User Controls

We have a moral obligation to stop eating plants

Madman African Astronaut
    Plants harvest raw energy from the sun and make all other life on earth possible. Can you harvest raw energy from the sun and sustain other life on earth? I didn't fuckin think so. All you bitch ass mother fuckers have what I call "speciescentrism" and because of that you value other life that looks like you above life that doesn't look like you. You can tell me "judging the value of life is foolish because we are inherently subjective." Or you can tell me "To live is to consume and to consume is to kill" both of which I would say are valid points but the fact is if plants go extinct everything goes extinct and that is true for no other organism. Therefore plants are objectively more valuable than animals, especially humans. Now refute or concede.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    So what do we eat then? fungus?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    We eat shit and die
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Because our styles differ, I hope you don't mind my breaking down your argument into a proof:

Originally posted by Madman > Plants are primary producers
    > Humans aren't primary producers
    > Bitch ass mother fuckers have "speciescentrism" (This prejudice is an animal rights slogan, actually called "speciesism" since the seventies)
    > *Two strawman refutations of the aforementioned nonargument*
    > *Another iteration of specieism*

I'm not sure what you want me to refute here, you don't exactly have an argument. Plants aren't in danger of going extinct and they don't care if I eat them. For many plants, being consumed is an essential stage of reproduction.

Sorry, I know you wanted to stick it to me for whatever reason, but Obbe already made this thread and brought up the subject for several pages in my other thread. Also, don't add "refute or concede" to the tail of your argument, it looks like cheap posturing and nobody is obligated to do either for you. If your argument is successful, they won't be able to refute it. Nobody will concede on this site.
    Madman African Astronaut
    What are humans eating that is in danger of going extict? Can you prove plants don't care if you eat them? Are you talking about fruit and the likes as an essential stage of reproduction? Can you name any plant where part of its reproduction cycle is having itself entirely consumed? Refute or concede is a challenge, it makes weak people eager to refute, which makes them prone to mistakes or too intimidated to respond, at my best the only way to not lose is to never engage. It may be posturing but people never call my bluffs in real life when I intimidate them.

Originally posted by Madman if plants go extinct everything goes extinct and that is true for no other organism. Therefore plants are objectively more valuable than animals,

You aren't honestly saying that that is not an argument, your just hoping most people will believe what you say making actually winning the argument redundant. That's your whole shtick and I'm sure it works in real life but winning against me isn't that easy.

It doesn't matter if a person actually concedes or not, only a person with integrity would do that, anything less than a valid counter point is a concession.
    Madman African Astronaut
    If you want to know what to eat, eat my bugs, pizza flavor coming soon.
    Let me guess, by not buying your shitty argument I've already confessed in your mind, haven't I?
    Madman African Astronaut
    Once again I've taken the time to consider your viewpoint and ask sincere questions that can make your argument stronger or break it, you come back to me with this dumb shit. I don't actually believe plants are the master race and I've pointed out all the problems with your "shitty" argument that you can't be bothered to defend. You came back to me with nothing and ironically said "I bet you think I have conceded by replying with all the sincerity and veracity of a piece of dog shit on a shoe"
    Look, I don't do this weird "refute or concede" thing you're trying to pull. I don't consider plants moral agents, nor does any moral philosophy. It's the weakest possible point to assail my argument, and furthermore, it's unoriginal. That's all I'm going to say about plants because I've literally argued this into the ground with several people and I'm done with it. I came in because this was clearly directed at my argument, and now I'm leaving.
    By the way, when you need to intimidate people in order to win a fight, it means you're wrong and an asshole.
    Madman African Astronaut
    Jesus, I never asserted plants were moral agents, this whole thread is a spoof you fucking dumbass.

Originally posted by Zanick By the way, when you need to intimidate people in order to win a fight, it means you're wrong and an asshole.

Well thats the beginning of an argument but wheres the rest? Just so you know I kill and eat many animals just like my ancient ancestors did and it makes me a great man among many great men.

The beautiful part is that the only way to "not do" the refute or concede thing is to NEVER engage, once you engage you only have two choices, you have chosen to concede, its ok, I am a great man and losing to me will bring you little shame because no one in your tribe expected you to win.
    We have a moral obligation to eat pants. And by pants I mean edible panties that Zanick will develop to have all our dietary needs met.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Zanick … Obbe already made this thread and brought up the subject for several pages in my other thread.

No I didn't.

I made a thread about plant intelligence, but that thread had nothing to do with morality or eating plants.

I also made reference to plant intelligence in your thread about two or maybe 3 times but I also stopped talking about it as soon as you asked me to.
    Obbe, it wasn't as bad as I said there, I'm sorry. I think we have different styles of communication and I didn't handle that well, also I was in a salty mood that day.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Zanick Obbe, it wasn't as bad as I said there, I'm sorry. I think we have different styles of communication and I didn't handle that well, also I was in a salty mood that day.

It's cool.
    Thanks for understanding. I've felt kind of bad about it since then.
    Madman African Astronaut
    Salty moods are not forgiveable, purify thyself through pain.
    Madman African Astronaut
    And BTW everything you said in this thread has fallen apart but I'm not being a dick about it.
    You're one of those people who claims something with the intention of it becoming true when people believe it. I know this because it's a very common manipulation technique for people who are totally fucked in the head. You're doing a few others, besides.
    Madman African Astronaut
    Thats real original considering I said the same thing about you several hours ago, I called it your schtick, I have to assume that you did this intentionally to piss me off but I just took some barbiturates so the jokes on you.
Jump to Top