User Controls

dragon age inquisition is the best rpg ever made?

nightmare difficulty mode is showing me all of the subtleties of this game and its fucking amazing. this is my 2nd playthrough
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    I mean you're entirely wrong but you do you
    Originally posted by Number13 I mean you're entirely wrong but you do you

source?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Souls

Originally posted by Number13 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Souls

dark souls is just hard. if it was easier it would be a shitty game since besides the difficulty its not interesting

elder scrolls games are mountain climbing simulators

swkotr is a Kill X Gather Y game

never tried dues ex or final fantasy

dragon age inquisition is like the whole world is jam packed with content to the point where the entire world is the puzzle that needs to be put together. and most of it is non-combat which i prefer, fighting in RPGs gets really fucking old after 2 or 3 games. the skill for dragon age:inquisition isn't about reflexes and grinding, it's about strategically advancing your characters in a way your whole party will work together with maximum efficiency
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    I recently learned about this game called Earthbound:

Supposedly the greatest rpg of all time.

Lately I've been playing far cry primal... is that even an rpg?
    Been playing ff:type 0 lately. Wouldn't say it's the best rpg ever but it's pretty cool
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I've only ever played Origins, which was pretty good

Originally posted by Obbe Supposedly the greatest rpg of all time.

a lot of weebs say that simply because it never got a release outside of japan if I remember right
    Originally posted by aldra I've only ever played Origins, which was pretty good

a lot of weebs say that simply because it never got a release outside of japan if I remember right

Have you played earthbound? Is it any good? I've been thinking about downloading it for my fake Chinese retro game console when it arrives in the mail. From what I hear "mother" was only released in Japan but earthbound was the US version.
    Originally posted by aldra I've only ever played Origins, which was pretty good

inquisition is a hundred times better than origins imo

the second game was so bad it was baffling
    What about oblivion
    I haven't, my favourite from the era has always been Chrono Trigger. I was never a big fan of FF, but I liked Breath of Fire (specifically 3-4, the psx/2 ones) and Fire Emblem, which is closer to FF Tactics than a traditional RPG
    What about fallout
    stupid noob VICTIM of farm equipment [the momentously grade-constructed phasmatodea]
    Installing DAI right now because of this thread.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Obbe What about fallout

Originally posted by Something Squirrel What about oblivion

Bethesda rpgs have a serious lack of content once the main story is out of the way
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by roglahonz blaj dark souls is just hard. if it was easier it would be a shitty game since besides the difficulty its not interesting

You've obviously not played much of it at all if you think it's only based on difficulty
    Originally posted by roglahonz blaj Bethesda rpgs have a serious lack of content once the main story is out of the way

I actually thought fallout 3 was pretty good in terms of random places to explore that weren't connected to the main story or anything

Skyrim is more fun if you just fuck off the main story altogether. My favourite playthrough was a khajit with anger management problems, punching 'cat-racists' to death
    the most fun i ever have in skyrim is killing everyone in town
    there's a mod that replaces the dragons with thomas the tank engine, and all the 'shouts' are train horns
    also one where all dragons are macho man randy savage, for some reason
    stupid noob VICTIM of farm equipment [the momentously grade-constructed phasmatodea]
    Originally posted by aldra there's a mod that replaces the dragons with thomas the tank engine, and all the 'shouts' are train horns
    also one where all dragons are macho man randy savage, for some reason

Wow. That is some next level ultra autism to not only come up with the idea, but to make it a reality, and then unleash it on the world.
Jump to Top