User Controls

Yanny or Laurel

Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    What do you niggas hear? It’s chamged back and forth for me a couple times today, but yanny is the primary.
    HTS highlight reel
    Yanny. T_T
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Yanny
    I heard both instantly. Yanny sounds way more annoying though.
    Yanny is way more annoying. It’s like a nasally stuck up high pitched dude.

I did hear Laurel a few times earlier today, which freaked me out. Then it went back to Yanny, which freaked me out again.
    Laurel
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html

I never heard laurel till this.

Def laurel.
    I’m gonna need a hearing aid by the time I’m 40.
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    what?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    They said u may have younger ears if you hear yanny. Lol.
    It’s a distorted recording and you’re better at hearing high frequencies if you hear Yanny.

My ears are fucked from sitting my ass against speakers for years.

It's brittany bitch.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Boss_bebe74 https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html

I never heard laurel till this.

Def laurel.

nice link that sums it up perfectly. I just sat there going back and forth between the two getting all fucked up. how QUAINT
    Originally posted by Boss_bebe74
    It's brittany bitch.

Lmao
    Lmao. So very quaint mmq.
    xy0 Houston
    I can clearly hear the two forments. one high, one lower. Since loud raves damaged my ears, I hear the lower forment more.
    Originally posted by ohfralala I’m gonna need a hearing aid by the time I’m 40.

I got hearing aids when I was in my 20s. I’ve needed them probably since I was in elementary school. My 6th grade teacher discovered my hearing loss because she noticed that I focused on people’s mouths when they were talking. It was the only way for me to understand conversations and not confuse words. The cool thing is now I can read lips.

Originally posted by ohfralala It’s a distorted recording and you’re better at hearing high frequencies if you hear Yanny.

My ears are fucked from sitting my ass against speakers for years.

The odd thing is I actually have hearing loss in high frequencies and I hear yanny. I also have tinnitus, which is an annoying combination of things to have, but that’s another topic. But yeah, I’ve been to audiologists and such and finally got some sweet hearing aids a few years ago.
    Originally posted by Ajax The odd thing is I actually have hearing loss in high frequencies and I hear yanny.

I figured there’d be an exception at some point. Did you have your hearing aid on when you were listening though?
    Originally posted by ohfralala I figured there’d be an exception at some point. Did you have your hearing aid on when you were listening though?

Yep, I’ve tried it with and without them. I even had them on when I heard laurel before I went back to hearing yanny.
    I saw a neuroscientist say that the switching back and forth is inexplicable.
Jump to Top