User Controls

Does it even matter if we dump trash?

What's wrong with landfills? It's just gonna get buried. Doesn't the earth recycle that? Won't it just make fossil fuels again. This is a very trying subject for me
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I know glass takes far more energy to recycle than it does to manufacture, but modern plastics like HDPE are hazardous to whole sections of the ecosystem and take decades to break down
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Aldra, can we burn this plastic safely?
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    there just needs 2 be standardized stainless steel and/or glass-lined durable re-usable containers for beverages that you get filled from bulk-tanks at the grocer.

something like cornelius kegs, but squared in shape to make better use of space in the fridge ( like a milk jug is )
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    no, burning trash is more toxic than just burying it lol
    Originally posted by A College Professor there just needs 2 be standardized stainless steel and/or glass-lined durable re-usable containers for beverages that you get filled from bulk-tanks at the grocer.

something like cornelius kegs, but squared in shape to make better use of space in the fridge ( like a milk jug is )

or just byo containers and pay per 100ml or something, like a petrol station
    plastics only good 4 building electronics and cheap light car interiors. everything else should b platinum
    Originally posted by A College Professor there just needs 2 be standardized stainless steel and/or glass-lined durable re-usable containers for beverages that you get filled from bulk-tanks at the grocer.

Yea but then the question begs whether or not it delivers the best product. Like some shit don't taste good in a plastic bottle vs glass. Sometimes glass breaks. This is all being made complicated
    I think quality stainless steel is suitable for most beverages , glass is fragile but is still in common usage for beer without problem ( course they aren't normally re-used here. ) . I heard they still re-use coke/beer bottles in mexico.
    Keep in mind that steel is very expensive compared to glass or plastic and vastly more would need to be made
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    we just need a plague to knock out half the population or 2/3rds of it and we will be ok gain
    Red_Woman African Astronaut
    I have like 5 trash cans for: general, food leftovers, paper, plastic and glass.
    You need a room just for them really.
    Technologist victim of incest
    I worked in a building that was on top of an old landfill. They had problems with methane gas.
    I don't get trash.
    We have 3rd world countries for dumping trash on. Lets use the damn things and give them a purpose for existing.
    Lmao

Good morning, crumpet. I see you're in good form, as usual.
    4th world countries.
    Xlite African Astronaut
    Its amazing how much junk we can produce.
    WE SMOOTH African Astronaut
    I don't think it really matters tbh, I just don't like how littering feels.
    Originally posted by Xlite Its amazing how much junk we can produce.

Ikr?! And I do my best to not waste food, at least. I hate wwasting food.
Jump to Top