User Controls

I had a somewhat disturbing dream last night...

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    So, i was in this house. I think i lived there, and i was acutely aware of the fact that there were dead people in the walls, and in the floors and in every place in the house. At some point i lay in a bed in the dream and i was looking up at the ceiling and it was bulging above me, it looked rotten and i knew this was because of all the bodily fluids and other decomposition materials being held back by the buckling ceiling. I got off the bed, and i kept seeing the faces of dead people everywhere. You know, not skulls, just the bloated faces of the dead looking at me with grotesque expressions on their lifeless faces. Then all of a sudden, i realized i was dead also, and i kept seeing dead people because i had been dead as well and was basically a ghost. The thought didn't frighten me, in fact, it felt good. And i felt powerful all of a sudden. So i drifted through the walls and the roof of the house, as you do when you're a ghost. And i drifted high into the air, and below me i saw all of the people that were still alive and they looked fragile and like ants. And i knew that if i willed it, i could kill these people instantly. So i did, and they all died right then and there, falling over, doing what they were doing or simply crumpling to the ground and i felt pretty good.

Lol, the weird part is, once i realized i was dead as well, i was like, oh that makes sense, no wonder i can see other dead people. It felt like the most natural thing at the time. Pretty weird.
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    yap
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    i started reading but i quitted when it got spookey cuz not because of offense but becuz i dont want to invite spookey thoughts into my head cuz then i might get bad dreams too.

my legs got sunburn the other night and then after i went 2 sleep i dreamt they had a bunch of huge holes into them kinda like big fat pores on a sea sponge but larger
    Originally posted by A College Professor i started reading but i quitted when it got spookey cuz not because of offense but becuz i dont want to invite spookey thoughts into my head cuz then i might get bad dreams too.

Eh, i don't usually look at dead people. And i try to avoid gore as much as possible. Still a lot of my dreams are centered around death or dead people and murder.
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    I hada dream
    Originally posted by POLECAT I hada dream

Calm down MLK this isn't a troll thread.

What are your dreams like?
    they only come when I'm sober,, I was in jail for a short time and the dreams were of giant snakes and frogs in a stream here in vt.. before that I had a reoccurring dream of an old 4 story house on the river,, the top floor was rotten but I just had to get out to the middle of the room ,, I always woke before it collapsed
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    It's all the violent beheading videos you watch, broseph. :)
    Originally posted by POLECAT they only come when I'm sober,, I was in jail for a short time and the dreams were of giant snakes and frogs in a stream here in vt.. before that I had a reoccurring dream of an old 4 story house on the river,, the top floor was rotten but I just had to get out to the middle of the room ,, I always woke before it collapsed

Interesting. That reminds me of a dream i had. Where i was actually exploring a half collapsed building and it was on a beach or whatever. Like a tropical resort. At some point i came to this elevator shaft and right in the middle of it was this native looking boy and i stopped to chat with him for a while. All was well and good. So a little later in the dream i came back to this exact same location but now the elevator had fallen, on top of this boy, and there was a group of people trying to get his mangled body out of the wreckage.

See? Always my dreams have this strange theme of death.

Originally posted by Grimace It's all the violent beheading videos you watch, broseph. :)

I don't watch gore at all. If i did i would have no issue admitting it. It's just that i don't particularly enjoy it.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Originally posted by Sophie Interesting. That reminds me of a dream i had. Where i was actually exploring a half collapsed building and it was on a beach or whatever. Like a tropical resort. At some point i came to this elevator shaft and right in the middle of it was this native looking boy and i stopped to chat with him for a while. All was well and good. So a little later in the dream i came back to this exact same location but now the elevator had fallen, on top of this boy, and there was a group of people trying to get his mangled body out of the wreckage.

See? Always my dreams have this strange theme of death.

I don't watch gore at all. If i did i would have no issue admitting it. It's just that i don't particularly enjoy it.

Some people try to extract meaning from dreams, declaring they have some sort of underlying meaning. Books and website are entirely dedicated to it. Seeing the dead and being dead yourself, according to them, might be an inner metaphysical representation of how you will actually die soon!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Soyboy African Astronaut [relevantly rival my dehydroretinol]
    You dream about what you think about a lot of the time. I can usually tell where my dreams come from - usually fiction - like last night I dreamt that I was running a car dealership, but the cars were all Slovakian models, but it was also a vacuum cleaner factory in the back. That's a composite of different videos I have watched over the last while.

Were you watching horror movies or thinking about death? Maybe you live in an old house and you're thinking about previous residents. Maybe your house is haunted. Maybe people have died in the room you sleep in.
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING You dream about what you think about a lot of the time. I can usually tell where my dreams come from - usually fiction - like last night I dreamt that I was running a car dealership, but the cars were all Slovakian models, but it was also a vacuum cleaner factory in the back. That's a composite of different videos I have watched over the last while.

Were you watching horror movies or thinking about death? Maybe you live in an old house and you're thinking about previous residents. Maybe your house is haunted. Maybe people have died in the room you sleep in.

I had watched a documentary about a murder case and i watched testimony from court videos afterward, i bet that had something to do with it.
    Technologist victim of incest
    My bad dreams seem to repeat themselves. There’s one where I’m in a house, they’ve all been different, but in every one I’ve had to run from some evil force. When I’m running, the house turns into a maze and there’s no way out.

My favorite dreams are the dreams when I can fly. Haven’t had one for a bit.
    Originally posted by Technologist My bad dreams seem to repeat themselves. There’s one where I’m in a house, they’ve all been different, but in every one I’ve had to run from some evil force. When I’m running, the house turns into a maze and there’s no way out.

My favorite dreams are the dreams when I can fly. Haven’t had one for a bit.

Interesting. I was listening to somebody telling a recurring dream she had for the longest while. It was about her being locked in a room. With her back to the door, and in front of her there was this lady, screaming and yelling in hysterics. She is dressed in a white dress, but it looks old and decayed. And as she wants to get out this crazy lady grabs a revolver and puts it in her mouth and blows her brains out. Then she is just left standing there as she watches this lady die.

Really peculiar.
    Technologist victim of incest
    That is peculiar. You’d think the old lady would shoot her. I don’t know if this is a myth, but I remember when I was a kid I was told if you die in your dreams you’ll die in reality. I know that sounds nuts, and is probably a myth, but if I think about it, I’ve never died in my dreams; it seemed like I was going but then something happened to stop it.
    Originally posted by Sophie So, i was in this house. I think i lived there, and i was acutely aware of the fact that there were dead people in the walls, and in the floors and in every place in the house. At some point i lay in a bed in the dream and i was looking up at the ceiling and it was bulging above me, it looked rotten and i knew this was because of all the bodily fluids and other decomposition materials being held back by the buckling ceiling. I got off the bed, and i kept seeing the faces of dead people everywhere. You know, not skulls, just the bloated faces of the dead looking at me with grotesque expressions on their lifeless faces. Then all of a sudden, i realized i was dead also, and i kept seeing dead people because i had been dead as well and was basically a ghost. The thought didn't frighten me, in fact, it felt good. And i felt powerful all of a sudden. So i drifted through the walls and the roof of the house, as you do when you're a ghost. And i drifted high into the air, and below me i saw all of the people that were still alive and they looked fragile and like ants. And i knew that if i willed it, i could kill these people instantly. So i did, and they all died right then and there, falling over, doing what they were doing or simply crumpling to the ground and i felt pretty good.

Lol, the weird part is, once i realized i was dead as well, i was like, oh that makes sense, no wonder i can see other dead people. It felt like the most natural thing at the time. Pretty weird.

I was told by a professor once that dreams like this usually happen when you can't reach deep sleep. You have unresolved issues in life and your imagination takes over which is very dependant also on what you eat or drink. Intelligent people have these strange dreams of death and psychos only rehash old crimes feeling proud being haunted. Drinking orange juice with a little olive oil including pepper supposedly induses bad dreams by exciting the Vegus Nerve and yet some individuals have no dreams at all where the mind is in peace falling into deep sleep. Just like hallucinations and drug use I think dreams are chemically induced and yet recurring dreams may actually mean something. Like a small child always being abused in dreams or hearing voices by supressing the past. Spiritual not sure...no proof yet. So maybe the professor...when I tried the orange test on an empty stomach I did have a bad dream and felt sick.
    EllariaSand African Astronaut
    There are many theories about why we dream, but no one knows for sure. Some researchers say dreams have no purpose or meaning and are nonsensical activities of the sleeping brain. Others say dreams are necessary for mental, emotional, and physical health.

Studies have shown the importance of dreams to our health and well-being. In one study, researchers woke subjects just as they were drifting off into REM sleep. They found that those who were not allowed to dream experienced:

Increased tension
    Anxiety
    Depression
    Difficulty concentrating
    Lack of coordination
    Weight gain
    Tendency to hallucinate

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/dreaming-overview#1-3

I’ve read of sleep studies where people were awoken as soon as the REM cycle ( rapid eye movements) of sleep began....the results mentioned above were only some of the noted effects of dream deprivation..

Even animals dream when they sleep....I think it’s kind of a psychological release, I also don’t think anyone who claims to understand dream interpretation is legit....since our dreams have ties to our psychology and are therefore as personal and distinct as our fingerprints. Broad stroke interpretation cannot be applied.
    Originally posted by Codebeta I was told by a professor once that dreams like this usually happen when you can't reach deep sleep. You have unresolved issues in life and your imagination takes over which is very dependant also on what you eat or drink. Intelligent people have these strange dreams of death and psychos only rehash old crimes feeling proud being haunted. Drinking orange juice with a little olive oil including pepper supposedly induses bad dreams by exciting the Vegus Nerve and yet some individuals have no dreams at all where the mind is in peace falling into deep sleep. Just like hallucinations and drug use I think dreams are chemically induced and yet recurring dreams may actually mean something. Like a small child always being abused in dreams or hearing voices by supressing the past. Spiritual not sure…no proof yet. So maybe the professor…when I tried the orange test on an empty stomach I did have a bad dream and felt sick.

I wonder though what role intelligence would play in someone having particularly bizarre dreams or dreams about death specifically.
    Originally posted by Sophie I wonder though what role intelligence would play in someone having particularly bizarre dreams or dreams about death specifically.

Well Sophie, intelligence can be present in both good and bad people...so the way dreams materialize can be different in both. A good intelligent person will probably dream better things related to fantasies and yet a bad intelligent person may be haunted by his past or what he's done. Psychos either don't dream or have violent ones. People who never dream may be in the minority or with hidden issues.

This actually happened.

When I was young a black woman came to our door asking about the place she moved in to and if anything strange happened there. She claimed her son an A student was having bad dreams doing poor at school and hearing voices of a small child in his closet. The Dr wanted to medicate him and she was shocked. A PD out of curiosity checked the house and found that a small child actually was murdered there in the past and deemed an accident. To make a long story short after speaking to the small kid they determined the native kid was actually hanged in the closet and father ran away. Too late to do anything and the dreams stopped.
    DocFoster Tuskegee Airman [concentrate my unpalatable boomer]
    I had a lovely dream last night. Society had collapsed. I had an empty bag. The leaders and managers and kings were gone. In this brave new world everyone was parting out what they had and were distributing what the elite had for free according to their needs. The parasites were crushed and their monuments were at our feet, and in the rubble? A party, an end of the world rave. People expressed themselves truly for the first time.
    Knowledge like the alcohol, weed, etc. was distributed freely, for when we finished tearing it down we'd have to rebuild. Yes their was danger, and a long road ahead, but we all loved a challenge, to shape this world in our own way, a better way, free of the leeches at the top who offered nothing and knew of nothing but luxury, who held us all back.
    Yes there was difficulty, but without state mandated and supported ways of connecting and disseminating information, we could truly connect.

We rocked the night away, and drank and fought and celebrated to our hearts content, with art, with drink, with herb, philosophy, and shared knowledge. Truer expression had never been, at least not in this age.

I woke up with a pounding headache, like the hangover was real. I despaired, because it was not.
Jump to Top