User Controls

The Art of Drumming

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Also know as keeping a beat, VERY WELL! :-)

I always wanted to be a drummer but I've never been able to ever practice much more than basic shit and I've never cared enough to actually WANT to be one but I think I could be one ya know..

But everyone says that obviously.

I've been so out of the fuck lately that I don't even care about anything other than going to work and trying to wake up. That's what my life is like. I've ruined myself. BUT I know that I have to have SOMETHING. Maybe it's DRUMMING. Probably not though... I'm thinking out loud like Bill Krozby blogs maybe 00 . anyway fuck you and

HOW MANY OF YOu DRUM?

Is there an online test that we could just test our beat keeping abilities? THe most basic of drumming?

I wonder what percentage of the global population can genuinely keep a beat? I've gone to fucking shows where people start clapping "to the beat" and it's IMMEDIATELY off beat and people dont recognize it and its cringey for lack of better term and makes we wonder how stupid people have to be to not keep a fucking beat if nothing else. And thats with accompanying music, which is why it makes it so bad.

There's an app called Dancing Line which kinda fun I got it the other day and it test a little of your beat keeping abilities plus your visual dexterity and things of that nature. Try that.

proverbial:

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    the art of hitting things with a stick really fast
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    the art of bad war
    plateau sigma has been debated among ivy league circles and was ultimately determined to be musically and academically rigorous
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Sploo has been impressionable on me lately and I dont think its a good or bad things and I'm drying and also, dying.

Also I wish you could always read my posts the way I read them,

also, OJ was always guilty, and so was Jodi, and the fucking hot trunk baby death girl too
    Originally posted by mmQ Sploo has been impressionable on me lately and I dont think its a good or bad things and I'm drying and also, dying.

Also I wish you could always read my posts the way I read them,

also, OJ was always guilty, and so was Jodi, and the fucking hot trunk baby death girl too

You better not be dying... I just watched season 2 of 13 reasons why and I would be so triggered if you heroed right now.
    Red_Woman African Astronaut
    The best!

trippymindfuk African Astronaut
    Danny Carey is the best https://youtu.be/CwjsGPMIhxc
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition

listen to the actual song, pretty impressive how he played through all the glitchy bits
    hes the greatest skin slapper that ever slapped skin
    Cozy Powell

I did and still do...taught by one of the best. Most of my friends became studio musicians and moved to the UK long ago. My favorite Dave Ghrol and Ian Paice.
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    Simon Phillips , he toured with The Who back in 1988 or so.

Random homeless guy

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    One of the best performances.

I dont wannaa work.. I just wanna bang on these drums all dayyyy!!
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    I play the drums. In fact, I’m about to go do that in about an hour.

Why would you think an online test would tell you whether or not you can play the drums? There’s rhythm and there’s technique. Technique can be learned. Rhythm can also be learned, but I also think some people have it and some people don’t. You’ll know if you don’t. If you don’t know, ask your friends.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Ajax I play the drums. In fact, I’m about to go do that in about an hour.

Why would you think an online test would tell you whether or not you can play the drums? There’s rhythm and there’s technique. Technique can be learned. Rhythm can also be learned, but I also think some people have it and some people don’t. You’ll know if you don’t. If you don’t know, ask your friends.

I don't think a test can tell you if you can play the drums I was just wondering one for like basic beat shit. That was more in reference to people's inability to even keep a basic beat.

That game I mentioned is actually a good example / test. Obviously it has nothing to do with actual drumming.
    Big difference between self taught and technically schooled...still without talent you have nothing. Although knowing how to read helps and stage experience. Stay in your category ...don't join a rock band if you only play jazz. Some play everything and yet have no specialty unless you're a good studio musician. Some also play for fun and as long as it sounds good why not.
Jump to Top