User Controls

Should Trump get a Nobel Peace Prize?

Dfg Tuskegee Airman [compulsively riposte the emigrant]
    I mean Obama got one and he didn't do much, even Moon wants him to have one.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-deserves-nobel-peace-prize-for-north-korea-work-sks-moon-2018-4
    no
    Originally posted by greenplastic no

well he would anyway.
    No, he shouldn't, and Obama's should be revoked. Both of them very nearly drew us into world war 3.

It's ok though, everyone knew even at the time that he only got one for being black
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    giving Obongo one officially made the Nobel Peace Prize worthless, so go for it

he had literally nothing to do with the NK/SK rapprochement though
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Juicebox No, he shouldn't, and Obama's should be revoked. Both of them very nearly drew us into world war 3.

It's ok though, everyone knew even at the time that he only got one for being black

lol, yeah.
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    My impression was that Obama got the NPP for his work toward nuclear disarmament, but mostly because they thought he wasn't finished promoting the peace. Then he proceeded to wage perhaps the most modern military campaigns the world has ever seen.

Trump threatened nuclear war via Twitter. I don't need to tell you this should disqualify a person from consideration.
    fordssucklol Yung Blood
    not after he fucked up the middle east
    Soyboy African Astronaut [relevantly rival my dehydroretinol]
    Obama was given it to encourage him to pursue peace. It was a prize to encourage him, not to reward him. The committee said as much.

Also, not so widely stated, they're a bunch of dumbass Swedes who are wholly insulated from reality and who believe wholeheartedly in the magic negro.

Obama was a warmonger who murdered Ghaddafi in Libya, supplied ISIS with arms, and was only dissuaded from invading Syria by a huge social media and call in campaign.

Anyway, being a straight white male is an instant disqualification from receiving a Nobel Peace Prize.
    Moot point now, Kim's cancelled meeting Trump on the basis that the US won't cut it out with the aggressive 'military drills'
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Zanick Trump threatened nuclear war via Twitter. I don't need to tell you this should disqualify a person from consideration.

all peaces are maintained by the threats of wars.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by aldra Moot point now, Kim's cancelled meeting Trump on the basis that the US won't cut it out with the aggressive 'military drills'

if.
    new old Houston
    meh , he could just buy one ...
    Technologist victim of incest
    Originally posted by aldra Moot point now, Kim's cancelled meeting Trump on the basis that the US won't cut it out with the aggressive 'military drills'

These drills are not aggressive. These drills happen every single year. Last year when the US and SoKo had these drills, fat boy set off a missle to let them know of his dissatisfaction. I guess fatty thought they’d cancel their usual drills because Trump is kissing his ass.

OT: Every man who says Ung is honorable in front of three people who were detained by the ass for years, should win a peace prize. :insert sarcasm:🙄
    Originally posted by Technologist These drills are not aggressive. These drills happen every single year. Last year when the US and SoKo had these drills, fat boy set off a missle to let them know of his dissatisfaction. I guess fatty thought they’d cancel their usual drills because Trump is kissing his ass.

This would be like a gang of your enemies standing in your front yard every day practicing to kick your ass and then your whole community lynching you when you buy a gun.
    Originally posted by Juicebox This would be like a gang of your enemies standing in your front yard every day practicing to kick your ass and then your whole community lynching you when you buy a gun.

If this was a scheduled annual event that has never endangered me or my family, meh march on soldiers
    HURRR DOOURRRR NOOOO
    Originally posted by Technologist These drills are not aggressive. These drills happen every single year.

That doesn't make them 'not aggressive' - they're literally demonstrations of how the US intends to destroy the country again. The fact that they're annual is worse. The fact that they're timed specifically to interfere with harvests is worse still.

Last year when the US and SoKo had these drills, fat boy set off a missle to let them know of his dissatisfaction.

Those two things are mostly unrelated, the country's been protesting the sanctions for decades. After the US walked away from the last nuclear disarmament deal (quick summary here) they've felt like a nuclear deterrent is their only source of security and have been working at it feverishly.

I guess fatty thought they’d cancel their usual drills because Trump is kissing his ass.

He was hoping for a sign that they were interested in negotiating, rather than just making demands as usual, considering how many concessions he made already - halting rocket testing, closing nuclear/rocket test sites and releasing US citizens arrested for spying/espionage among other things.
    I just see no reason to stop annual drills, that are merely an exercise.

I don’t see this meeting happening because Ung said that their agreement to deweaponize would not be one sided. The US won’t deweaponize a damn thing, and I don’t think they should.

Can I ask you a question Aldra? Do you sympathize with Ung?
    Originally posted by Technologist I just see no reason to stop annual drills, that are merely an exercise.

You don't seem to be able to see this from the side of the North Koreans, especially in the context of the Korean War and the never-ending sanctions and starvation tactics. They're not 'just an exercise'.

Originally posted by Technologist I don’t see this meeting happening because Ung said that their agreement to deweaponize would not be one sided. The US won’t deweaponize a damn thing, and I don’t think they should.

It's not so much that he expects the US to disarm (he'd like probably like that but he knows it's not realistic), he wants security guarantees that the US isn't just going to ruin his country (again) once he gives up the only weapon he has that can prevent that. Given that they walked away from the last agreement and just now tore up the JCPOA with Iran, how could he possibly trust them to keep their word? This is a much more in depth discussion, ie. how can NK maintain their sovereignty without nuclear weapons.

Originally posted by Technologist Can I ask you a question Aldra? Do you sympathize with Ung?

To an extent. I don't particularly like what I know of him personally, but the country's been in a very difficult position for a very long time and I understand what he's trying to do. I wrote a shittonne of stuff here trying to explain the last 60 years or so from NK's perspective, but it was taking too long and was a mess so I'll just do current events:

1. US accuses Iraq of having nuclear weapons (knowing full well they didn't), ruin country.
    2. US funds terrorist groups in Libya, uses ensuing chaos to justify military intervention, ruin country.
    3. US funds terrorist groups AND accuses Syria of using chemical weapons, attempt to ruin country ONLY averted by foreign intervention.
    4. US makes and subsequently walks away from nuclear agreement with NK in 1994.
    5. US makes and subsequently walks away from nuclear agreement with Iran in 2018.

How can NK POSSIBLY trust the US to unilaterally disarm? This is literally like an armed schizophrenic man (who has killed before) telling you he won't hurt you if you give him your gun.
Jump to Top