User Controls

The official NIS gameserver (pool)

Xlite African Astronaut
    Me and lanny was talking getting a NIS server up based on earlier success (back in the days)
    We got the hardware. But you need the software.

The following is an example of potential open world games that we can host:

7 days to die ( 1 )
    ARK: survival evolved.
    Conan exiles.
    DayZ. ( 1 )
    The forest.
    Rust. ( 5 )
    Space station 13. ( 1 )

Basically we can host a shitload of open world games but we need some consensus on which game to run.

Post your ideas and i'll poll em together.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I would play 7days but it's buggy as fuck and I've had to take it apart trying to get it to run smoothly over the internet

Kind of wanted to try Rust for a while but the community from what I've seen put me off it
    Xlite African Astronaut
    Well, we have our own community so fuck all the others.

But you'd be game for rust ye?
    HTS highlight reel
    I'm down for Rust or 7 Days. Or Ark, if someone wants to buy it for me haha. 😅
    Bueno motherfucker
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Has anyone played private server rust? Given the size of the map I'd think it's better tuned for public servers. Even at peak hours with like 200 players it's not particularly crowded, although you do catch shots from every roof with line of sight
    Space Station 13

I could get this forum hundreds of more active users if we run an SS13 server and compete with the other servers this summer, I can actively develop the game on github. all the other servers are currently being run by fucking idiots

http://www.byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

https://github.com/Drymouth-Gulch/Drymouth-Gulch

Xlite African Astronaut
    ^I had something a bit more 2015-2018 in mind

But if other people are interested then sure.
    So far though, its looking like rust is the one. But i'll leave the thread going for a while and see if we got any other gamers who might be interested.
    I like Rust also.
    HTS highlight reel
    SS13 kinda has a steep learning curve and wonky controls, but it can be pretty damn fun.

Looks like it's probably going to be Rust though. Although like Lanny said, it's probably better to just all join another server rather than host our own. IDK
    Xlite African Astronaut
    That's an issue we'll deal with in time. I'd rather avoid outside communities as their enforcement of rules can be rather fucked up.
    It would be a pain to get banned because your opinion is different than someone else's. If we host our own server, freedom of speech will be certain.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    YEah I'd definitely buy Rust if you guys run a server. I play 7days offline or with a friend, not so interested in PVP for that, but I'm guessing Rust has less to do PVE
    Xlite African Astronaut
    There will be pvp, but.. if we open up the server for public use, we could always team up against outsiders for extra lulz.
    Originally posted by Xlite It would be a pain to get banned because your opinion is different than someone else's. If we host our own server, freedom of speech will be certain.

"mod sass" lol
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    I'm up for RUST bought the game years ago but haven't played much.
    Xlite African Astronaut
    Should be quite a bit better now with all the updates. I'll add your vote.
    Bueno motherfucker
    Is it up yet
    Originally posted by Xlite That's an issue we'll deal with in time. I'd rather avoid outside communities as their enforcement of rules can be rather fucked up.
    It would be a pain to get banned because your opinion is different than someone else's. If we host our own server, freedom of speech will be certain.

Damn you're making me cry...no other site believes in freedom of speech especially the new sites which were built. More power to you.👍👍👍👍👍
    Is it up
Jump to Top