User Controls

Bitcoin debit card

If I load a debit card with bitcoin and use the coinbase shift card to check out (for something sold for usd), do I have to report taxes in April?
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    I guess I should have invested in this bitcoin situation back in 2010 when I started playing the money market,, dropped 10 g's never to be seen again
    Originally posted by POLECAT I guess I should have invested in this bitcoin situation back in 2010 when I started playing the money market,, dropped 10 g's never to be seen again

This reminds me, I need to check my wallet
    Originally posted by Slaynk This reminds me, I need to check my wallet

I think I just made ten bucks.
    holy fuck I should check my wallet
    mso8 Houston
    i would be a millionaire if i had invested in bitcoin back in the day. i was like 15 or something at the time. hilariously enough i have read about a guy who is a millionaire today that had the exact same stats as me back in '11 the only difference being that he recieved $1000 at the time from his granny. fuck that bitch, im moar jelly than a dunkin doughnuts doughnut
    Originally posted by mso8 i would be a millionaire if i had invested in bitcoin back in the day. i was like 15 or something at the time. hilariously enough i have read about a guy who is a millionaire today that had the exact same stats as me back in '11 the only difference being that he recieved $1000 at the time from his granny. fuck that bitch, im moar jelly than a dunkin doughnuts doughnut

anyone would be.
    mso8 Houston
    true. its just that that was the very first thing i could have made money with. anything before that i was either too young or not alive. i hope for the best in the future, stay on the lookout
    DilaudidSky Yung Blood
    I don't know about Coinbase's option as I never really trusted them and this is the first I've heard of this Shift card thing.

As for purchases with BTC and a plastic card the only option I have found and have been using for about 6 months pretty happily is through a company called BitPay. www.bitpay.com
    The physical card costs ten dollars to order but after that there aren't any other fees I'm aware of. You get wallet that you can put any amount of BTC into and then you can simply swipe your card for a purchase and the BTC in your wallet is used.

Quick edit as I realized you asked about paying taxes from it lol.
    I imagine as any other kind it hinges on if you are funding it with income with a trail then of course it needs to be accounted for.
    Crypto gained anonymously from the beginning though would be untaxable I believe.
Jump to Top