pump.
Jump to Top