User Controls

nootropics and a developing brain

hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    So.. Since Ive had my baby Ive been very interested in teaching him. Since he has been born Ive been reading to him, using infant stimulation flashcards, and generally doing everything I can to facilitate him learning. He seems engaged when I work with him so Im not worried about his development. He is 2 months old and already rolls over front to back and back to front and has been doing it since about a month old. Getting to the question- since there are a lot of smart drugs out there, what would be some that could help boost his intelligence so he becomes a super genius? Also, why do you think this might be a bad idea? Why arent people interested in giving their children a competitive edge early on? Malice, what do you think? You mentioned giving rats nootropics.. What about a baby? FYI Im not going to be drugging my baby up but I am curious about how that would effect a developing mind.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Go for it. They have beneficial effects which will support, nurture and augment, a developing mind. It's not like cannabis or hard drugs. It will make for a good experiment, I'd like to see the outcome of it. And with §m£ÂgØL's genes it could probably use all the help it can get.

Of course commoners will have an emotional response and raise vague unfounded fears based on non sequitors and other logical fallacies, misinterpretations of data, leaps of logic. Ignore them and do what you know is best, which is what I tell you to.
    At least he'll have a better ass than you ever will, Malice. >:(
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    It will make for a good experiment, I'd like to see the outcome of it. .

Yes, experiment with your 2-month old baby, what could go wrong?
    What would you suggest? Obviously there is shit one should avoid with a ten foot pole but what would be something percievably safe? I smoked pot for the nausea (I didnt like the idea of low dose anti-psychotics they use as anti-nausea drugs) as I was violently ill pretty much my whole pregnancy and also took T-PAIN. If anything he is developmentally ahead (I know everyone says their kid is smart but Im serious) he has awesome head control for 2 months and is crawling pretty good too- its slow but he has the motion down now. I guess my fear of using anything stems from not wanting tonfuck him up or create unforseen problems later in life such as depression.. Though genetically he probably has a high risk anyway.. Being smarter probably would help though Id image.
    Yes, experiment with your 2-month old baby, what could go wrong?

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Since he seems to be ahead of the curve already, without drugs, why not continue doing what you're doing? I don't understand why you'd want to potentially stunt his development when you claim that his development is already superior or above average. He's a born natural, perhaps, let him continue as is, don't be greedy or weird to think that you need to develop some superhuman child that can fly and solve advanced logic puzzles by the time he's 4 months old. Just let him grow, and be amazed at his abilities without some outside influence of drugs that he clearly DOESN'T NEED.
    Shut the hell up mmQ. He doesn't need a lot of things. There are many things he could go without, but they would miss the benefits.

Omega 3 oil, breast milk, meat, iodine? They'll certainly live without them, but it isn't anywhere close to being optimal. Being average is one of the worst things you could turn out to be, take a chance and aim for greatness.
    I agree, mmQ but Im just curious at what other think about it. I am NOT giving him anything, its just a topic Ive never seen discussed before and this is more of a crowd to get real answers from rather than "youre a bad mother for even the thought!!"
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Shut the hell up mmQ. He doesn't need a lot of things. There are many things he could go without, but they would miss the benefits.

Omega 3 oil, breast milk, meat, iodine? They'll certainly live without them, but it isn't anywhere close to being optimal. Being average is one of the worst things you could turn out to be, take a chance and aim for greatness.

What I'm saying is that isn't it important to perhaps let a tiny little developing baby do just that? Develop? See how it goes for more than 2 fucking months? You used the word EXPERIMENT for a reason, no? You must be able to see the potential consequences, otherwise it wouldn't be an experiment. The baby in question is supposedly above average as it stands, without any nootropics lol. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm not disagreeing with you to disagree I'm just saying how I feel. I can be wrong about things, believe it or not. So can you.
    You retard, you have no idea what it could do. herpingenesis
    One reason it has crossed my mind is because everyone says "drugs are bad!!"during pregnancy (which some are), but then some drugs they prescribe or say are safe during and all they are going on as far as " safe" is that the babies are born without extra limbs, and most of them suckle and have normal vitals at birth.. No one really can say wtf low doses of some anti-psychotic has on a fetus other than that most of them turn out normal.. But what about when that child gets older? Also, ultrasounds.. They can cause cellular changes bit no one really thinks twice about getting them done. I read an article early on in my pregnancy about them and besides the one I got at 6weeks6days before I read that article, I didnt have any other done. Pretty much the amount of ultrasounds done now versus 20-30 years ago are insane.. They wanted me to have them done every month and then every 2 weeks in the third trimester. Not saying it DOES fuck kids up.. But with rates of autism coupled with the fact the standard of safely is based on technology from the early 90's which were muchless powerful.. For fucks sake, they break kidney stones wih the same technology. It amazes me people dont think more about it.. And go into it with more caution. Point is, the medical enstablishment is more concerned with money and obvious birth defects.. They really dont care if the drugs/procedures I take cause depression or learning disabilities later in life as long as his organs function normally and they get a paycheck. This is why I took my prenatal care in my own hands for the most part and had a water birth at home.
    Actually, the medical emstablishment has more of an interest to have shit go wrong down the line.. Sonthey can "fix" it later on. Not saying they conciously do this but.. They dont have an interest in having a perfectly healthy child that never needs to see a doctor.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I heard boiling your baby in a hot pot of vegetable oil will help it's skin development. Try that.
    I heard boiling your baby in a hot pot of vegetable oil will help it's skin development. Try that.

See? You shouldn't listen to a guy like this.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    See? You shouldn't listen to a guy like this.

It would make for a good experiment. That's reason enough, ya?
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    How did I miss this entire thread?

If you want your kids to be smart, be aware that there are substantial drawbacks

If your child isn't of good character, they will become master manipulators

You can't hide much from a smart child

They tend to be masters at sneaking treats

They ask 10 times the amount of questions that other kids do, and other kids already ask questions every minute of the day

Their precocious nature can lead them into trouble, and they have the cognition and boundless energy to pretty much do whatever they want to do.

Stuff like, being brought home in a police car at age 6 after being lost in the woods all day during an attempt to map and mark a trail, complete with a cardboard sign, perfectly spelled, 'Woodland Trail'.

Being able to read newspapers, upside down, at age 3, how do you hide something from a kid like that?

Try to hide something, anything, from an intelligent child. It's not happening.

They will correct their teachers, or other adults, and they will be right. The teachers especially hate that.

When they become teenagers, they become know-it-all assholes.

There are probably a lot of other reasons, but I tire of this, so I am going to hit 'enter' now.

I dont want to be a parent that hides shit from their child. I plan on telling them like it is from go. I also intend to homeschool since public school is an assembly line and no true learning goes on there.
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    I dont want to be a parent that hides shit from their child. I plan on telling them like it is from go. I also intend to homeschool since public school is an assembly line and no true learning goes on there.

I meant like hiding physical objects

I was a fucking ninja master of pinching my parents weed bags...I was a bit older then, but there was no where they could hide it from me
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    At least he'll have a better ass than you ever will, Malice. >:(

Spread those butt cheeks.
Jump to Top