User Controls

What subreddits are you active in?

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I occasionally add a small contribution to the /r/Totse and I lurk on the Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder subs often, but the only ones I'm really active in are the ones to do with managing familial narcissists.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    reddit is for the worst kind of homosexuals.
    It really is, but they have a lot of diverse subjects. Where this community is small, familiar and homogenous, Reddit has almost any subject you can think of and 90% of the users are idiots. It's worth wading in, though, if you have something specific in mind.
    Red_Woman African Astronaut
    ASOIAF
    FREEFOLK
    GAMEOFTHRONES
    LORDOFTHERINGS
    LOTR
    TEAMWHITEWALKER
    THESILMARILLION
    TOLKIENBOOKS
    TOLKIENFANS
    SUBREDDITDRAMA LOL
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Honestly the only time I've ever found useful things on reddit is when I was looking for highly autistic in-depth information on video games, like RNG mechanics and stuff

Even in areas where it should be good like 'crowd-sourced' field journalism the useful stuff doesn't usually get noticed while nonsensical garbage gets upvoted - I thought I'd be able to use it for stuff like the conflict threads but there's just way too much chaff. And clueless regime-change enthusiasts
    Originally posted by Red_Woman ASOIAF
    FREEFOLK
    GAMEOFTHRONES
    LORDOFTHERINGS
    LOTR
    TEAMWHITEWALKER
    THESILMARILLION
    TOLKIENBOOKS
    TOLKIENFANS
    SUBREDDITDRAMA LOL

Wait, you read Tolkien? What's your favorite story in the legendarium?
    the empire strikes back
    Originally posted by aldra Honestly the only time I've ever found useful things on reddit is when I was looking for highly autistic in-depth information on video games, like RNG mechanics and stuff

Even in areas where it should be good like 'crowd-sourced' field journalism the useful stuff doesn't usually get noticed while nonsensical garbage gets upvoted - I thought I'd be able to use it for stuff like the conflict threads but there's just way too much chaff. And clueless regime-change enthusiasts

It's also fairly useful as a support system for people dealing with mental health issues or personality disorders. I only get an hour a week with my shrink, but the folks on Reddit have pretty useful resources once you see past the glaring problems endemic to all of Reddit.
    Originally posted by aldra the empire strikes back

Fuck you, Tolkien synthesized a new mythology, Lucas just regurgitated one.
    Originally posted by Zanick Wait, you read Tolkien? What's your favorite story in the legendarium?

I adore Tolkien.

Oh man, that's a hard question. I love Findekano and Maedhros friendship, and I do love Fëanor story.
    Overall though, I think I love most The Children of Húrin, although it's heartbreaking.
    Madman African Astronaut
    Everybody reads tolkien, I havn't read fiction since grade school and I still read tolkien, If you want some better fiction though read Hermann Hesse. I have a theory that there was a golden age of literature and that was when literature was everything from news to entertainment and also widely taught and learned by most people, all the good shit is from that era and its called "the classics"
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Red_Woman I adore Tolkien.

Oh man, that's a hard question. I love Findekano and Maedhros friendship, and I do love Fëanor story.
    Overall though, I think I love most The Children of Húrin, although it's heartbreaking.

I wrote a paper on Túrin and Niënor in high school! Fëanor has always been a subject of admiration. But I was even more struck by the heroism of his brother, Fingolfin, in seeking his final duel.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    AGW
    Granblue
    That's all
    Originally posted by Zanick I wrote a paper on Túrin and Niënor in high school! Fëanor has always been a subject of admiration. But I was even more struck by the heroism of his brother, Fingolfin, in seeking his final duel.

Fingolfin was a badass. The Siege of Angband is the best battle in the history of litherature. But so is the Battle of Unnumbered Tears.
    I just don't know what to pick with Tolkien. The only thing I don't care much is The Hobbit, tbh. But that's just because it's really a children's book.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Zanick Where this community is small, familiar and homogenous,

not anymore.

with the recent influx of immigrants, weve become the minority in our own community.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by aldra the empire strikes back

the umpire strokes back.
    Lol @influx

We're 4-5 people.
    Originally posted by Red_Woman Lol @influx

We're 4-5 people.

Lol coward can't even back up your shit with facts. Get killed. For laughs.
    Originally posted by Red_Woman Fingolfin was a badass. The Siege of Angband is the best battle in the history of litherature. But so is the Battle of Unnumbered Tears.
    I just don't know what to pick with Tolkien. The only thing I don't care much is The Hobbit, tbh. But that's just because it's really a children's book.

I always really liked the Siege of Gondolin, which is going to be substantially expanded upon in a new release this August, in part because they were staring down an army of Balrogs but also because it introduced the possibility that both Glorfindel and Legolas might have first-age origins. The latter was confirmed by Tolkien, of course, while I think the latter was probably because he didn't go back to change the name and simply reused it for the trilogy.

Originally posted by benny vader not anymore.

with the recent influx of immigrants, weve become the minority in our own community.

Lol, what Red_Woman said. We've grown by a welcome 50%. Quit your rabble-rousing.
    Originally posted by ifitdontfitacquit Lol coward can't even back up your shit with facts. Get killed. For laughs.

You're the worst kind of troll. Why don't you get some new lines?
Jump to Top