User Controls

Have an old android phone,need to get info off it.

AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Bunch of E-mails I would like to copy.
    I did usb debug and it will only show mass storage i need to access app data.
    Phone model # VM670
    Android 2.2.2
    Kernal # 2.6.32.9
    I have android studio downloaded and not a clue if it could help.
    Wouldn't it be easier to just get into the email address.
    Password has been changed the E-mails are from 2014.
    In fact the password has probably changed twice today.
    Sorry...misunderstood your question.Pass word recovery is your only solution.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Nothing was shreded I can read the E-mails just fine on the phone.I want them on my PC so I can use them.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    https://drfone.wondershare.com

Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Are the emails contained within the stock email app, Gmail, etc?
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Are you trying to access the app data in /data/data?

You won't be able to unless you can access the OS.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Are you trying to access the app data in /data/data?
    Yes
    You won't be able to unless you can access the OS.

Ya thats what thought and can I even do that if I root it?
    Maybe I can screen shot each page of e-mail lol.
    Originally posted by Grimace Are the emails contained within the stock email app, Gmail, etc?

Yes
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    Do you know your email address and password?

Apparently not.
    It’s not his phone lol
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by NARCassist https://drfone.wondershare.com

you obviously missed it the first time, so..

Originally posted by NARCassist you obviously missed it the first time, so..

I thank you for the help but I looked at that bullshit you are shilling and I dont think its what I need.
    But your avatar still makes me smile.
    :1eye:
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Grimace Are the emails contained within the stock email app, Gmail, etc?

this is important

you can usually export to file from within the app, if not you'll need to copy the actual data out of the application's data store (as root) into a user-acessible location like whatever path android uses for /home/ or /media/

actually if I recall correctly the stock apps usually use an sqlite database which is easy to dump but a little trickier than copying files
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra this is important

you can usually export to file from within the app, if not you'll need to copy the actual data out of the application's data store (as root) into a user-acessible location like whatever path android uses for /home/ or /media/

actually if I recall correctly the stock apps usually use an sqlite database which is easy to dump but a little trickier than copying files

Thanks
    I wonder how many people get computer smart this way?
    READ KNOW DO.
    I use performance reducing drugs and spend hours trying to work out how to do simple stuff again

degenerate resistance training
    https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/75171/backup-gmail-emails-offline

try this if you're comfortable with the terminal/ADB; it should copy all of gmail's data to your computer

post confirms that you can't just copy the data directly without root though
    Originally posted by aldra https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/75171/backup-gmail-emails-offline

try this if you're comfortable with the terminal/ADB; it should copy all of gmail's data to your computer

post confirms that you can't just copy the data directly without root though

Thanks its been informative if nothing else,but there is no substitute for a towl wrapped around the neck.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Originally posted by AngryOnion Ya thats what thought and can I even do that if I root it?
    Maybe I can screen shot each page of e-mail lol.

With root access, yes. There should be plenty of exploits for the version you mentioned.
Jump to Top